Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Politcal Rants by MINI

Go down 
+7
ivegotfleas1
rottnmom
Boston
Mousey
BigBrownEyes29
yorkiemom
Mini
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Politcal Rants by MINI Empty
PostSubject: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 12:29 pm

Disclaimer. I am not a racist.

BUt I have alot of issues with our Damn Country. Lets debate this topic... and those that disagree I will keep an open mind.

This stuff really pisses me off

450 people are now in detention centers because they paid 40 thousand hopped on a boat and came to CANADA. ILLEGALLY...

Our country welcomes them with OPEN arms. Here, we will start the paperwork so you can become a Canadian citizen. Heck you can Bring over TB and guess what our Tax payers will fork up the money. To heal you. Don't worry about following proper protocal... Shit.. We don't care about that.. Just hop on a boat.

We will help you get on your feet. Not to mention 90 percent of the refugees were men. Ya they get special treatement cause they left their familes at home to suffer. In order to come to this FREE country. Leech on our systems..

Brings me to my next RANT...

We fought segregation a long time ago.. Now what is happening makes me sick.

These countries are making their own communities. I don't care about building your own churches. But as soon as you start building your own school and your own cities within a city. I have a problem. This is canada. You want to come here. Gosh darn it all.. go to our schools. Learn the ENGLISH language. PAY taxes. Spend that money in our COuntry. NOt send it all home. I don't bust my ass and pay my taxes so you can live a free lifestyle..

No worries it is Canada. If you are an immigrant or of a minority.. we will pay your education.. pay your rent. But someone like ME... well I am shit out of luck. I bust my ass.. just so I can go back to school..a nd the government laughs and says.. OH well.. you are white.... and a canadian we don't need to help you..

Oh next rant.. Lets talk religion for a bit. Everyone has the freedom tobelieve what they want. Have no issues in regards to this.

What I have issues is. Don't bring your religion into our schools. I don't give a rats ass. You are in Canada now. Follow our guidelines don't try to change them.. in order to be like your own damn country. You don't like it.. MOVE back to your own country so you can practice them

IE- wearing a dagger in school........ ect.....

My biggest Vent... IF YOU JOIN THe CANADIAN forces. I don't care about your race or your religion. YOU MADE the choice. So cut off your damn hair. DON"T wear a turban.. WEAR the damn beret. This is canada. YOu don't like it.. go back to your own country.

I am all for Multicultural society. But when do we say enough is enough. Being multicultural.. shouldn't change the laws and what Canada is. We are Still Canada. I am sick of us changing laws to suit other countries. Because they made the choice to come here. We should stand strong. But dammit.. If you don't like this country. Stop building your own communities and segregating yourself and trying to build your own mini countries within ours. Cause I am sick of this. I should be proud to be a Canadian. But it is unfortunate.. That most people won't even say they are CANADIAN. First and foremost. Nope they will say they are ( insert any other country) as if Canada is NOTHING

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 12:35 pm

doesn't just happen in canada MIni

and let me also say I am not a real prejiuce person,but if you are going to
come to my counrty learn how to speak the damn language,spanish
does not cut it

We have a new plant that just opened up nearby,it employs 300 people,85% of those are illegal immigrants who are willing to work 7 days a week and 12 hour days for minimum pay,sorry folks but I am not taking my car to the esponol car garage

If they want something get their shit together and quit sucking our economy dry

when immigrations come in and ask for green cards,no one shows up for work LOL
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 1:25 pm

Don't worry Mini. I agree 100%.

ETA: I used to work years ago as a legal assistant for a lawyer who specialized in immigration law. 90% of the people that come to the U.S. and Canada crying refugee status, they fear for their lives in their own country is a bunch of b.s.

There was a lady and her two children who came over to Canada, and she applied for refugee status. Stating that her husband was kidnapped by some terrorist group in her country (she was somewhere from the middle east), and feared he was dead as she hadn't heard or seen him in 4 years. She goes on social assistance, goes through this long drawn out process to be able to stay in the country. Once the immigration judge grants in her favour and her refugee claim is accepted. No kidding, 5 months later her husband miraculously appears and is able to contact her in Canada. Made me sick to stomach to hear how later she laughing and bragging to others about how her plan worked. She was never in any danger.

