Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Powerful BREEDS and KIDS

Go down 
+11
Jerseyfivedogs
Unhingedmom
HoodieCrow
rotncorso
kbullet
Tookey
Snitty
pooperscooper
Kewl Chick
Boston
Mini
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 8:44 am

And to you my friend. This is a topic we disagree on. I respect your opinion but I rather be long winded and have passion then support those that produce pups simply for for money.

I have never been this way.. and I will never be this way. Doesn't matter the species.

There are alot of examples out there for ambassadors of their breed who time and time again proof the worth of the breed. I am not talking in the show ring.

And it is unfortunate that you will always have individuals such as Nicki has proven, that will always back BSL. No matter what you do , you aren't going to change their minds. They make their decisions based on fear and can't seem to see past their cloudy glasses. No matter what you throw with them. Rescue animals, K9 units, search and rescue the list goes on and on. I always feel when discussing working dogs or dogs.. it is like trying to explain military life to civilians. They don't want the soldiers around. They don't believe in them. But when the flood or fires hit their province. The first people they call are the men in uniform to help out. You are never going to change their way of thinking. They are the ones that have lots to say.. but will never stand behind their words or replace those words with actions. The same way they deem large breed dogs. They are scared.. Until the day, they need a neuf to jump from a chopter to save some one. Or they need a team of search and rescue dogs to help find a lost child. They will never open up their minds. All they see is large breed dogs and they should be banned.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 10:10 am

I LOVE my Dobermans Very Happy And they LOVE my kids Very Happy cheers

Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 10r2suw

Just wanted to share Very Happy ⭐
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 10:25 am

nice pic skittles Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 11:07 am

Great picture Skittles. Your Doberman's are beautiful!! I have a weak spot for your fawn. I do love how the B & T has his paw on your sons leg. Too cute and thanks for sharing!!
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 11:33 am

Now I'm going to post this in this section as I find it quite interesting.....

The original true Miniature Pinscher was more stout in appearance than today's refined dog. Its coat was more coarse and the dog in general was less refined. The refined look of today's dog was a result primarily of many who neglected to realize that the breed was a working breed and not a toy breed. Much of the natural look went away with years of breeding for the refined small dog now seen as today's Miniature Pinscher.

Now if you notice its the breeders neglect that changed the original type of dog into a toy breed. How can you be a proud breeder of a min-pin if the original dog was changed?
Back to top Go down
GypsyJazmine
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
GypsyJazmine

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 1:11 pm

God knows my huge dogs are blood thirsty beasts!
Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Samjil10
Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Bridge10
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 1:27 pm

Does he usually snuggle the bunnies before he eats them?

LOL, i am just joking and I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing!!
Back to top Go down
GypsyJazmine
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
GypsyJazmine

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 1:49 pm

LOL!...I keep livestock guardian breeds...They have little to no prey drive & are great with small animals! Smile
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 2:07 pm

GypsyJazmine wrote:
LOL!...I keep livestock guardian breeds...They have little to no prey drive & are great with small animals! Smile

note to self, according to the photo's you produced bunnies do make great pillows!!!! :lol:
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 2:27 pm

Huskies are vicious.

Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 03skyemaggieNov2008
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 2:56 pm

The look on that poor dog's face..... the humiliation of a bunny slave. Reduced to being a bunny butt-warmer..... the horror of it all!

Either that or that's one strange, long-eared dog you've got there giving the big dog the threatening red-eye of doom look to scare him away from the food?
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 3:29 pm

Yup.... those huskys and shepherds are viscious. Quick hide your children.

Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 100_2923
Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 100_2261
Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 100_2285
Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 100_3031
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 3:36 pm

don't forget the great danes!

Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Greatdane
if you look closely, they are exchanging a pretzel!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Powerful Breeds   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 3:56 pm

You kinda lost me Mini, as I read my comments twice and never once mentioned anything about producing puppies for money. I commented strictly on how an environment effects a dogs personality, in addition to my belief that if a dog is raised with children then there is no reason why they can't be trusted around children, irregardless of the breed. Now if a dog has not been raised around children, I would be reluctant (as a matter of fact if it were my child it wouldn't happen) to trust any dog around a child without close supervision. The rest of my comments dealt with BSL and why I think it is fear based and as a result is being voted in on a weekly basis within our communities. In my opinion some dogs are meant to live in the Country and not meant for city life, some of these breeds would include your herding dogs (Border Collies, Blue Heelers, etc.) protector dogs (great Pry, maramma etc) and some of your larger breed dogs such as the GSD, Rotti, Doberman, Mastiff etc. as these dogs need room to run and a job to do even it is only protecting a farmers yard. The only exception would be the dogs that are used for work purposes and live with their owner/handler these would include the dogs used in Police work, Security work, Search and Rescue. Just because I feel that these dogs should live in the Country rather than an urban environment does not in any way mean I support BSL - I think that any responsible owner would see that these dogs really don't have a place within the confines of an urban settlement. On a personal note Mini nobody as ever dictated to me who I can or cannot have as friends, you may not like Feathers, Eatamouse or Nicki because they raise dogs for profit, but I look beyond how they make a living I look at how they are as a person. I have many friends that make money in various ways which are different, but I choose to look at their positive qualities. I have a good friend that was a high priced call girl in Regina for 30 years and believe me her retirement is a lot more lucrative than mine, yours and anyone else on this forum will ever be, yet I proud to call her my friend. Nor has anybody dictated to me how I should or should not think - I have a lot of opinions and you have the right to disagree with same, you even have the right to attempt to change my opinion on things.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 4:11 pm

frogs beware Shocked

The evil growling is coming from 6 pounds of fluffy white fur and she'll do it to your ankles too affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 5:49 pm

I'm another forum cross over due to all the kijiji nonsense, but I thought I'd share a photo. This bite photo was taken a month after it happened (and still looking nasty! My eyes are still heavily swollen) and it sent me to the ER. The dog exposed my skull and the wound had to be drained and glued several times. I still have a very unattractive scar, but am thankful it was not an inch or so lower because he would have blinded me:

Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 N210800172_31398703_9096

And the culprit?

Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 N210800172_31302171_4889

This is not meant to throw any breed under the bus, as that little fellow there is still with me two years later and a whole new dog, but the point is there is no point to declare any breed dangerous. I went to the ER and I described and the bite was very serious. Was I on the news? Was the city knocking down doors to take Dachshunds away from loving owners? Nope. Could that bite been even more serious with a child? You bet. Any dog can bite. Any dog can be like my Jonas, raised by a BYB with no human interaction until he was 3.

Worst thing that has happened to me by a "dangerous" dog? Well, a Pit sure nommed a pair of my boots real good!
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 6:45 pm

Thank you for your post Stephanie. While I am sorry to hear of your accident I can also see that you still love this dog hence his still being with you.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 6:51 pm

Yikes... that is one nasty bite wound. I'm glad to hear you are doing better and that the dog is doing better too.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 7:10 pm

Love the pics...
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 7:29 pm

wow that is one nasty looking bite, that poor little dog must have been scared to death, good for you, not to let that deminish your love for the dog. i assume he was a rescue, you are one tough little cookie.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 8:50 pm

Thanks guys. The bite is an example also of how dogs do NOT bite without a reason. That bite was ENTIRELY my fault. Now, normally I get a lot of backlash for saying that, but it is true. We had had him for maybe a month and we were probably the first of a few people he had come in contact with after the rescue (We adopted him and he hadn't even been in the shelter for a week yet). He was completely shut down the entire time and hardly showed signs he was even a dog. He was sleeping on his back on the couch and I leaned in to give his chest a kiss. I leaned back and he had pulled his legs in and if I recall correctly (this was over two years ago) he was whale eyed. I leaned back in to kiss him again. He let out an enormous roar and bit down on the first thing he got. I can't be thankful enough that it was only my tough skull!

Pretty stupid, right? Embarrassing for me (I would consider myself at least decent with dogs!) but a really dumb decision and he gave me flashing warning signs to stop. He was not aggressive for the sake of being aggressive. He is a fearful guy who needed a lot of help. We've had him for two years now and he has never bitten again. We've gone through a lot of work and a behaviorist who introduced us to wonderful therapy methods and Pamela Dennison's work. He learned how to be a dog again and while still with is fears he's a happy guy.

I've got three others, too, one of which is a "dangerous" mix. We have a Norwegian Elkhound, a Lab X Dachshund cross (best guess. she is a mutant!), and a GSD X Cattle dog.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 10:39 pm

StephanieF wrote:
Thanks guys. The bite is an example also of how dogs do NOT bite without a reason. That bite was ENTIRELY my fault. Now, normally I get a lot of backlash for saying that, but it is true. We had had him for maybe a month and we were probably the first of a few people he had come in contact with after the rescue (We adopted him and he hadn't even been in the shelter for a week yet). He was completely shut down the entire time and hardly showed signs he was even a dog. He was sleeping on his back on the couch and I leaned in to give his chest a kiss. I leaned back and he had pulled his legs in and if I recall correctly (this was over two years ago) he was whale eyed. I leaned back in to kiss him again. He let out an enormous roar and bit down on the first thing he got. I can't be thankful enough that it was only my tough skull!

Pretty stupid, right? Embarrassing for me (I would consider myself at least decent with dogs!) but a really dumb decision and he gave me flashing warning signs to stop. He was not aggressive for the sake of being aggressive. He is a fearful guy who needed a lot of help. We've had him for two years now and he has never bitten again. We've gone through a lot of work and a behaviorist who introduced us to wonderful therapy methods and Pamela Dennison's work. He learned how to be a dog again and while still with is fears he's a happy guy.

I've got three others, too, one of which is a "dangerous" mix. We have a Norwegian Elkhound, a Lab X Dachshund cross (best guess. she is a mutant!), and a GSD X Cattle dog.

I'll also be the first to admit that a dog-bite I incurred was from a dog I co-owned (she really belonged to my ex, but I was her primary care-taker and I loved her fiercely). It was entirely my fault (and very embarrassing), and it didn't make me love her any less. She was a very special animal.
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 11:46 pm

HoodieCrow wrote:
StephanieF wrote:

I'll also be the first to admit that a dog-bite I incurred was from a dog I co-owned (she really belonged to my ex, but I was her primary care-taker and I loved her fiercely). It was entirely my fault (and very embarrassing), and it didn't make me love her any less. She was a very special animal.

My absolute very first dog bite was from a Yorkie when I was 2 years old. I still have the scar today if you shave my head bald :lol: From the stories that have been told over the years it was all my fault. Apparently I decided the best way to play with the dog is by sticking dog food in my mouth and crawling after him with pot lids on my hands to make loud clapping noises. Now it was not the dog food in my mouth that caused the dog to bite it was the pot lids making such a loud noise lmao
Back to top Go down
GypsyJazmine
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
GypsyJazmine

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 11:51 pm

My first & only dog bite came from getting between two fighting Pyrs...Also my fault. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Powerful BREEDS and KIDS
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next