Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adding another dog **PICS

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Adding another dog **PICS Empty
PostSubject: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 10:39 am

So decided to another dog, planning on Mid to late April as the bring home date.
Turns out deciding when to get one was the easy part because I can't decide which breed I want Shocked

Hubby and kids want a med-large size breed so been looking at a few shep/collie mixed litters but so far haven't found one that has the look I want, if we go with that mix I'd want one that has more if the shep markings but the fur of a collie, for larger breeds I'll only do a mix if its shep and collie I like both breeds but not as purebreds.

Other larger breeds we're talking about are
Springer spainels
Irish setters
dalmatians (thanks to paws lol)
I like rott's but they are out as Kev is scared of them.

Before making the switch to small breeds I had always had large breeds growing up, mostly shep mixes, a rott/dob mix and a newfie and of course Princess who was a collie/dal mix.

then we have the smaller toy breeds I like,
Chi's, papillons, poms, eskies of course lol and now after meeting a litter of Min pins they are now on the list.
For chi's I'd only want a short haired chocolate male, Papi's I've love a mismask or a trihound marking one, pom's i'd want a cream or red.

Breeds I don't want are labs or lab mixed, poodle or poodle mixed, shih tzu's, pugs, any kind of hound or any giant breeds.

I'm not picky on breeders, but won't sign a contract for spaying.

Any ideas guys?

Last edited by .D. on Tue 16 Feb 2010, 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 12:12 pm

Springer Spaniels are nice. I'm also a sucker for Yorkies and Pomeranians. There are so many breeds I would love the opportunity to own one day, but am so drawn to Rotts as that's the breed I know fits in well with my lifestyle and a breed that I'm comfortable owning. Not sure if Kev is one of your children or hubby, but if you get a Rott as a puppy, you don't notice their size as they grow and people who are afraid of the breed, usually over come their fear when they own one as a puppy. You just have to keep up on daily training, as even the easier to own ones will try and challenge you from time to time. You don't appear at all to be someone who is a push over, so owning one would work out well in your family.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 1:01 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
Springer Spaniels are nice. I'm also a sucker for Yorkies and Pomeranians. There are so many breeds I would love the opportunity to own one day, but am so drawn to Rotts as that's the breed I know fits in well with my lifestyle and a breed that I'm comfortable owning. Not sure if Kev is one of your children or hubby, but if you get a Rott as a puppy, you don't notice their size as they grow and people who are afraid of the breed, usually over come their fear when they own one as a puppy. You just have to keep up on daily training, as even the easier to own ones will try and challenge you from time to time. You don't appear at all to be someone who is a push over, so owning one would work out well in your family.

Kev is my youngest, Its not that hes scared of rotts, just more nervous around them even the min pins that are black and tan he was nervous around having the rottie look and they were only 3 weeks old.

Sisters bf's mother has a brand new litter of spaniels and I love the mother dog so might go with one of them waiting on more pics to see if they have one I want with the markings I want, hubby isn't into spaniels though so arg its a pain in the ass deciding lol there are a few litters of shep mixes on kijiji i've been looking at that have the look I want but didn't want to add until april and they are all ready to go now Mad
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 2:04 pm

My oldest son is scared of dogs. When I brought my puppy home, he was nervous until he saw her. Even though he has a fear of dogs, he's ok with our Rottie and a my friends two Rotties.

If there is a puppy of the mix you want, I would go for it. You may not get the chance to get that mix in the summer. Though a Springer puppy sounds tempting too. Maybe you could get both. :lol:
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 2:24 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
My oldest son is scared of dogs. When I brought my puppy home, he was nervous until he saw her. Even though he has a fear of dogs, he's ok with our Rottie and a my friends two Rotties.