I have no problems with people applying to come her legally. But as a single mother, who is not on and never been on any type of social assistance, it is getting harder as each year comes to fork out more money in increased taxes, utilities, etc... so that others can come illegally and take advantage of this.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 4:15 pm

I agree 100% as well. I won't say what's on my mind I don't want to offend. I especially believe about the military, there nothing I hate more than seeing a turban on a soldier, especially when they don't take them off in our messes.
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 4:51 pm

I had a response typed up and then my internet crashed. GAH!! Mad

Anyway, I won't comment on the boat that came to Canada as I consider myself entirely uneducated on the subject. I don't know enough about it to give an informed opinion one way or another.

I will however disagree with your stance about religion. Plus I know how much you want someone to debate something with you. Very Happy I see nothing wrong with having a multitude of religions represented in the school system. Actually, I support the idea completely. Growing up I had no clue about Ramadan or Diwali. The only religion represented in my education was the Christian faith (and I went to public school, not Catholic). We had Christmas concerts, decorated the door for Easter, etc. Where was Hanukkah? Kwanzaa? Chinese New Year? It was a disservice to myself and my classmates not to have knowledge about other religions. Don't we want a tolerant society? Starting with the youngest members seems like an ideal place.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 4:55 pm

I can't disagree with some of that,but when did it become that to soothe the immigrants we no longer say MERRY CHRISTMAS but HAPPY HOLIDAYS?

When did it become a way of life that in our American Legions that immigrants were allowed to kee[ the turban on?

When did it become alright for them to carry sabres,but the other children are in shit if they forgot to take the pocket knife out of their pocket after cutting baler twine early in the morning?

Other religions could and should be taught,but not by throwing them in our face
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 5:03 pm

I've been chatting with a friend who went up to Fort Mac. six weeks ago to get work.......49 years old, gives 110% to any job he's ever done, paid his own way there and willing to take any other training (and pay for it) that will get him into a good, permanent job up there. He finds out the companies (with likely the help of the government) are offering huge incentive bonuses to immigrants to come up there to work!! They are going to ready made jobs and fucking getting paid to walk in the door, while he has to get to the back of the line and hope there's some crumbs left.

It's time this country got it's priorities straight and started thinking about those who have lived and worked here their entire lives........AND put them in office. Hell, what about all the Maritimers that have to leave to find work in order to make a living wage.....how about a nice incentive for them?
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 5:09 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
I can't disagree with some of that,but when did it become that to soothe the immigrants we no longer say MERRY CHRISTMAS but HAPPY HOLIDAYS?

When did it become a way of life that in our American Legions that immigrants were allowed to kee[ the turban on?

When did it become alright for them to carry sabres,but the other children are in shit if they forgot to take the pocket knife out of their pocket after cutting baler twine early in the morning?

Other religions could and should be taught,but not by throwing them in our face

The only time I say Merry Christmas to someone is when it is obvious they celebrate Christmas. And by obvious I mean wearing a Christmas sweater etc. Otherwise I say Happy Holidays. I say it because I want to be inclusive of all the many religions. I don't think it's a detriment to Christmas to say Happy Holidays instead.

American Legion as in the veterans group? I'm sure there will be a few of you here who will disagree completely with me on this but I don't think there is anything wrong with keeping the turban on. It is a religious symbol. The same thing as wearing a cross and no one would dare ask someone to remove that.

Maybe I'm just living in a bubble but I've never seen anyone carrying a sabre to school and I've been in a lot of schools.

We see it differently. I don't feel like any religion is being thrown in my face. I see people fighting for inclusiveness of their religion, whatever that may be.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 5:11 pm

Boston wrote:

Anyway, I won't comment on the boat that came to Canada as I consider myself entirely uneducated on the subject. I don't know enough about it to give an informed opinion one way or another.

