Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Powerful BREEDS and KIDS

Go down 
+11
Jerseyfivedogs
Unhingedmom
HoodieCrow
rotncorso
kbullet
Tookey
Snitty
pooperscooper
Kewl Chick
Boston
Mini
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Empty
PostSubject: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 11:10 pm

Okay for some odd reason I can't sign on kijiji.. BUT BOY OH BOY... I want to take the fight here.

I am the PROUD owner of one 2 of the most powerful BREEDS

My mastiff Stands over 6 feet tall. 230 pounds of pure muscle and still hasn't finished filling out.

My great PYRS.. power per jaw inch is stronger then a PITBULL. They will snap the neck of a coyote in under 10 secs. They have killed.

I also own a SHEPARD cross.

Most of you on this forum KNOW me.

I have 3 children 7,4 and 10 months OLD.

I would place anyone of my kids with my dogs. They would not harm a damn hair on their head. If I could I rather my kids take a dog to school.. then I wouldn't have to worry about the STUPID people on this planet.

I am so sick of this breed- can't be trusted around babies.. or this breed can't be around kids.

POINT blank. If you look at any bite stats.. it is the small breed dogs that have more bite per population attacks then LARGE breed dogs.

I was agast at the comments on kijiji...

Take a look at what a shitty parent I am......

Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Oa1z11

Yup.. he is going to eat her alive....

However, I do feel sorry for the person or predator.. that harms any of my family.. or attempts to harm them.. Cause it aint going to be pretty....

Last edited by Mini on Mon 07 Jun 2010, 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 11:14 pm

I have more.....

So feathers, nicki, eatamouse.. I would like to carry the conversation over here.. Because I have stats.. and I have proof.. articles.. on various things..

However, I can't log onto kijiji...

But some of the comments I was floored...

But this is not a personal debate..But I debate I believe strongly in... and I would like to discuss it here..
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 11:16 pm

I was honestly shocked at some of the comments on Kijiji. I have never in my life been more surprised at people making light of the BSL and the comments on certain breeds of dogs being unsafe around children.

I'm really more sad than anything.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 11:29 pm

Agreed, I wanna puke right now. I have had run ins in the past with said posters and they are here now too and it would actually be nice to tell them to go fuck themselves...

Oops...big vent.

I totally agree with you Mini, if my dogs can not be trusted with children, I wouldn't have them. I have fairly big dogs and owned a staffordshire for almost 15 years and he was the best with kids
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 11:38 pm

Actually, a couple of months ago.. the next town over

a cow charged an older woman.... it was her " aggressive " breed dogs that saved her life.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 1:27 am

Mini wrote:
Okay for some odd reason I can't sign on kijiji.. BUT BOY OH BOY... I want to take the fight here.

I am the PROUD owner of one 2 of the most powerful BREEDS

My mastiff Stands over 6 feet tall. 230 pounds of pure muscle and still hasn't finished filling out.

My great PYRS.. power per jaw inch is stronger then a PITBULL. They will snap the neck of a coyote in under 10 secs. They have killed.

I also own a SHEPARD cross.

Most of you on this forum KNOW me.

I have 3 children 7,4 and 10 months OLD.

I would place anyone of my kids with my dogs. They would not harm a damn hair on their head. If I could I rather my kids take a dog to school.. then I wouldn't have to worry about the STUPID people on this planet.

I am so sick of this breed- can't be trusted around babies.. or this breed can't be around kids.

POINT blank. If you look at any bite stats.. it is the small breed dogs that have more bite per population attacks then LARGE breed dogs.

I was agast at the comments on kijiji...

Take a look at what a shitty parent I am......

Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Oa1z11

Yup.. he is going to eat her alive....

However, I do feel sorry for the person or predator.. that harms any of my family.. or attempts to harm them.. Cause it aint going to be pretty....

Wow Bosco looks great, really great. Everything you have stated I believe but to tell the truth I am one of those who are paranoid and I will admit it. I would love to visit with your dogs without mine along. We have had a few bad experiences with large dogs causing damage that was ugly.

