Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ABORTION PROS AND CONS

Go down 
+16
Igloosukka
horrid hounds
HoodieCrow
cureforboredom
Amomma
kbullet
Mini
MikaKeara
mcpug
tootles
Boston
Snitty
Susan
Jerseyfivedogs
Kewl Chick
yorkiemom
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
horrid hounds
horrid hounds

ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 4:25 pm

IMO octomum should of stopped at one.....maybe then one of her kids would stand a chance of a half decent life
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 4:26 pm

horrid hounds wrote:
IMO octomum should of stopped at one.....maybe then one of her kids would stand a chance of a half decent life

^ This
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 4:34 pm

Boston wrote:
I was hoping some of the people against abortion would respond with their thoughts. Unfortunately, the only one that addressed it was Yorkie.

Thanks Yorkie. Very Happy

I haven't keep up to date on Octomom, she doesn't deserve the attention she's received. Personally she is a nit wit and only did all that to become "celebrity du'jour"
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 4:38 pm

I addressed it because I feel there is a time and a place for an abortion,if it is not life threatening or one of the others I listed,then I feel the pregnancy should be brought to term,however some of these teen girls and octomom should be sterelized after they have done something so stupid

We have all made mistakes but to continue to make the same mistake and your tubes are tied,feel the same way about a man that has 3 women pregnet at the same time,just cut him and he is done
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 4:39 pm

Epic D wrote:
Boston wrote:
Your feelings on Octo-mom as a whole. She already had six children (one with autism). Should she have had more? She stated that the reason she had all the eggs implanted was because she didn't want the unused fertilized eggs to be thrown out? Is that the same as abortion? If you believe life begins at conception how to you differentiate?

She now has 14 children. Do you think those children are getting quality care? Would they have been better off if she had reduced numbers?

People are ignoring this Shocked

Okay, well I'll try a go at it - but I don't know a lot about Octomom, so I might get some facts wrong. I don't really have an objective point of view on this, because - having the ability to have children - I have never been in a woman's shoes who wanted invitro fertilization. I think that if I were in that situation, it would be adoption that I would opt for. I can say that almost certainly. So my whole thoughts on invitro fertilization in general are not objective. I suppose if someone gave me a bunch of "what if"s I'd fall into the moderate category on the subject.

Anywayz...from all the media hype that I know of Octomom -and who knows what is true - she shouldn't have even been eligible for in-vitro anyway. Were any of her children conceived without medical intervention? Didn't she live with her mother and was on Welfare? And...regarding getting rid of eggs that have "caught on" after in-vitro - is, to me, the same thing as abortion. Maybe one of the reasons why in-vitro seems so strange to me. Picking and choosing.
Back to top Go down
Susan
Susan

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 5:31 pm

Wow, a lot of pages to read to get caught up.

Okay, Boston, I have never heard of octomom. I RARELY watch, listen, or read any news. From what was mentioned of her here, I would say that from my opinion, I would think it would be abortion, since they were implanted. I don't think throwing eggs away or wasting them or whatever would be wrong. I am unsure of where I stand on invitro. I don't think I agree with it at all actually. There are so many children in the world to adopt or foster.

I don't think that life begins until fertilization, not ovulation. One can't happen without the other.

I don't know enough of her life/story to speculate on whether the kids will get quality care or not. No way to know. We could all guess.
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 5:41 pm

Do you mean conception? I don't think anyone was trying to say that life begins at ovulation.

During in-vitro, the eggs are fertilized before being implanted. Often times not all the eggs are used and some are disposed of.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 5:47 pm

Susan wrote:

Okay, Boston, I have never heard of octomom. I RARELY watch, listen, or read any news. From what was mentioned of her here, I would say that from my opinion, I would think it would be abortion, since they were implanted. I don't think throwing eggs away or wasting them or whatever would be wrong. I am unsure of where I stand on invitro. I don't think I agree with it at all actually. There are so many children in the world to adopt or foster.

I don't think that life begins until fertilization, not ovulation. One can't happen without the other.

I don't know enough of her life/story to speculate on whether the kids will get quality care or not. No way to know. We could all guess.

Unless you live under a rock, I really doubt you've never heard of octomom.

Maybe you should google before deciding to post as you just seem silly now.
Back to top Go down
Susan
Susan

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 5:52 pm

Epic D wrote:
Susan wrote:

Last time I checked, I don't live under a rock. I have 2 kids, and they keep me busy, and I've been sick for while now. To debate is one thing, to be rude is another. I don't see how hard it is to imagine I've never heard of her since I have no television channels, I don't buy the newspaper, (but I do deliver it lol) and I don't read much online. Big deal.

Oh well, there's no loss to the world just because i'm not current on news and such. I usually have other things to do. I don't think I look silly. Potatoe Pototoe
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 6:11 pm

Susan wrote:
Epic D wrote:
Susan wrote:

Last time I checked, I don't live under a rock. I have 2 kids, and they keep me busy, and I've been sick for while now. To debate is one thing, to be rude is another. I don't see how hard it is to imagine I've never heard of her since I have no television channels, I don't buy the newspaper, (but I do deliver it lol) and I don't read much online. Big deal.

