Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Breeds and why

Go down 
+4
pooperscooper
JJ
BigBrownEyes29
Mini
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Favorite Breeds and why Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeSat 07 Nov 2009, 2:59 pm

I love learning about all sorts of breeds.. From the toy group all the way up..

So lets list our favorite breeds.. Please list the good and the Bad..
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeMon 09 Nov 2009, 6:57 pm

Cane Corso's Very Happy

The most loyal dogs I've had. Always stick by my side, never wander. Make me feel safe when I'm home alone or walking in the woods(same with my Rottweiler)Love their personalities.

I'd say the bad would be the slobber, and some peoples perception of them..BSL. Not a dog for someone that wants a friendly outgoing breed with non family. Dont live long enough like many large breeds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009, 7:32 pm

⭐

Last edited by Dinkers on Thu 26 Nov 2009, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 1:34 am

give me a bit.. i might be able to answer this! haha long list Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 1:57 pm

German Shepherds: loyal, smart , versatile always by your side will defend you no matter what

the bad: blows coat you will have colored cement from all the hair lol...

Doberman: loyal smart very clingy love their owners

the bad: not much just if you dont like dog shadows they will follow you even to the bathroom lol..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 4:57 pm

I don't own my favorite breed....but here is what I have.

Boxer
Good: loyal, comical, like a child
Bad: like a child

Peke:
Good: Sweet, gentle, smart
Bad: Stubborn

My others are mutts
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 10:57 pm

Rottweilers

Pros:
goofy,
sweet,
loyal,
guarding instinct,
great family pet that can adapt to living in the country or in a city (even in an apartment environment),
they don't bark a lot,
laid back / calm breed,
easy to train in that they pick up on things quickly,
easy to house train,
good for competing in dog sports as they always need a job to do to keep them physically and mentally stimulated and out of trouble.

Cons:
shed a lot no matter what good diet they are on ,
guarding instinct,
on the BSL radar,
can be extremely stubborn so early training is highly recommended,
majority are same sex dog aggressive if there is another dog of the same sex in the household, some are just same sex dog aggressive to those that don't even live in the household,
are a breed that's prone to hip, elbow, heart and eye problems,
even if you have a well trained Rottie, people tend to run in the opposite direction.

I'm sure there is more but this is all I can think of at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 10:24 pm

I used to have only 2.. but now I have 3

Great pyrs-

amazing family dog

Very gentle

great protecter

cons

christmas in july
stubborn mule headed
very hard to train. ( not usual training methods)

Keeshound

amazing patient dogs
Dont need alot of excersize
they bounce everywhere

cons

They talk way too much
they talk back way too much
have lots of attitude
Their butts.. argg.. and poop.. LMao

Mastiff

Gentle
protective

cons

eat too much
stuborn

drool..
drool

drool

drool

drool

did I mention drool
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009, 5:50 pm

I love my dogs dearly...I have 2 yorkies and a beagle mix..

I have to admit that I just adore Beagles

Mine is easy going, lovable, cuddly and dumb as a box of rocks. Faithful to the end.

Bad thing about him, he's a hound. Nose to the ground and becomes deaf to my voice. Anything stinky, he rolls in it. Anything stinky, he eats it.

Anything on the floor, he eats it. Anyone comes to the door, he howls. Doorbell rings on tv. , he howls and barks.

Mom is sad, he's there in a heartbeat...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 10:25 am

Pugs Lovable , clingy, think all people are around to pet them , good with children.

Con .......shed non stop, snore, gassy Shocked Found out the hard way they can be very jealous.

Boston Loyal , extremely smart , loving , short hair easy to keep clean .

Con .........sneeze in your face , gassy, snore .

Min-Pin short hair easy to groom, smart , good for rodent control , loyal,

Con ......... will find a way to escape, bull headed, needs to be socialized with strangers , will steal anything small enough for them to carry .

Chihuahua Lovable , smart , easy to groom , love to cuddle .

Con .................haven't found anything I don't like about them . Although we never have small children around .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 2:04 am

Go

Last edited by stillwood on Sun 29 Nov 2009, 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 7:02 am

Feathers you have a Minpin? Can I see a picture? Mine passed away the end of the summer. I miss him terribly. He was my baby. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 8:41 am

Leighvitalone wrote:
Feathers you have a Minpin? Can I see a picture? Mine passed away the end of the summer. I miss him terribly. He was my baby. Crying or Very sad

I have 3 right now ,one is for sale he was returned by one of the people who got him . Poor thing will be ready for a new home soon their other dog was not nice to him so he had some hair missing off of his head when he was returned .
I have a Black and Tan Female and a Chocolate and Rust Male . The Male Puppy that was returned is Chocolate and Rust.
Even being abused by the other dog hasn't affected his attitude he is still out going and very sweet . Will make some one a very good companion.
Thank Goodness I had a return policy the couple who had him still calls and checks on him ,they just need to wait until their older dog passes on before getting another new dog.

LOL I am Terrible with Pictures use my Blackberry but will take pictures of them tonight .