Our Lab was great with kids and cats for years until he killed a kitten that got near his food...then many years later he attacked my Sheltie and gave him some serious bites requiring a vet visit over a toy he owned the small dog stole. They had been best buddies always previous to this for 7 years. Our current Border Collie and my mom's holy terror Spitz had another incident that no one visually witnessed so I'm not sure what happened but we did here the commotion and the small dogs eye was popped out of the socket when we did run to see what happened. Vets at the emergency clinic guessed it was a trauma to the back of her head from being lifted and scattered or shook ...$2000.00 vet bill from South side Emergency Vet Clinic and a lot of pain for the small dog.

Back to my paranoia...I take my small dogs daily to the farmhouse and I have no problem with the 5 dogs being together as long as No food is involved in their time spent there. Two of my dogs are foodaholics and so is the BC so as I said...I don't want any harm to come to any of the dogs. I know shit happens in the blink of an eye, stuff one never expects that's maiming or deadly in seconds.

My brother has a beautiful German Shepard that I adore ...he's brilliant and very well trained and lives with 3 small dogs, my nephew and nieces and 3 cats in the city. When he was a year old he accidentally greeted me and put a tooth when being exuberant and jumping up through my upper lip that likely would have need a stitch if I "did" doctors. I take responsibility for that accident for bending down to greet him, if I had stood tall I wouldn't have the scar. He was playing with Cailleach's mom with a big stuffed plush toy (she's very tiny) and he accidentally grabbed incorrectly the dog instead of the toy but he picked up the bitch and not the toy and shook her like a rag doll and tossed her against the wall and she was knocked unconscious. If my brother brings his dog to the farm I do not take mine there on those rare visits. In fact I will make a phone call to make sure he has left to confirm we are not going to have a problem with me bringing my dogs.

It is a dicey topic...I enjoy all breeds big and small but I am not comfortable with large dogs being anywhere near my small ones. Many years ago I had a Miniature Toy Poodle show dog that was my treasure that was in our back yard... roaming Dobermans and Rotties from the neighbors place on our property maimed him badly . Stuff like that horrid day stays with me... they didn't kill him they ripped his hide off and severed his hind leg so severely it was hanging by the skin and we had to humanely euthanize him at the emergency clinic. Sorry but that day, and that horror has always remained with me, it was ugly and I never want to go through that again. :|
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 10:14 am

I don't normally judge any breed, But one breed I never trust are freaking pekingese dogs
There is just something about them little bastards that worry me.
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 11:00 am

I am going to open kijiji up and read some of the comments there, then come back here and post to this topic!
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 4:13 pm

We're waiting Tookey...

LOL...JK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 6:12 pm

I stand behind my belief that children should not be around Powerful breed dogs that are known for aggression. My opinion and no matter how much any of you want to cuss and be foul mouthed it wont change the facts these breeds have killed innocent children , maimed innocent children , and more will die because of irresponsible owners . Not every time you play Russian roulette do you die but the chance is to great to take ! So go ahead and be pissed not going to change the fact it happens and it is a damn shame it has been allowed to go on as long as it has .
I firmly believe no small child should ever be left alone with any kind of pet .

Native American Indian Dog drags baby to the woods: Would you put your baby near a dog?

by random turtle Posted 07/21/09

* 54 answers
* Read all 70 comments
* +5 raves

A family's pet dog, a Native American Indian Dog, has critically injured a baby after snatching him from the crib and dragging him for 150 yards. The baby, Alexander James Smith, is in the hospital. The baby's father heard the baby screaming and ran out to rescue the baby.

Native American Indian Dogs are instinctual, territorial, cautious with strangers, but not vicious.

Here's what I don't understand. I've seen a lot of people let their dogs and babies play with each other. Aren't they worried? I don't care how well trained you think the dog is; a dog can still do unpredictable things. Sure it's cute, but isn't this irresponsible?

