Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning: somewhat graphics heavy)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Empty
PostSubject: Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning: somewhat graphics heavy)   Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 1:56 pm

Bird Show Pics (some didn't turn out that great but posted some of them anyways)
Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Birdshowpic4
Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Birdshowpic11
Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Birdshowpic10
Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Birdshowpic9
Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Birdshowpic8
Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Birdshowpic7
Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Birdshowpic6
Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Birdshowpic5
Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Birdshowpic3
Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Birdshowpic2
Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Birdshowpic1

My aunt's new bird, she named Willow. The bottom of the cage is a little dirty becaues Willow had just arrived home from the bird show.
Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Willow

One of two turkey vultures I saw on the side of the road on my way back to work from my lunch break. Had to pull over and take pics. In that last pic, you can see it was eating some road kill it had found.
Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) TurkeyVulturepic3
Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) TurkeyVulturepic2
Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) TurkeyVulturepic1

Jeff, one of my son's land snails. He originally had 3 and then collected 27 towards the end of the summer. I made him put a good bulk load back where he found them. He now has 13 and they're alive and doing well.
Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) OneOfMySonsPetLandSnails
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning: somewhat graphics heavy)   Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 8:18 pm

Nice birds!
My sister rescued a parrot from some idiots that taught it to say "kill the baby, kill the baby" and various other swear words. It was so stressed out it has no feathers.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning: somewhat graphics heavy)   Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 10:33 pm

jamn53 wrote:
Nice birds!
My sister rescued a parrot from some idiots that taught it to say "kill the baby, kill the baby" and various other swear words. It was so stressed out it has no feathers.

That poor bird. My sister has a fear of birds. Something I will never understand. She's been that way since she was a kid. I would have a hard time adopting a bird (any breed) from a rescue or someone looking to rehome an adult bird, for me birds are a lot harder to socialize than a non-socialized dog.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning: somewhat graphics heavy)   Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 10:02 am

Great pics! That lovebird mutation is so pretty.

I have to say though, that the Vultures will win me over every time. Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning: somewhat graphics heavy)   Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 10:30 am

HoodieCrow wrote:
Great pics! That lovebird mutation is so pretty.

I have to say though, that the Vultures will win me over every time. Smile

That lovebird mutation is pretty. The breeder lives the next road over from me, so when I'm 100% ready to add a bird or birds to my home, that will be one that I would love to get.

The bird of the Indian Ring neck (the 7th pic) didn't turn out so good. That one was a female and the owner was saying she doesn't like men but is good with women. She wasn't so nice to him but was ok with me.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning: somewhat graphics heavy)   Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 11:22 am

IRNs are neat little birds. They come in quite a few pretty mutations.

Have you ever seen this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEUsq-Jfl9k&p=640AC4CA6F2F9301&playnext=1&index=68

It cracks me up.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning: somewhat graphics heavy)   Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 11:25 am

HoodieCrow wrote:
IRNs are neat little birds. They come in quite a few pretty mutations.

Have you ever seen this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEUsq-Jfl9k&p=640AC4CA6F2F9301&playnext=1&index=68

It cracks me up.

BWAHAHAH, that video was so cute. I've never heard a ring neck talk.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning: somewhat graphics heavy)   Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 12:04 am

Speaking of birds...the last budgie we had ate everything we fed it but the current will only eat millet. She's about 5 years old and meticulously tosses everything other than millet seeds to the bottom of the cage or the floor. We have tried pellets and tons of other mixed feeds but she just turfs them. I highly doubt this is normal. She's a biter and in 5 years she skitzos out after years of trying to tame her. I should have had a clue when I purchased her and she got away from the store employee when he removed her from the cage and she took at least a half hour to catch. :!:
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning: somewhat graphics heavy)   Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 11:20 am

Pooper when I went to the bird show and I was talking to one of the judges. He wasn't advocating getting a bird from a pet store, but said to me that if I ever do get one from a pet store, to put my hand inside the cage. If the bird willing comes up to you and sits on your hand then it will be easier to tame. When I'm ready to get a bird, I want a show bird that I can compete in bird shows with and maybe breed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning: somewhat graphics heavy)   Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning:  somewhat graphics heavy) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bird Show Pics and a few random pics (warning: somewhat graphics heavy)
Page 1 of 1