If there is a puppy of the mix you want, I would go for it. You may not get the chance to get that mix in the summer. Though a Springer puppy sounds tempting too. Maybe you could get both. :lol:

lol hubby isn't all too happy about another one let alone two... but now that you've put the thought in my head...,. :lol:

I really like this pup but its shep/husky
Adding another dog **PICS 9527m811

But also like these 2 for shep/collie mixes
Adding another dog **PICS 4639a711
Adding another dog **PICS 3919kd11

This is Mya the mom of the other pups
Adding another dog **PICS Mya10

These are the pups
Adding another dog **PICS 20604g10

For the springers I'd want one that looks like mya the black and white with the spotted nose
so just waiting to hear back to see if any of the pups have the markings I want

Tried to make the pics small for those on dial up 8)
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 2:52 pm

.D. wrote:
So decided to another dog, planning on Mid to late April as the bring home date.
Turns out deciding when to get one was the easy part because I can't decide which breed I want Shocked

Hubby and kids want a med-large size breed so been looking at a few shep/collie mixed litters but so far haven't found one that has the look I want, if we go with that mix I'd want one that has more if the shep markings but the fur of a collie, for larger breeds I'll only do a mix if its shep and collie I like both breeds but not as purebreds.

Springer spainels
Irish setters

Before making the switch to small breeds I had always had large breeds growing up, mostly shep mixes, a rott/dob mix and a newfie and of course Princess who was a collie/dal mix.

Chi's, papillons, poms, eskies of course lol and now after meeting a litter of Min pins they are now on the list.
For chi's I'd only want a short haired chocolate male, Papi's I've love a mismask or a trihound marking one, pom's i'd want a cream or red.

Breeds I don't want are labs or lab mixed, poodle or poodle mixed, shih tzu's, pugs, any kind of hound or any giant breeds.

Any ideas guys?

cool you are adding a new dog. I like Papillons, Poms, Eskies but the Minpins I have looked after are really a handful. I was considering seriously considering a Minpin but after having a few of them around I checked them off my list. Shelties are great little dogs we have had two and they were great with kids and other dogs but are pretty active and need a lot of exercise. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 3:35 pm

In that first pic, I like that little guy on the far left of the #1 you chose. He kind of reminds me of a Husky with his markings.

Maya is too cute. She looks like the female version of Dr. Strange's Bubba.

You definitely have to get two (one Springer Spaniel and one GSD / Collie mix).
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 3:59 pm

pooperscooper wrote:
.D. wrote:

Springer spainels
Irish setters

Any ideas guys?

cool you are adding a new dog. I like Papillons, Poms, Eskies but the Minpins I have looked after are really a handful. I was considering seriously considering a Minpin but after having a few of them around I checked them off my list. Shelties are great little dogs we have had two and they were great with kids and other dogs but are pretty active and need a lot of exercise. Smile Smile Smile

I would love to get a sheltie have looked for years but can never find any that come from parents that aren't oversized,
I like the hyperness of the min pins but hubby doesn't like them so he wants them off the list, Wouldnt mind another eskie but would want a toy one to match bells in size and toy eskies are hard to find most people breed the miniatures around here and not too keen on the idea of shipping a puppy
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 4:05 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
In that first pic, I like that little guy on the far left of the #1 you chose. He kind of reminds me of a Husky with his markings.

Maya is too cute. She looks like the female version of Dr. Strange's Bubba.

You definitely have to get two (one Springer Spaniel and one GSD / Collie mix).

I love Mya, I try and steal her everytime i've gone to their house :lol:
If we get a springer we'll most likely go with one of her pups that way I'll know the breeder and know the pup
will be well socialized with other dogs as they have mya, a lab and a bunch of recused grey hounds just haven't decided if a springer would be right with bells.
Need to decide soon before it drives me nuts... then again it could be the lack of smokes making me nuts :suspect: :lol:
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 7:11 pm

We've decided on the spaniel, now to decided on which one we're going to get one
Going out on Friday to pick which one we'll be taking cheers

Adding another dog **PICS 20604g11
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 9:15 pm

This is the guy were leaning towards getting cheers

Adding another dog **PICS Secure10

Adding another dog **PICS Secure11
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 12:29 am

He's pretty D,but really should get a yorkie LOL
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 12:33 am

Well seems you made up your mind, very sweet puppies...I was going to show you some Paps my friend breeds. Well since I looked up her website I will anyways. http://angelwingpapillons.webs.com/