NEW PORT RICHEY | She knocked on the door. It was noon Wednesday and Jackie Frishe wanted to check on her friend Nicole Koezeno, a new mom at age 16. Thomas James Carter Jr. was 7 days old - chubby and pink with a head of thick, black hair.

Click to enlarge
Amber Childs, left, said her dog Buddy was inuured by the pit bull mix that killed 7-day-old James Carter Jr.
Buy photo
BRENDAN FITTERER | ST. PETERSBURG TIMES

Click to enlarge
A 45-pound pit bull mix that attacked and killed an infant was being held Wednesday at Pasco Animal Services in Land O'Lakes.
Buy photo
KERI WIGINTON | ST. PETERSBURG TIMES

"Jackie, is that you?" Koezeno said. She sounded sleepy.

"Hold on."

Koezeno unlocked the door.

Frishe, 19, stepped inside and heard her friend scream. The baby was dead on the bed. Sometime while Koezeno slept with her newborn, her 45-pound pit bull mix named Sidon mauled Thomas. Authorities said the infant had more than 50 puncture wounds on his tiny body.

Frishe said the bed was covered in blood. She said she and Koezeno tried to resuscitate Thomas.

"There was nothing we could do," Frishe said.

She said Koezeno cradled her son, kissing him, as they waited for paramedics. Thomas was taken to Morton Plant North Bay Hospital, but nothing could be done to help him.

Frishe said Sidon is a few years old and was never aggressive before. She said Koezeno was a good mother.

"She doesn't deserve this at all," Frishe said.

Kevin Doll, spokesman for the Pasco County Sheriff's Office, said Koezeno is undergoing toxicology tests to determine why she slept through the attack. The baby's father - Thomas James Carter, 20 - lives at the mobile home on Olsen Street in Moon Lake Estates with Koezeno and another roommate. He was not home at the time of the attack. Doll said Carter woke up at 5:30 a.m. Wednesday and fed the baby, then left for work.

Dangerous Dogs
Dog Bite Law Home Page
Resource 4 Dog Bite Law - Dangerous Dogs
Dangerous Dogs: List of Most Dangerous Dog Breeds
Dog Bite Law

While all dogs are potentially dangerous, some are more dangerous than others. Some breeds of dog are significantly larger and stronger than the average person, and it is the duty of their owners to use training and discipline to restrain their pets. Although socialization, training, and care can make an enormous difference, some dogs are by nature aggressive and violent creatures.

According to the Center for Disease Control, the top 10 most dangerous dogs are:

* 1. Pit Bulls
* 2. Rottweilers
* 3. German Shepherds
* 4. Huskies
* 5. Alaskan Malamutes
* 6. Doberman Pinschers
* 7. Chow Chows
* 8. Great Danes
* 9. St. Bernards
* 10. Akitas
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 6:40 pm

feathers wrote:

According to the Center for Disease Control, the top 10 most dangerous dogs are:

* 1. Pit Bulls
* 2. Rottweilers
* 3. German Shepherds
* 4. Huskies
* 5. Alaskan Malamutes
* 6. Doberman Pinschers
* 7. Chow Chows
* 8. Great Danes
* 9. St. Bernards
* 10. Akitas

And if you are basing your beliefs on that you are an idiot.

Want to know why you read about large breeds attacking people and not small breeds because the small breed bites
go unreported.
If every person who has been bit by a small breed dog reported it you would have a list of fluffy dogs on that list and labs.

Most people who will get bit by a dog will be bit by an "ankle biter"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 7:01 pm

HI, I am here and more than willing to discuss this with you. Smile I am not against anyones personal dog, large breed or not. You have and should defended your family dog.

I am siding with the stats on large breed dogs attacts. I personally would not own a rot or pit...for any reason. I do not think they need to be on every block, filling every yard. It is like< my opinion only > have a loaded gun sitting in your driveway for a kid to find.

