Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone Up For A Training Challenge

Go down 
+5
BigBrownEyes29
mcpug
Snitty
rotncorso
pooperscooper
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 1:19 am

Borrowed the idea from "that other place". Simple fun things interacting with our dogs? And since the other forum perhaps is having a meltdown I don't want to waste my effort I posted there...for BBE. They are enthusiastic. :lol: :lol: :lol: Anybody into something like this????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7rIkUxkYbg&feature=channel
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 5:47 am

I'd be up for it.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 7:48 am

Omg I love the boy? the one with the more white so freaking cute!!!

I might be up for it but think I should get the house breaking and the people aren't chew toys training finished first Shocked
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 8:53 am

I am up for it....

It would be funny pooper to see your dogs and my dogs do a similar "routine" of tricks...... to music possibly LOL.

What tricks to your guys know?

Mine can target, sit, down, spin, shake paw........

Forgot to add my vid of Lucky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgDnffWZgy8

Daisy (my other pug) is having surgery on Tuesday as well, but would be up for teaching the puppy something.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 2:17 pm

Hey Pooper, just post it here. The only reason I was going to post there is because Moonlitt isn't a member here. I will still post the touch video that I'm going to make over the weekend there but will also post it here. Then after that vid, just post the rest that I'm going to attempt to do over here.
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 2:18 pm

I'll try and wrangle the beast into learning something. Right after BBE teaches him to sit. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 2:19 pm

Epic D =) wrote:

I might be up for it but think I should get the house breaking and the people aren't chew toys training finished first Shocked

I think you can post those as training tricks. :lol: Seriously, have him ring a bell to let you know he has to go outside to go pee.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 2:23 pm

Boston wrote:
I'll try and wrangle the beast into learning something. Right after BBE teaches him to sit. Very Happy

:lol: There is this Boston Terrier in one of the beginners obedience classes. Talk about a ball full of energy and a handful. It took 4 classes to get him to calm down and do the exercises in class. Mostly on the heeling exercises, he spent most of the time up in the air (from jumping) until class #4. :lol: They sure have a ton of energy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 2:28 pm

They sure do. Mine has spent most of his 3 years in the air.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 9:48 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I just spent the past hour taking short video clips of the touch command, right formal finish, left formal finish, along with a few others, only to upload the videos to my computer and find out they are so dark you can't see anything until the very end of the video. I think I need to invest in a new digital camera, going to retape them on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 11:41 pm

Yeah...I find this project to be very fun, and goals are something to work on. cool you guys are willing to give it a go. Baby steps are always foreward. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 12:04 am

mcpug wrote:
I am up for it....

It would be funny pooper to see your dogs and my dogs do a similar "routine" of tricks...... to music possibly LOL.

What tricks to your guys know?

Mine can target, sit, down, spin, shake paw........

Forgot to add my vid of Lucky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgDnffWZgy8

Daisy (my other pug) is having surgery on Tuesday as well, but would be up for teaching the puppy something.

Too music, that would be fun!!! Would have to be a short song though. Mine all know the basics of sit, stay, wait. Arriba I have only owned a few months and for a lot of that time she was away with her show handlers and when she was home I made the mistake of teaching her to sit...told the breeder of her accomplishment and got an earful about not training her to do anything other than a standing stay. So she is just starting with the fun training in the past few weeks now that I am "allowed". Julio knows shake a paw, roll over, wave (standing on his hind legs and laying on his back as does Cailleach), spin, chase his tail, fetch, drop it, leave it and on a good day if he's in the mood he makes a throat noise that sounds very much like he's saying "I don't know". Cailleach jumps on my back when I am on my hands and knees and stays up there til I buck her off...we call that "ride the pony" and she'll sit on my shoulder like a parrot. That's all I can think of but the list posted on the other site has some good challenges. I find it hard to train more than one at a time. My aged (12 year old) Border Collie does some more advanced/different things that I have videos of.

Would be fun to add all of the videos supplied from everyone and make one larger vid with all of them in it. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 1:16 pm

After our dogs get a bunch of tricks together, then it would be neat to put it to music. The past year I've been wanting to set aside time to teach my dog tricks, she mainly just knows obedience commands and things to competition obedience. She can do a side step a little, the dog trainer was saying shape it into a command. I want to try some canine freestyle moves with her, so this weekend looking into getting one of those clickers that is on a stick, teach in baby steps some moves to the song "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra. Trying to get her to do the can can. :lol:
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 1:27 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
Epic D =) wrote:

I think you can post those as training tricks. :lol: Seriously, have him ring a bell to let you know he has to go outside to go pee.

Oh he lets you know, hes very vocal over his needs its just his refusal to pee outside no matter how long you are out.
we went hiking for about 4 hours and he was drinking a lot yet not once did he pee until we walked in the door Mad
He's fine for pooping outside just not peeing think its because he has something against white socks and clean hallway floors Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 5:48 pm

Can I put videos of how well my dogs have trainned ME.. LMFAO

Cause really, you all do so many neat tricks... mine don't do all those tricks.. and with the full moon and spring. They drive me bananas..
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 6:34 pm

Mini wrote:
Can I put videos of how well my dogs have trainned ME.. LMFAO

:lol: Sure you can post that.

I posted this on the other side but will post here. Will also post more videos and pics now that I had a new digital camera.

My dog doing the touch command.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9T_PDrxbxo
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 12:32 am

BBE I love it, love it... Is that a kids piano or a dog toy? cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 4:44 pm

pooperscooper wrote:
BBE I love it, love it... Is that a kids piano or a dog toy? cheers cheers cheers

Thanks. It's a kids Tyco piano, her paws are too big now to be able to touch the small keys with coordination.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 10:52 am

Hi guys! Love this topic, I just got my puppy, he's 4 months old and doesn't know any tricks. Smile I don't know where to start with him to be honest but i'd love for him to stop chewing my clothes.. Very Happy So maybe I'll start there. Do you know of any good websites that could help?
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 11:12 am

Iulia,please tell us who you were on Kijiji so the members here feel more comfortable.

Everyone is welcome here,but we do like to know who we are talking to

Thanks
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 11:14 am

Start with this youtube channel......

https://www.youtube.com/user/kikopup

Lots of great ideas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 11:23 am

yorkiemom, I wasn't a very active user on kijiji, but my id was angelutza88@yahoo.ca and name Iulia Mihaila. I heard about this website from Fb. and loving it so far.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 11:25 am

thank you for responding and welcome aboard Kibbles,we have some very pet savvy people here that have gained a good deal of respect from all of us

You can learn lots and please come and join the chit chat we are very entertaining there also
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 12:23 pm

Iulia wrote:
Hi guys! Love this topic, I just got my puppy, he's 4 months old and doesn't know any tricks. Smile I don't know where to start with him to be honest but i'd love for him to stop chewing my clothes.. Very Happy So maybe I'll start there. Do you know of any good websites that could help?
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 12:32 pm

Hi Iulia,

I'm new here also.
I have six dogs'.
Two of them are still puppies.
They are both lab mixes.
I named them Robin and Jinx.
I just love to talk about my dogs' and have lot's of puppy tips if you want any.
What did you name your puppy? What breed?
Can you tell I love to talk about my pups? :lol:
They are a lot of work but so much fun.
I'd love to hear what you do to teach your puppy to come back when you say his name.
This is difficult for me but I'm working on it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Up For A Training Challenge   Anyone Up For A Training Challenge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone Up For A Training Challenge
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next