I will however disagree with your stance about religion. Plus I know how much you want someone to debate something with you. Very Happy I see nothing wrong with having a multitude of religions represented in the school system. Actually, I support the idea completely. Growing up I had no clue about Ramadan or Diwali. The only religion represented in my education was the Christian faith (and I went to public school, not Catholic). We had Christmas concerts, decorated the door for Easter, etc. Where was Hanukkah? Kwanzaa? Chinese New Year? It was a disservice to myself and my classmates not to have knowledge about other religions. Don't we want a tolerant society? Starting with the youngest members seems like an ideal place.

LMAO- at your comments

No religion does not belong in schools. Or let me put.. YOu can options for classes on religion. Where if the student wants to learn various religions they opt for that class. But it should never be part of our curriculm and should never be forced on children to learn.

As for christmas. We don't have that now. Because being christian is not a good thing. It is like being white in this country. But yet in some schools they do celebrate other religious holidays. I do agree that it should be fair to everyone. Hence it should be an option as a parent I should have the write to refuse this kind of education.

YOu wanna talk about some more shit. How about... how are schools no longer sing OH canada. Or they have to learn oh canada in other languages because the schools population has the majority of kids in that language.

Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 5:14 pm

Mini wrote:
Boston wrote:

LMAO- at your comments

No religion does not belong in schools. Or let me put.. YOu can options for classes on religion. Where if the student wants to learn various religions they opt for that class. But it should never be part of our curriculm and should never be forced on children to learn.

As for christmas. We don't have that now. Because being christian is not a good thing. It is like being white in this country. But yet in some schools they do celebrate other religious holidays. I do agree that it should be fair to everyone. Hence it should be an option as a parent I should have the write to refuse this kind of education.

YOu wanna talk about some more shit. How about... how are schools no longer sing OH canada. Or they have to learn oh canada in other languages because the schools population has the majority of kids in that language.

Okie dokie. Lesson learned.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 5:15 pm

rottnmom wrote:
I've been chatting with a friend who went up to Fort Mac. six weeks ago to get work.......49 years old, gives 110% to any job he's ever done, paid his own way there and willing to take any other training (and pay for it) that will get him into a good, permanent job up there. He finds out the companies (with likely the help of the government) are offering huge incentive bonuses to immigrants to come up there to work!! They are going to ready made jobs and fucking getting paid to walk in the door, while he has to get to the back of the line and hope there's some crumbs left.

It's time this country got it's priorities straight and started thinking about those who have lived and worked here their entire lives........AND put them in office. Hell, what about all the Maritimers that have to leave to find work in order to make a living wage.....how about a nice incentive for them?

Considering all the lay offs the oil field has had.. and I know alot of people who can't get jobs.. can't feed their families.. But oh well.. we are just canadians..
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 5:21 pm

Now lets talk turbans in the miltitary

NO they should not be allowed. Sorry, but the military is a dress. They decided to join the military. This is canadian history. So if we make allowances and our tolerant for everyone. I don't care what they do or what they wear. But the beret is apart of the Canadian Forces.

Each unit has a different color of beret. Red- MP's green, and navy. They all MEAN something. Men fought for the honor to have these berets. But because someone is religious. They can throw away hundreds of years of tradition and humilate the history of what these means. THis is part of Canada. These are pieces.

Heck lets just rename our Country.

We always talk equality. We always talk Human rights. I agree with this.

But what would happen, if I were to start a STRAIGHT White Pride parade. I am not kidding. I have nothing wrong with the gay pride and Black pride and all of those parades.

Guess what would happen. I would be thrown in JAIL. or called a racists. Because I am not allowed to have pride.

Before people take offense. I am not racist. And everyone has the same rights. But I wanted to point out.. that it should be equal across the board.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 5:26 pm

Lets talk about the american legion or the AMVETS the immigtants did not fight the war with our men and women so their needs are migated by the fact they are just that IMMIGRANTS
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 5:28 pm

somehow the cops or your RCMP just don't command a lot of respect in their turbans

Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 5:30 pm

Have you ever heard the pledge of allegience spoken in Spanish,just not that attractive and why should my children have to learn to sing it that way

Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 5:37 pm

IMO people need to stay in their own countries.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 5:38 pm

Another shining example of how loyal 'our' government is to Canadians.........read this in today's paper and felt like putting my fist through the screen.