Did I poke fun at RED..you bet...her ego needs alteration.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 7:12 pm

Snitty wrote:
feathers wrote:

* 1. Pit Bulls
* 2. Rottweilers
* 3. German Shepherds
* 4. Huskies
* 5. Alaskan Malamutes
* 6. Doberman Pinschers
* 7. Chow Chows
* 8. Great Danes
* 9. St. Bernards
* 10. Akitas

And if you are basing your beliefs on that you are an idiot.

Want to know why you read about large breeds attacking people and not small breeds because the small breed bites
go unreported.
If every person who has been bit by a small breed dog reported it you would have a list of fluffy dogs on that list and labs.

Most people who will get bit by a dog will be bit by an "ankle biter"

Go back read my post I believe no child no animal be it cat or dog . I hate animal abuse and neglect but I hate child abuse and neglect more !
here is just one more reason to back up my feelings

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2010/06/07/14298316.html
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 7:50 pm

I don't have time right now.. as I am on the way to soccer

to debate the comments.. but hold onto your panties...

Cause your rotties and your pitts.. are nothing compared to my power houses...

However, I do have the litte guys as well..

I will also provide examples where these small breeds have killed and maimed toddlers and babies.

Every breed can damage. Whether it is a pug. Every breed can kill and do damage.

I will never own a pitbull. Has nothing to do with the " aggressive " breed. They have to high of a prey drive for what I need.

I have 3 children.. and they are not allowed outside.. UNLESS the dogs are with them. I trust my dogs to save their lifes.

I live with cougars.. badgers.. bears.. moose.. coyotes. YOur little small breed dogs.. would be an appetizer.

I will let my dogs run with my kids.. I know they are safe at all times. I would rather have one of my large breed dogs with me.. and they are more powerful then your rotties or pits..

As for RED.. She should be dammed proud of what she has accomplished within her breed. Yes, she has a huge ego.. but she has to fight BSL on every corner. She loves her breed. If pyrs or Mastiffs become apart of the BSL.. You would see this behavior from me.. but much worse.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 9:38 pm

MPO, I think Red has earned her right to that "ego". She works damn hard being an ambassador for her breed. I don't even think I could call it an ego because its all truth.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 9:49 pm

kbullet wrote:
MPO, I think Red has earned her right to that "ego". She works damn hard being an ambassador for her breed. I don't even think I could call it an ego because its all truth.

I am in total agreement with you here Bullet. IMHO Redyre has earned it tenfold and I have learnt a lot from her in the past year. She earned my respect a long time ago!!!
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 10:40 pm

Sorry real life decided it needed me before I could read kijiji let alone respond back here however I will state this

#1 All Time Dangerous Breed:

The #1 most dangerous breed are media outlets that deliberately breed fear, spreading myths and lies about dog breeds and canine behavior through irresponsible reporting and reinforcement of undeserved and negative breed stereotypes.

In all reality would people be so scared of "large breed" dogs if the news quit reporting such a thing. The fact most are considered "the dog was not provoked" how the hell do they know the dog was not provoked when their heads are turned, or they are outside or busy doing such and such a thing. How do you know the kid did not pull the dogs tail, was that dog trained to tolerate a pulling of the tail, poking to the eyes. And if you notice the only reason big breed dogs are on such a list of "do not own" type thing is because thats all the media wants to dish out to you. How many people have gone to the hospital cause a damn chihuahua bit them and needed 5 stitches? Does that make local news, no it doesn't cause its not fear feeding!

How many small breed dog have bit a person's lip or eyebrow that needed to be stitched? Do we have a list of that, of course not its not FEARFUL. Can a small breed kill a child, hell ya! If you really think about it, if your child (or even an adult) is laying on the floor, and that small breed dogs attacks and mauls you in the "right spot" on the neck presto. Do people think of that? I highly doubt it.

Not only that but how many people train their dogs, but don't "train" their kids in return to the aspect of "raising a dog"

Any dog can be trained to be a killer, any dog can bite, any dog can maul, and any dog can be vicious.

