Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Great Debate...

Go down 
+4
JJ
rottnmom
Izzy
pooperscooper
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

The Great Debate... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jan 2010, 2:31 pm

pooperscooper wrote:
TY BBE...gads I am starting to sound a lot like Red...too much information...lol. Last year when I got Julio he was the first animal in decades that I actually chose to own that were not horses. We have had hundreds of animals that came our way, mostly cats that we had no choice about. To finally be able to aquire a pet that I "wanted" was a goal I never thought would ever happen. Getting a second that I have the privledge to "choose" and not be dropped in my lap unexpectedly is beyond my expectations. My wish is that I don't aquire any more cats ...read the cat thread. No No No

:lol: It's a pet forum and that's what it's for, to brag as much as you want about your pets. Plus I love hearing about others pets and don't consider it TMI. I know what you mean about wanting a pet that you chose on your own to own, and not one that ends up on your doorstep and pulls at your heart strings. When these six cats pass on, I don't think I will own more than one cat after that. It definitely won't be a few crazy indoor feral ones either. I find the three indoor ferals to be really dirty cats. I have to stock up on bleach and constantly bleach around their crate area (door is always open, it's where they like to sleep or go to when they don't want to be bothered by anyone).

If my goals became reality, I would have a nice fixed up farm house, a couple of Rottweilers and some sheep for pets and herding training.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

The Great Debate... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate...   The Great Debate... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 2:26 am

Sunday, sunday, sunday...too much to think about...now my choice has grown to three. I was waiting for the results from the Feb 12 -15 Calgary show and my breeder did a sweep and finished two dogs as best of breed that are full siblings or 3/4 related of my choices and won everything offered in the toy breeds shown and are doing specialties only.

Dammit, I watched the Westminster show for my breed of choice. Footage of the show (warning 14 minutes long )at the end of this post. Too funny, I have always been involved in showing horses and I over many years could pick a show winner and good bloodlines but crap...in this breed the cream of the crop dogs all look way too much the same, how do you pick? Westminster isn't what I am setting my goals for but it is interesting. The breeders all over north america and the world are bitching about the "corded coat" dog Sweepea winning for a second time in her career because she looks dirty and unkept in the cords. Anyways. we are "maybe' deciding this weekend which new dog... cheers

http://video.usanetwork.com/features/westminster_dog_show/toy_group/v1201775

https://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k76/griffingrange/?action=view&current=PICT0022re.jpg
Back to top Go down

The Great Debate...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2