Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yorkies Thread

Go down 
+10
Mousey
Boston
Amomma
ivegotfleas1
BigBrownEyes29
Kewl Chick
kbullet
Jerseyfivedogs
yorkiemom
rottnmom
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

Yorkies Thread - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 6:23 pm

Yorkies Thread - Page 40 707221
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Mar 2012, 8:33 am

Yorkie remember I mentioned picking up a quilt at the thrift store......that was in 'my' colors? Here's a shot of it and the framed embroidered silk square from China.

I absolutely LOVE this quilt. It's at least a double. Would really like to make it into a wall hanging (a whole wall that is) but omg it's so heavy!

Yorkies Thread - Page 40 P3270034-1

Framed embroidery ..... not old, old but very pretty and just one of those things I gravitate to.

Yorkies Thread - Page 40 P3270033

Quilt - $6
Framed patch - $2

Have I mentioned I LOVE LOVE LOVE that store?? :lol:
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Mar 2012, 9:10 am

I love the colours in that quilt Rottn,it has all the colours I love in it except for red,although the burgandy colour is quite pretty
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Mar 2012, 6:25 pm

merch

Just practicing for December. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Mar 2012, 7:02 pm

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Mar 2012, 7:26 pm

ivegotfleas1 wrote:
merch

Just practicing for December. Smile
I hate December.

Mad
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Mar 2012, 7:26 pm

It's Spring.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Mar 2012, 7:42 pm

Jerseyfivedogs wrote:
It's Spring.

Are you still in Nova Scotia???

:lol:
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Mar 2012, 8:03 pm

LMAO, yes, I am but...snow right now is a bit better than December Santa freaking stuff.
Was blustery today.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Mar 2012, 8:22 pm

December is a great month, I was born in it!
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Mar 2012, 8:59 pm

My best friend and I were finally getting together today.....only get to see each other maybe once, twice a year. Friends for 50 years we're closer than sisters, been through a lot with and for each other. An hour after talking to her to make our plans she calls me from her cell while her husband is driving her back to her parents home where she has spent the last 6 years looking after first both of them, now just her dad since mom entered a nursing home with advanced Alzheimers.

Today, with all the snow they got up there, her 89 year old father went out and got the tractor out to plow ....... somehow ended up with it in the front yard where there really hadn't been much build up of snow. It rolled into the ditch, crushing him beneath it.......where his son found him shortly afterwards.

I've never heard such pain in my friend's voice, she has always been the strong one, the one to help others. As much as it hurt to hear that the father of my 'other family' had passed, what I heard in her voice tore me apart. She came back home to be with her daughter after the birth of her grandson, but I know she's blaming herself for not being with her dad to watch over him.

I so need to be by her side right now, but with two away at work all this week and a third gone this weekend there is no one to cover my shifts. Right now all I can do is message and call..........and send long distance hugs.

Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Mar 2012, 9:16 pm

Oh Rottn that is awful to hear,I am so sorry for her and you.

((((HUGS)))) to both of you
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Mar 2012, 9:56 pm

Thanks so much Yorkie. Feeling just so helpless to do anything for her......the one time she so needs it.

And what's going to be even harder on her, tomorrow she is going to see her mom and break the news.

Just three weeks ago she had to tell her that her uncle (mom's brother) passed away. Her mom took it terribly hard.....but with the Alzheimer's she quickly forgot. Over the course of just that one visit she had the 'break the news' three more times and each time she did, it was as if mom was hearing it for the first time.

I can't even imagine what she will go through tomorrow. Thank heaven her hubby will be going with her this time, both for support and to drive her back to the house after what will be a hellish visit. She is also going to call ahead to the nursing home to make sure there is an RN on hand to be with them in case things take a turn for the worse.

(((HUGS))) to my more than sister
Yorkies Thread - Page 40 IMG_1065-1
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Mar 2012, 10:05 pm

I often wonder Rottn,rather it is wise to tell the alzhiemers patient what has happened or not,

Like you said they forget it very soon and is there really a need to keep telling them?
I had a patient many years ago that suffered from alzheimers,she used to ask about her hubby all the time,I told her once that he had passed and it nearly broke her heart,after that I just reassured her that he would be there soonm,seemed to work better for her and for me.

We each have to handle it in our own way and what we feel is best for others. I know you will stay strong for your friend Rottn
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Mar 2012, 10:17 pm

I'm hoping too that she only tells her once. He has never been a 'devoted' husband, hasn't felt the need to visit her more than once a week even though it's about a 10 minute drive and had no intention of retiring to the same home if /when the time came........he was going to the DVA home 1/2 hr in the other direction. If it were myself I 'might' tell her the once, but after that would likely say he'd been in but you were sleeping or similar. Maybe after the response to her brother's passing it will help guide my friend how better to handle it this time.

However it goes, I pray it doesn't add to her pain right now. She is, of the seven siblings, the only one to take on the care of her parents. She has spent 6 (almost 7) years away from her home and family on a full time basis out of love and loyalty. It's just who she is.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Mar 2012, 10:20 pm

I am sorry she has this to do,but if she is a friend of yours I know she will do it in the best possible way.

It is extremely hard to not tell someone that you love that their spouse has passed,even more difficult I am sure when you know that she won't remember it in 10 minutes.

Your friend has a daunting task in front of her

-------

https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net/viewtopic.forum?t=2480
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yorkies Thread
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40