How many small dogs have ripped chunks of skin off peoples legs? Does that make the news, hmmm let me see nope its not fearful as usually the owner is "oh my poor foo-foo bit my leg, she's such an ankle biter" and it gets shrugged off as an "opps"

The BSL is a load of bullshit feeding fear into people. IMO no list can be written up of "bad breed to own" as not every single dog bite is reported, not every nip is reported, etc etc. So the "so called list" to me is useless as the paper it was written on!
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 11:05 pm

tookey you said it beautifully.......

and it goes on stupid owners..

BANN everything...

Heck.. I will let my pugs go take on the coyotes. I will not let my kids play outside.. Instead I will let the predators take over our place.. and kill everything. Because I shouldn't have these massive dogs.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 11:22 pm

I love this one article... IT IS so true in so many ways....

Have you ever noticed how smaller dogs are more often than not the ones that attack other dogs, or try to attack your dog as you casually walk by? More often than not, it is the small dogs that are more aggressive, and they are usually the ones that attack you aggressively if you come near them. However, most larger breeds of dog are much gentler, and many even go so far as to simply ignore the smaller dog biting at it’s ankles. So, are small dogs safer pets around children than large dogs?

Smaller dogs are small only in size, they make up for their lack of menacing size with tenacity as a genetic trait. Put a child beside a Golden Retriever

and you have instant chemistry. Put that same child beside a Shi Tzu, and you had better have quick reactions. No, my friends, small dogs and children usually do not mix. There are, of course, exceptions to the rule, as there are with pretty much everything else in life. You will have people tell you stories about how cute, cuddly and sweet their small dogs are. But, when socializing, small dogs tend to be more vicious.

Mid-sized dogs, like beagles, terriers and hounds, are excellent with children. Any dog in this size category should be okay with children, as long as you have been the sole owner of the dog, and have raised it to be a friendly, socialized dog from day one (hopefully, no older than 8 weeks old). If you take a dog from a kennel, or the shelter, and bring it home, do not expect it to be good with your children, or anyone else's children for that matter, until properly trained and socialized.

A dog's upbringing will play a great role in how it reacts to other animals about its' own size. A dog will not know right off the bat, "hey, thats' a Human child, I should be nice to it", the dog only sees something about its' own size, and that something is crawling towards its' dinner dish. Oh, this scenario plays itself out all over the World, every day, and it is not always a good result. The dog may see the child as competition, and aggressively handle the situation as best he knows how (usually with growling, barking and/or biting).

Large breed dogs, like golden retrievers, Dobermans and even pit bulls will be good with any child, even the more precarious of children. If a child pokes his hand into the larger dogs' eyes or mouth, or keeps jumping on it, poking it with things and throwing things at it, you need not fear retaliation. However, this is not so with Schnauzers, Shi-Tzu's, and other small breed dogs.

So, are your children safe with small dogs? Personally, I would rather have my child play with a well brought up and trained pit bull than I would a stranger's Schnauzer that barks continuously at any people who walk by their house, that they see or come into contact with.

Please, before bringing a dog of any size home to your children, check the dog's breeds' specific natures. Some dogs are just known to not be reliable with children, no matter how well trained, if the master is not right there. There are way too many breeds now, especially with all the "designer" dogs out there (golden doodle or cockadoodle anyone?), with instincts from different breeds all mixed up inside that little brain. As well, please do not listen to one friends' testimonials about how good their Shi Tzu is with children, because 19 out of twenty (with a margin of error...) unsupervised small sized dogs will not be good with children.

Read more: http://www.bukisa.com/articles/273705_are-small-dogs-better-with-children#ixzz0qK2tRB8n
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 11:23 pm

Sausage dogs are the most aggressive dogs
Forget pit bulls, rottweilers and Rhodesian ridgebacks, it's the sausage dog that's the most aggressive breed.