Oh well, there's no loss to the world just because i'm not current on news and such. I usually have other things to do. I don't think I look silly. Potatoe Pototoe

Rude? Sweetie I wasn't even close to being rude.
You're comments about in-vitro and "I don't think that life begins until fertilization" is what made you look silly.

I use the term silly in place of telling you, that you looked like an idiot btw.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Settling in
Settling in
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 6:22 pm

Making friends again dinky ?? 8) :lol: :lol:

As to topic ......... no comment 8) 8) Okay okay I will comment...... do I agree with abortion ? NO, not at all. HOWEVER ( and you know there has to be a 'however' ) I do believe a woman is entitled to that choice. I also agree that if a woman was raped ( by family or not ) she might have a very difficult time raising a child that was conceived in such a violent manner. Could I abort a baby / fetus ? No, I couldn't. That is just me. In the same breath, I have taken a girl to have an abortion, and it was a horrible experience. Not for her (she didn't blink an eye ) but for me ...... I cried Crying or Very sad

As for Octomom ....... omg, the doctor you did the procedure ( with the 8 kids ) should be shot :!: :!: Evil or Very Mad Okay, maybe not killed, but at least he shouldn't be able to practice anymore Mad
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 6:24 pm

Izzy wrote:
Making friends again dinky

Seems its a gift.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Settling in
Settling in
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 6:27 pm

Epic D wrote:
Izzy wrote:

Seems its a gift.

Is it paid for yet ? Can you return it for a refund ? Shocked :lol:
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 6:37 pm

Izzy wrote:
Epic D wrote:
Izzy wrote:

Seems its a gift.

Is it paid for yet ? Can you return it for a refund ? Shocked :lol:

I'm not returning it, I like it.
Back to top Go down
Susan
Susan

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 6:37 pm

Doesn't phase me a bit what you think of me Epic. I was simply sharing my view on the subject, and you have a right to your opinion as do I. Lets just hope neither of us ever have to go through a situation like rape or a life-threatening pregnancy to make a decision about abortion.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 6:38 pm

And it fits you so well Dinkers,I see no need for a return LOL
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 6:41 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
And it fits you so well Dinkers,I see no need for a return LOL

Most people seem to agree with you on that :lol:
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 7:26 pm

Susan wrote:
Doesn't phase me a bit what you think of me Epic. I was simply sharing my view on the subject, and you have a right to your opinion as do I. Lets just hope neither of us ever have to go through a situation like rape or a life-threatening pregnancy to make a decision about abortion.

I don't call the idiotic ramblings of someone who post's without having a clue what they are talking about "opinions"

As to your reasons why one would need an abortion, someone doesnt need to be raped or have a "life-threatening pregnancy" to have an abortion they have the right to have one for any reason.
Back to top Go down
Susan
Susan

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 7:32 pm

Epic D wrote:
Susan wrote:

I don't call the idiotic ramblings of someone who post's without having a clue what they are talking about "opinions"

As to your reasons why one would need an abortion, someone doesnt need to be raped or have a "life-threatening pregnancy" to have an abortion they have the right to have one for any reason.

No shit, and the world would be a better place if everyone just thought like you did.
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 7:54 pm

You might have mixed up fertilization and conception Susan but you do facetious swimmingly.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 7:58 pm

Susan wrote:

No shit, and the world would be a better place if everyone just thought like you did.

True.
Back to top Go down
Susan
Susan

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 5:56 am

Boston wrote:
Do you mean conception? I don't think anyone was trying to say that life begins at ovulation.

During in-vitro, the eggs are fertilized before being implanted. Often times not all the eggs are used and some are disposed of.

I was trying to say that if she chose only one or two eggs to be fertilized, and they succeeded, then disposing of the other ones wouldn't, in my mind, be abortion because they were still just eggs. That's why I mentioned ovulation. Ovulation is just the releasing of your egg, so if one took those eggs and got rid of them, what's the difference?

To me, it's when the sperm enters the picture that life begins.

Just because an embryo is so small and has no heartbeat yet, doesn't make it non-human. It IS alive. There are lots of things in this world that don't have heartbeats, but they are still alive. I don't believe that messing with life the way this woman did is something that should be done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 7:14 am

Susan wrote:
Boston wrote:

I was trying to say that if she chose only one or two eggs to be fertilized, and they succeeded, then disposing of the other ones wouldn't, in my mind, be abortion because they were still just eggs. That's why I mentioned ovulation. Ovulation is just the releasing of your egg, so if one took those eggs and got rid of them, what's the difference?

Just because an embryo is so small and has no heartbeat yet, doesn't make it non-human. It IS alive. There are lots of things in this world that don't have heartbeats, but they are still alive. I don't believe that messing with life the way this woman did is something that should be done.

If you believe that if the egg is fertilized than its alive at that point than you don't think women should use IUDs for birth control ? I do agree when the egg is fertilized the egg at that point is the beginning of a human life .
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 7:25 am

Susan wrote:
Boston wrote:

You hang in there sunshine, you're fucking special.
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 7:51 am

What crawled up your panties D?

Geeze.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   ABORTION PROS AND CONS - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ABORTION PROS AND CONS
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next