Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Great Debate...

Go down 
+4
JJ
rottnmom
Izzy
pooperscooper
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

The Great Debate... Empty
PostSubject: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 2:04 am

I have mentioned a few times I am debating adding another dog to the family and I have narrowed it down to these two. Although I am still debating if this is the right time. Debate...mental torture is a better word. I never planned to have the black and white dog theme but having studied bloodlines up the whazoo...at this moment these are the ones I am interested in. Both males, and share the same sire. I know most are not into show dogs on this forum, which is my intention, the one with more white already has 8 points and the other is a baby. Both have 5 generations of screened and tested for health parents and the dams and the sire are International champion show dogs.

Which is better?...I know it's a hard question if one isn't into the breed I like but still everyone always has an opinion of what they find more appealing visually on any dog for whatever reason. Just pretend you were choosing and comment. affraid

The Great Debate... Stage

The Great Debate... Denaebbody1
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Settling in
Settling in
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 5:12 am

I love black and white dogs Very Happy ( and horses LOL ) ........... I like the last picture best. I like that it has more black and looks shiny Very Happy AND it is sooooooooo cute !! Very Happy Very Happy The other one looks more grey than black.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 6:32 am

I'm with Izzy. I don't know squat about conformation or whatever it is, but the second little guy is absolutely striking. (and much more cuddly looking ;) )
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 12:31 pm

I like the looks of the black and white one the best.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 8:52 pm

I'm not a show person, and don't know much about showing, but would like my next dog to be a show dog. I like the structure of the dog in the first pic, and if I were to pic based on showing, he would be the dog that I would pic. But like the markings better on the dog in the second pic.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 1:12 am

I love the black and white dog... I love his coloring...

I do agree with BBE...

as for 3 dogs.. I swear.. ahh what's one more............ but you need to get the bigger breads.. LMAO...
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 1:24 am

Thanks everyone for your comments. Still thinking hard on what it is I will decide. The younger boy looks almost identical to Julio and similar to my female in color. People look at us funny already with the black and white thing going on. Getting new dogs especially young dogs in winter is always such a challenge since I will have to train them to our potty schedule and everything else they need to learn to fit in. Still debating with myself. lol!
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Settling in
Settling in
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 2:45 am

number TWO ............ number TWO cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 10:24 pm

Izzy wrote:

LOL...the # 2 stuff is the poopy stuff. lol! Giggle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 11:23 pm

I like the looks of the second dog as well. But, whichever you choose is fine with all of us... tantrum
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jan 2010, 1:14 pm

Gees, I'm amazed you get funny looks for having cordinating dogs, I thought our dogs looked ridiculous together. Differant breeds, colour, size. There's three of them.

Go for both, their both very nice looking dogs. I wanted to say the top pic because I love white, but other's brought up good points about the other and how the black shone......I say forget about their colouring and look into their eyes (can't see pic 2s eye's) thats usually were the real connection comes from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jan 2010, 2:09 pm

the second picture is the cutest. but the first one.. i've never seen one that looks like that before..i'd say the first one because of that its hard to look away Smile
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Settling in
Settling in
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jan 2010, 3:47 pm

pooperscooper wrote:
Izzy wrote:

LOL...the # 2 stuff is the poopy stuff. lol! Giggle

Smart ass Mad :lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jan 2010, 4:51 pm

Just by looks I like the first pic but would have to see a shot of the 2nd dogs face.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010, 1:09 am

The plot has thickened...more options. My head is ready to :bom: tantrum
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Settling in
Settling in
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010, 1:25 am

pooperscooper wrote:
The plot has thickened...more options. My head is ready to :bom: tantrum

MORE options ?? Shocked Does that mean we get more pictures ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010, 2:12 am

Smile Smile Smile Oh yes...I am burned out for the day and I have to sleep on it. I don't do pressure well. 👽
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 2:49 am

Okay..

I didn't post.. cause I figured you would spill the options..

Now my dear friend. You have disappointed me..

My phone didn't ring LOL

and I am still waiting for the update....................