Miniatures bite their way to the top: The Short-Haired Dachshund tops an index of canine aggression Photo: GETTY They may be small, but new research found that one in five dachshunds have bitten or tried to bite strangers, and a similar number have attacked other dogs; one in 12 have snapped at their owners.

Known as sausage dogs for their elongated bodies, dachshunds have not, until now, had a fearsome reputation, although they were originally bred to hunt badgers in their setts.

Chihuahuas, an even smaller breed, were the second most hostile, regularly snapping or attempting to bite strangers, family and other dogs. Another small favourite, the Jack Russell, was third.

In Illinois last week, Linda Floyd had to have her dachshund, called Roscoe, put down after the dog gnawed off her big toe while she slept. Mrs Floyd, 56, woke up too late because nerve damage from diabetes had left her with no feeling in her toes.

Dr James Serpell, one of the researchers, said smaller breeds might be more genetically predisposed towards aggressive behaviour than larger dogs.

"Reported levels of aggression in some cases are concerning, with rates of bites or bite attempts rising as high as 20 per cent toward strangers and 30 per cent toward unfamiliar dogs," he added.

Until now, research into canine aggression has almost exclusively involved analysis of dog bite statistics. But the researchers said these were potentially misleading as most bites were not reported. Big dogs might have acquired a reputation for being aggressive because their bites were more likely to require medical attention.

The findings have angered owners of small breeds. Chris Moore, secretary of the Northern Dachshund Association, said: "As far as breeders in the UK are concerned, this is rubbish. It is not in the dogs' nature. I have never been bitten in 25 years."

Tony Fitt-Savage, president of the British Chihuahua Club, added: "I have had Chihuahuas for 30-odd years, and they've never put anybody into hospital. They can be a little bit stroppy."

The study, published this week in the journal Applied Animal Behaviour Science, involved researchers from the University of Pennsylvania questioning 6,000 dog owners.

Breeds scoring low for aggression included Basset hounds, golden retrievers, labradors, Siberian huskies and greyhounds.

The rottweiler, pit bull and Rhodesian ridgeback scored average or below average marks for hostility towards strangers.

Joyce Summers, treasurer of the Rottweiler Club in Britain, said: "I have lived with rottweilers for 40 years and they give nothing but love and affection. I am not surprised Jack Russells are up there near the top; they are yappy little things."
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 11:25 pm

Here's a look at the various dog breeds that are considered potentially aggressive.

Chow Chows are one-person dogs that tend to bite without any warning. They are also a bit ferocious around strangers, and can be quite a tenacious fighter. So make sure to discipline this dog and set right from wrong, immediately.
The Papillon is fiercely loyal of their owners - to a fault. They can be quite possessive and standoffish to strangers.
Old English Sheepdogs are very protective of their owners so they might be aggressive if anybody tends to be too close to its owners.
A Llasa Apso often gets cranky around kids.
Rottweilers are extremely protective of their masters.
Chihuahuas aren't too fond of kids. They'd rather be with adults than play around with tots.
Toy Poodles bite people and other animals out of self defense. Unfortunately, 'playing' according to you may be perceived as a form of 'attack' to them.
Dachshunds aren't known for their patience.
Jack Russell Terriers are feisty creatures who require early training to prevent long-term biting and digging problems.
Giant Schnauzers are very dominant. They often challenge adults, particularly strangers.
Cocker Spaniels often suffer from a dangerous genetic disease known as "rage syndrome." This syndrome causes spontaneous violent action against not strangers, but actual family members. Many Spaniels have been put down because of this unwanted behavior. Check with the breeder to ensure your Spaniel is free from this dangerous dog disease.
The Pekingese isn't all that tolerant of strangers.
Miniature Pinschers usually have aggression issues because they've got this "big dog-little body" mind set going on.
Here's a rundown of breeds that are typically gentle but can't shake off their "bad dog" image.