I stay off of the ads now I would see dogs and just have to have that breed . That is how I have ended up with 16 dogs .
I will always have a Min-Pin just love them , and the Chihuahuas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 9:08 am

feathers wrote:
Leighvitalone wrote:

I have 3 right now ,one is for sale he was returned by one of the people who got him . Poor thing will be ready for a new home soon their other dog was not nice to him so he had some hair missing off of his head when he was returned .
I have a Black and Tan Female and a Chocolate and Rust Male . The Male Puppy that was returned is Chocolate and Rust.
Even being abused by the other dog hasn't affected his attitude he is still out going and very sweet . Will make some one a very good companion.
Thank Goodness I had a return policy the couple who had him still calls and checks on him ,they just need to wait until their older dog passes on before getting another new dog.

LOL I am Terrible with Pictures use my Blackberry but will take pictures of them tonight .

I stay off of the ads now I would see dogs and just have to have that breed . That is how I have ended up with 16 dogs .
I will always have a Min-Pin just love them , and the Chihuahuas.

Damn I wish I lived closer....I would snatch one up in a second. I want another one so bad. I miss mine. He was the most unique personality of any dog I have ever owned...a stubburn little shit but full of so much love. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009, 12:39 am

Sorry to hear that Anne. Sad
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2009, 4:39 am

Labrador

The wonderful side

Loving
Loyal
Fun
Great with children
Smart
Easy to teach
Quick learner
Loves to please
Loves the water
Playful
Plays well with any other dog
Doesn't bark much
Shares toys, treats and food with other dogs
Protective, but not overly
Produce beautiful babies
Easy to house train
Loves to do tricks

The not so wonderful side

Eats a lot
Has lots of poop
Sheds horribly
Has bad manners when they drink
Farts stink bad enough to kill ya
Loud, loud burps and doesn't say excuse me...lol..
Stinks from time to time
Thinks they are a lap dog and they are too frickin' big for that
Wants to be the center of attention
Once you give them a ball, you're screwed

Favorite Breeds and why 998725 Favorite Breeds and why 998725 Favorite Breeds and why 998725 Favorite Breeds and why 998725 Favorite Breeds and why 998725

But I wouldn't have it any other way!
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 1:24 am

Who's repetitious and at the moment as usual filling time waiting for PC crap to finish before I can go to bed...that would be me. :| Like this breed a lot, contemplated getting into them but they are so expensive I can't see a market for my adventure without spending an additional fortune showing and waiting to make a dime. Learned this from breeding horses so in the meanwhile I will enjoy the one I have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_l2vp2eOxc
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 3:41 am

pooperscooper wrote:
Who's repetitious and at the moment as usual filling time waiting for PC crap to finish before I can go to bed...that would be me. :| Like this breed a lot, contemplated getting into them but they are so expensive I can't see a market for my adventure without spending an additional fortune showing and waiting to make a dime. Learned this from breeding horses so in the meanwhile I will enjoy the one I have.

Were you talking about Labs Pooper?
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Settling in
Settling in
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 4:02 am

pooper ............ I clicked on another link after watching that video and saw your hubby. Where are his pony tail holders ? Shocked :lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 9:13 pm

JJ wrote:
pooperscooper wrote:

Were you talking about Labs Pooper?

Well as much as I like Labs I think my big dog days are over...unless my brother decides otherwise. He bought my Lab, the Border Collie, gave me Cailleach and her brother (which I sold, training 2 puppies I did not enjoy), added the obnoxious black spitz he bought my mother, a Keeshound and then there's my Uncle who contributed our first Sheltie. I think Julio is the first dog I actually got to choose other than ages ago when I had my toy Poodle and my female Sheltie. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 9:23 pm

Izzy wrote:
pooper ............ I clicked on another link after watching that video and saw your hubby. Where are his pony tail holders ? Shocked :lol: :lol:

"Every once in a while he likes to let his hair down and be Knotty". :lol: :lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Settling in
Settling in
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 9:27 pm

pooperscooper wrote:
Izzy wrote:

"Every once in a while he likes to let his hair down and be Knotty". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, that was bad :cyclops: :lol:
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 10:41 pm

JJ wrote:
Labrador

The wonderful side

[b]ALWAYS A GOOFBALL

Loving
Loyal
Fun
Great with children
Smart
Easy to teach
Quick learner
Loves to please
Loves the water
Playful
Doesn't bark much
Produce beautiful babies
Easy to house train
Loves to do tricks

ALWAYS A GOOFBALL
Eats a lot
Has lots of poop
Sheds horribly
Stinks from time to time

Favorite Breeds and why 998725 Favorite Breeds and why 998725 Favorite Breeds and why 998725 Favorite Breeds and why 998725 Favorite Breeds and why 998725

:lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 11:29 pm

Izzy wrote:
pooperscooper wrote:
Izzy wrote:

Okay, that was bad :cyclops: :lol:

Favorite Breeds and why 478801
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 11:28 pm

JJ wrote:
Labrador

The wonderful side

Loving
Loyal
Fun
Great with children
Smart
Easy to teach
Quick learner
Loves to please
Loves the water
Playful
Doesn't bark much
Produce beautiful babies
Easy to house train
Loves to do tricks

Eats a lot
Has lots of poop
Sheds horribly
Stinks from time to time

This post was kind of a work of art...I love it!!! Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Breeds and why   Favorite Breeds and why Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Breeds and why
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next