"I was told by a senior Treasury Board analyst, who shall remain nameless, that it is in the government’s best interest to have soldiers killed overseas rather than wounded because the liability is shorter-term," he told a marathon Ottawa news conference.

Quoted from the full article, Ottawa 'cheating' military widows .........

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Canada/1197384.html

Now doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy?
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 5:44 pm

I think alot of us feel that way,I know when I phone a business I would damn sure like someone who speaks english that I can understand

And that statement made me sick,really saying it is cheaper to have them dead

I for one am tired of feeding and watering the immigrants never mind the illegal ones that have flooded our school system and everything else
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 5:48 pm

rottnmom wrote:
Another shining example of how loyal 'our' government is to Canadians.........read this in today's paper and felt like putting my fist through the screen.

"I was told by a senior Treasury Board analyst, who shall remain nameless, that it is in the government’s best interest to have soldiers killed overseas rather than wounded because the liability is shorter-term," he told a marathon Ottawa news conference.

Quoted from the full article, Ottawa 'cheating' military widows .........

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Canada/1197384.html

Now doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy?

oh rotton I can tell you things that would make your head spin...

the battles our family fought for over 2 years with the military and the government over PTSD

My friends wifes.... who lost their homes because mortgage insurance didn't cover a war. ( small print)

How some of them had 30 days to leave military housing...

The list goes on and on....

How Canada doesn't give a rats ass about our wounded warriors.

How I can go into a good friend who lost both of his legs.. and was a spokes person for the military until they shafted him.

I can make a huge list of things we have been fighting.

Because it boils all down to money.. We have money to send to other countries. We have money to help immigrants. But for those that fight and die for our rights.. alway get the shaft. From living on poverty in years past......

THis is what Canada has become. For alot of people they don't see it. We, mouse and I .. live it
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 5:55 pm

I have a cousin who was in the viet nam war,his compensation for that NOTHING,it was not a popular war.He was a friggin mess,woke up in the
night trying to strangle his wife,that was the last straw for him,he committed suicide rather than live like that while the military turned their back on him
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 5:55 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
I think alot of us feel that way,I know when I phone a business I would damn sure like someone who speaks english that I can understand

And that statement made me sick,really saying it is cheaper to have them dead

I for one am tired of feeding and watering the immigrants never mind the illegal ones that have flooded our school system and everything else

But in reality it is. The payout to the spouses.. It isn't much.. The payout to re educate and help the soldier in the long run ( if they do it) is alot of dough

It is all about money. It makes me sick to my tummy....
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 5:58 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
I have a cousin who was in the viet nam war,his compensation for that NOTHING,it was not a popular war.He was a friggin mess,woke up in the
night trying to strangle his wife,that was the last straw for him,he committed suicide rather than live like that while the military turned their back on him

This is not new.. even more so now adays..

Yorkie I have fought battles. Waged a personal war with the military, the government, veterans affairs. Took it to the media. Everything I had.. The only thing I could do. Was pay for the treatment.. out of my own pocket. Only to be put on hold.. Phone calls never returned. All for what...... To see our government give more to immigrants of this country. Then to the Men and women who will stand and fight for them...

Because hubby is still in.. and the only reason. Is we Believe our country is worth something. His principles is what keeps him going..
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 6:04 pm

I agree 100% mini,I came for a military type family and they fight because they believe in their country,they sure as hell don't do it for the BIG money they make

It sickens me to see the immigrants live here on our welfare system while the "local" go without,becuase,you will never believe this,the free money is running out
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 6:21 pm

I've mentioned this before.....the sign on my daughters school is in like 5 languages, wtf??? There was a rumour about teaching Arabic, wtf????

Anyway, let's do the uniform thing Very Happy . If there is a uniform, you wear it. I don't give a shit what your religion says. If you don't like the uniform, don't join or apply for the job, knowing full well that you are only going to cause a stink. Do what you like religiously, but do it in private or in your "church" where it belongs. If you go to a public school, throw the religion out the window. You're there to learn, not push religion.

Now, don't make me get into a real debate anymore, k? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 6:23 pm

YOU go FLEAS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Politcal Rants by MINI   Politcal Rants by MINI Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Politcal Rants by MINI
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next