Boxers are pretty good with kids. They are good watchdogs, but will only become aggressive
Bulldogs are very playful and gentle.
Great Danes, while considerable in size, happen to be kind and affectionate.
Mastiffs are especially quiet and docile.
German Shepherds are great with kids too. These are courageous, fiercely loyal dogs who, if trained properly, will be extremely gentle to family and guests.
Rottweilers are also capable of tenderness and affection. They have a bad rep, but if they trust you, you'll never have to worry.
In truth, most pit bulls aren't really as aggressive as they're made out to be. They tend to be loving, gentle and playful. But there are some that have been raised and trained to be highly aggressive. Such pit bulls tend to be more aggressive toward other animals than people. Aggressive pit bulls often have a history of being abused or neglected, and getting trained specifically to fight. Pit bulls that have been mistreated are seen as being extremely dangerous, so avoid them. If you own one, treat it gently and lovingly.

Whether you've got a puppy or a full-grown dog, what's important is that you give it the attention and care it deserves. Recognizing and heeding the warning signs of potential dog aggression problems will make it easier to deal with them at an early stage. When in doubt about something dog-related, consult with a qualified veterinarian and/or animal behaviorist.
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 11:34 pm

[quote="Tookey"]Sorry real life decided it needed me before I could read kijiji let alone respond back here however I will state this

#1 All Time Dangerous Breed:

The #1 most dangerous breed are media outlets that deliberately breed fear, spreading myths and lies about dog breeds and canine behavior through irresponsible reporting and reinforcement of undeserved and negative breed stereotypes.

+1000!
The comments on that thread by a few certain posters was the most ignorant I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 11:41 pm

feathers wrote:
I stand behind my belief that children should not be around Powerful breed dogs that are known for aggression. My opinion and no matter how much any of you want to cuss and be foul mouthed it wont change the facts these breeds have killed innocent children , maimed innocent children , and more will die because of irresponsible owners . Not every time you play Russian roulette do you die but the chance is to great to take ! So go ahead and be pissed not going to change the fact it happens and it is a damn shame it has been allowed to go on as long as it has .
I firmly believe no small child should ever be left alone with any kind of pet .

Native American Indian Dog drags baby to the woods: Would you put your baby near a dog?

by random turtle Posted 07/21/09

* 54 answers
* Read all 70 comments
* +5 raves

A family's pet dog, a Native American Indian Dog, has critically injured a baby after snatching him from the crib and dragging him for 150 yards. The baby, Alexander James Smith, is in the hospital. The baby's father heard the baby screaming and ran out to rescue the baby.

Native American Indian Dogs are instinctual, territorial, cautious with strangers, but not vicious.

Here's what I don't understand. I've seen a lot of people let their dogs and babies play with each other. Aren't they worried? I don't care how well trained you think the dog is; a dog can still do unpredictable things. Sure it's cute, but isn't this irresponsible?

NEW PORT RICHEY | She knocked on the door. It was noon Wednesday and Jackie Frishe wanted to check on her friend Nicole Koezeno, a new mom at age 16. Thomas James Carter Jr. was 7 days old - chubby and pink with a head of thick, black hair.

Click to enlarge
Amber Childs, left, said her dog Buddy was inuured by the pit bull mix that killed 7-day-old James Carter Jr.
Buy photo
BRENDAN FITTERER | ST. PETERSBURG TIMES

Click to enlarge
A 45-pound pit bull mix that attacked and killed an infant was being held Wednesday at Pasco Animal Services in Land O'Lakes.
Buy photo
KERI WIGINTON | ST. PETERSBURG TIMES

"Jackie, is that you?" Koezeno said. She sounded sleepy.

"Hold on."

Koezeno unlocked the door.

Frishe, 19, stepped inside and heard her friend scream. The baby was dead on the bed. Sometime while Koezeno slept with her newborn, her 45-pound pit bull mix named Sidon mauled Thomas. Authorities said the infant had more than 50 puncture wounds on his tiny body.

Frishe said the bed was covered in blood. She said she and Koezeno tried to resuscitate Thomas.