I aint getting any younger ya know.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Izzy
Settling in
Settling in
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 3:55 am

I want to know what the other option is.

Then I want the dog in the 2nd picture Smile
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010, 1:02 am

I have many options and building. From agility and other dog circles the word has gotten out that I was considering a new show dog. Other quality breeders are giving me a number of proposals for my new next dog and it's getting interesting, problem is that many are small breeds I am not reallly fussy about but I am learning a lot about the people I am corresponding with and their breeding programs. At first I wanted a male but now I am looking at a few females as well. I am still most interested in getting my dog from Julios breeder because I really like the breed, her and her dogs.

The downfall is that her show dogs are quite expensive but it has to be factored that she has some of the top dogs in Canada for decades. She has a number of European imports and has spent a fortune on her breeding program. Julios dam was imported from Hungary (if I remember correctly) as a European champion bitch and cost $6,000.00...the reason he ended up with me was because she was iffy about the whole litter consisting of him and two siblings temperament and he being her pick of the litter was the only one she showed and he didn't enjoy dog shows so she spayed the bitch. His breeder wants me to purchase a bitch that is a year old and has already won "best in show" a few times and to further her show career but I haven't shown dog since I was a teen and I am sure lots has changed over that period of time. Her version of showing is to do the Canadian circuit, American circuit and the European...very costly. Would be very cool but being that what I really want is a hobby show dog and basically a pet in the end to do agility and RallyO with and most importantly be a playmate for my two current residents that fits in with farm life. The breeder wishes for the bitch to be used for breeding and that's not something I had considered getting into.

For now it's a lot to think about and I am pleased that I have a good reputation as a dog owner that top breeders are seeking me out to have their dogs in my care. I am in no hurry for a new dog, the "meant to be one" will come my way. they always do. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 12:19 am

We will be picking up our new dog in the very near future, she is a half sister to Julio. We have an adjustment period to have her settle in and then she will be away at shows most every weekend til she gets her championships, she has points but needs to be finished. Shhhhh...don't tell Cam but we are sending her with a professional handler so I guess we are cheating. We are pretty excited about our choice and will be stepping into the breeding world once she is titled. I was nervous about that but we have an agreement where I don't have to whelp her, the breeder will choose the sire and she will also show the offspring and place them into show homes for me. The breeder does annual tests the same as Red and has a lifetime guarantee on all the dogs she produces, she sells dog the dogs mostly to other breeder/show people. Julio is also going to be shown in performance this year so it should be a very dog activity filled year. Lol...poor "boys" will have to adjust to 3 "bitches" in the household. Grin

Here is a picture of her and Julio's sire as a puppy. BPIS CH Amor Hycrest Fade To Black, he is in the Top Ten in Canada and will be competing in the US circuit this year.
The Great Debate... Chasebpisresized_op_800x660

Here is a brother obviously also sired by Julio's father. MBPIS CH. HYCREST THE GAMES Wii PLAY, his win record as a 6 - 9 month old puppy is...3 best puppy in show, 24 puppy groups, 17 group placements, 44 best of breeds. He has been shown 45 times and is making Havanese history. Hopefully this bitch will do as well as her brother.
The Great Debate... Sega1framed
This is the new girls dam, BPISS. CH. HYCREST CENTERFOLD
The Great Debate... Denaeforweb1

Will add a picture of her when she gets home... Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 10:34 am

congratulations on your new girl cheers
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 10:43 pm

.D. wrote:
congratulations on your new girl cheers

Thank you...D. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan 2010, 12:28 am

Congrats on the new girl! Smile
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan 2010, 1:06 am

TY BBE...gads I am starting to sound a lot like Red...too much information...lol. Last year when I got Julio he was the first animal in decades that I actually chose to own that were not horses. We have had hundreds of animals that came our way, mostly cats that we had no choice about. To finally be able to aquire a pet that I "wanted" was a goal I never thought would ever happen. Getting a second that I have the privledge to "choose" and not be dropped in my lap unexpectedly is beyond my expectations. My wish is that I don't aquire any more cats ...read the cat thread. No No No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Great Debate...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next