She has nice dogs and has offered me numerous times to own one of her dogs but as much as I think they are beautiful I am sticking with my Havanese. Smile Smile cheers
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 12:51 am

yorkiemom wrote:
He's pretty D,but really should get a yorkie LOL

lol last time I thought about getting a yorkie you yelled at me and it scared me, I still wake up at night crying when I remember Crying or Very sad :lol:
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 12:58 am

pooperscooper wrote:
Well seems you made up your mind, very sweet puppies...I was going to show you some Paps my friend breeds. Well since I looked up her website I will anyways. http://angelwingpapillons.webs.com/

She has nice dogs and has offered me numerous times to own one of her dogs but as much as I think they are beautiful I am sticking with my Havanese. Smile Smile cheers

Well there is a 3 dog limit in town and this guy will make only 2 :lol:

A papi will have to wait until im back in the country maybe once the kids are grown, they want a big dog and are tired of my "tiny yappy things" in their words lol But 2 is my limit while in town.

But if I find a papi that looks like this, I'll buy it and I'll just rehome the kids if they bitch :lol:
Adding another dog **PICS Merlin10 Adding another dog **PICS Merlin11
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 1:09 am

Oh that is a nice one!!! Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 12:43 pm

.D. wrote:
We've decided on the spaniel, now to decided on which one we're going to get one

:lol: No offense, in the pic with the exception of a few of them, they all have almost the same markings. It's hard to decide at that age. :lol: Will you be getting a male or female?
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 12:45 pm

pooperscooper wrote:

I'm going to have to bookmark this link when I get home. Have always been interested in a Pap in the future, it was just hard finding a good breeder.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 1:57 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
.D. wrote:

:lol: No offense, in the pic with the exception of a few of them, they all have almost the same markings. It's hard to decide at that age. :lol: Will you be getting a male or female?

Getting a male, which should be fun as I've only ever had female dogs, guess the markings change a fair bit in the first few weeks and the spots don't show up until around 12 weeks

there was one with a diamond mark on his head we thought about getting but decided on one that has the full white nose these next 7 1/2 weeks are going to DRAGGGG by No

Adding another dog **PICS 12210

Adding another dog **PICS 11111
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 7:11 pm

"But if I find a papi that looks like this, I'll buy it and I'll just rehome the kids if they bitch "

Very Happy Very Happy

I liked that also... Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 12:58 am

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
pooperscooper wrote:

I'm going to have to bookmark this link when I get home. Have always been interested in a Pap in the future, it was just hard finding a good breeder.

cool, she has very nice dogs. cheers
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 12:57 pm

One week old.

Adding another dog **PICS 110

Adding another dog **PICS 310
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 2:10 pm

.D. wrote:

Getting a male, which should be fun as I've only ever had female dogs, guess the markings change a fair bit in the first few weeks and the spots don't show up until around 12 weeks

He's a cutie. My current dog is the first female dog I've ever owned. I think my next dog will be a male. With a male it will probably be easier on Belle's if she's used to being the boss when it comes to dogs in the household. She won't have any female dog challenging her.

ETA: You do realize that once you get this puppy, we will be expecting weekly updates along with pics on him. Have you chosen a name for him?
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 3:19 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
.D. wrote:

He's a cutie. My current dog is the first female dog I've ever owned. I think my next dog will be a male. With a male it will probably be easier on Belle's if she's used to being the boss when it comes to dogs in the household. She won't have any female dog challenging her.

ETA: You do realize that once you get this puppy, we will be expecting weekly updates along with pics on him. Have you chosen a name for him?

lol after a few months i'll end up banned from here for annoying everyone with new pics, I've raised 2 litters of pups but this guy will be the first time picking a pup from birth to add to the family, I've always tended to go more for adult dogs to skip the house breaking hassle but know bells wouldn't let another adult dog come into the home without trying to kill it Shocked
Thankfully the kitten has already put her in her place a few times so shes learning she has to adjust to not being an only pet :lol:

No name yet but I started a name topic if you have any good ones, I like "Moose" but they kids say no Mad :lol:
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 8:37 am

rotncorso wrote:
"But if I find a papi that looks like this, I'll buy it and I'll just rehome the kids if they bitch "

Very Happy Very Happy

I liked that also... Smile Smile Smile

Well that is strange, I never wrote "I liked that also" How did that get there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adding another dog **PICS   Adding another dog **PICS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adding another dog **PICS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next