"There was nothing we could do," Frishe said.

She said Koezeno cradled her son, kissing him, as they waited for paramedics. Thomas was taken to Morton Plant North Bay Hospital, but nothing could be done to help him.

Frishe said Sidon is a few years old and was never aggressive before. She said Koezeno was a good mother.

"She doesn't deserve this at all," Frishe said.

Kevin Doll, spokesman for the Pasco County Sheriff's Office, said Koezeno is undergoing toxicology tests to determine why she slept through the attack. The baby's father - Thomas James Carter, 20 - lives at the mobile home on Olsen Street in Moon Lake Estates with Koezeno and another roommate. He was not home at the time of the attack. Doll said Carter woke up at 5:30 a.m. Wednesday and fed the baby, then left for work.

Dangerous Dogs
Dog Bite Law Home Page
Resource 4 Dog Bite Law - Dangerous Dogs
Dangerous Dogs: List of Most Dangerous Dog Breeds
Dog Bite Law

While all dogs are potentially dangerous, some are more dangerous than others. Some breeds of dog are significantly larger and stronger than the average person, and it is the duty of their owners to use training and discipline to restrain their pets. Although socialization, training, and care can make an enormous difference, some dogs are by nature aggressive and violent creatures.

* 1. Pit Bulls
* 2. Rottweilers
* 3. German Shepherds
* 4. Huskies
* 5. Alaskan Malamutes
* 6. Doberman Pinschers
* 7. Chow Chows
* 8. Great Danes
* 9. St. Bernards
* 10. Akitas

I want to address, the black quote.. as it is for me..

I have never let my baby alone with my dogs. Not even the pugs. Not because they will bite her.. but the main reason she may inflict injury to them.. grabbing their tails. I don't set my dogs or my kids up for failure. You will notice in the picture that my husband is sitting right there. SEE his arm.

I love my dogs. I know my dogs love my kids. But I PROTECT both when it comes to the babies. Drake. Runs with the kids outside. He is far by the best trainned and the eldest. Bosco is still in trainning and STILL a puppy. My pyrs run the pasture.

I take great offense to your comments. When your breed of dogs. are far by the most aggressive small breed dogs. The dashhounds.
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 12:09 am

The media itself has created such a frenzy in people's mind that in due time each will be scared of their own shadow.

Take a step back and look for a moment, how many people are scared of flying due to the media presenting only the horror stories, how many people are scared of drinking bottled water due to the horror stories the media is presenting, how many people were deathly afraid of West Nile, or H1N1 etc. How many people have been scared shitless due to the media only presenting the negativity in ones community.

Fear itself becomes present in ones mind due to one over imagination, two the media constantly feeding you the negativity into today's world, mix together the two and a frenzy begins in your mind.

Can one become scared over a dog bite, personally its all in your own mind...... my son is a proud owner of scars on his face from a dog nip (which left him pouring blood all over my kitchen floor, skin hanging off his face etc). Is he scared of dogs, hell no he wears his scars proudly as he knows it was his fault.

Hell even my son looks at the media and states (btw he's 8 ) "Mom why are they trying to get rid of big dogs, do they not realize its us humans that create them to how they are, if they are going to do that they minus well shoot all animals" In my opinion its pretty amazing that my son knows more about dogs than an average adult does!

Now if they were to report every single dog bite, dog nip, mauling etc then you can produce a list of statistics until then, the lists are bullshit. The lists are pointless as you do NOT have all the facts. Until the day a proven list of every single bite that happens, every single nip, mauling etc occurs the ones that dwell on the half emptiness of a list will continue to live in fear and if you choose to live by the half emptiness of a list which is creating your fear you personally should NOT be a dog owner of any sort!
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 12:25 am

kbullet wrote:

+ 100 I love this emote.:smoke2:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Powerful BREEDS and KIDS   Powerful BREEDS and KIDS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Powerful BREEDS and KIDS
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next