Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bringing back renaissance breeds?

Go down 
+2
rottnmom
mcpug
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

Bringing back renaissance breeds? Empty
PostSubject: Bringing back renaissance breeds?   Bringing back renaissance breeds? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 5:46 pm

Posting this question because we just bought one lol

But wondering what opinions are about breeders bringing back renaissance breeds for the pet market.... or changing a current breed to bring it back to what it was originally?

Good idea?
Bad idea?

Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back renaissance breeds?   Bringing back renaissance breeds? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 6:20 pm

Wow, that's quite the question! Not sure of all breeds that would include but I sure as hell would like to see the English Bulldog returned to it's original form. A friend is awaiting the arrival of her third and I'll be damned if I would spend that amount of money on a dog who needed it's own ass wiped.........not to mention the breeding/whelping problems that about 95% of them encounter.

What other breeds do you consider renaissance and WHAT did you bring home???? clap
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back renaissance breeds?   Bringing back renaissance breeds? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 6:46 pm

I don't know a thing about renaissance breeds.
I am curious what you just bought though-lol
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back renaissance breeds?   Bringing back renaissance breeds? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 6:49 pm

You bought a mammoth? :lol:

Old english bulldog?
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back renaissance breeds?   Bringing back renaissance breeds? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 7:52 pm

yes don't laugh

lol

my husband is picking him up right now as I type this, I think its great for here in Ontario with the BSL in place that my bully happens to have long flowing hair lol and of course the snow as well.

Both his parents are actually German imports and I have pics of his grandpa doing bite work LMAO, which got my attention more then his appearance. I love German dogs.
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back renaissance breeds?   Bringing back renaissance breeds? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 8:00 pm

this is the mom
Bringing back renaissance breeds? So9zir
the dad
Bringing back renaissance breeds? 11j3kux
Grandma (dads side)
Bringing back renaissance breeds? 14ik6j6
Grandpa (dads side)
Bringing back renaissance breeds? Ebbklx
Bringing back renaissance breeds? 33loxtf

And this is the puppy yet to be named.... I was thinking hairy might be appropriate lol

Bringing back renaissance breeds? 3129w1c
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back renaissance breeds?   Bringing back renaissance breeds? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 8:49 pm

Cute.... I think you should name him after me.... Bullet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back renaissance breeds?   Bringing back renaissance breeds? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 9:07 pm

hairy bullet lol

or maybe the silken bullet lol

My husband should be home any second with him, he called and said he looks just like a bear lol. I can't wait to see him
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back renaissance breeds?   Bringing back renaissance breeds? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 10:12 pm

Awwwww! He looks like a baby Ewok!!! clap
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back renaissance breeds?   Bringing back renaissance breeds? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 11:19 pm

Bringing back renaissance breeds? 10z2qza

he kind of looks like a yorkie lol

its so weird the hair on his ears is curly and long behind it lol..... I can't explain it.
And he is SOOO soft like a long haired cat, not stiff or wiry at all.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back renaissance breeds?   Bringing back renaissance breeds? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 11:21 pm

OMG! Look at the chest on him! Yorkie on steroids maybe......gonna be built like a brick s*** house :lol:
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back renaissance breeds?   Bringing back renaissance breeds? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 11:30 pm

lol hopefully he can keep up with Violet or the other way around

two pees outside and he is now sleeping quietly in his crate so far so good (god don't make me regret this lol)
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back renaissance breeds?   Bringing back renaissance breeds? Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 12:30 am

rottnmom wrote:
OMG! Look at the chest on him! Yorkie on steroids maybe......gonna be built like a brick s*** house :lol:

:lol: He does kind of look like a Yorkie on steroids.

McPug, he is cute.

I don't know anything about Renaissance breeds, but with the English Bulldog, it would be nice to see them being bred back to their original look. I actually like the look of the OEB a lot more than the English Bulldog.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back renaissance breeds?   Bringing back renaissance breeds? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 11:11 pm

I don't have any thoughts on renaissance breeds but I do know that is one cute puppy!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back renaissance breeds?   Bringing back renaissance breeds? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bringing back renaissance breeds?
Page 1 of 1