Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yorkies Thread

Go down 
+10
Mousey
*~Skittles~*
rottnmom
Kewl Chick
ivegotfleas1
kbullet
yorkiemom
Jerseyfivedogs
Unhingedmom
dogwood
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun 2011, 11:56 pm

I think we're having the summer dulling of the board. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
dogwood
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 12:32 am

UnhingedMom wrote:
dogwood wrote:
COOL Fleas!!

No more news today on my son. We just sit and wait now. Apparently because the kids were playing at lunch time they can charge him with assault. I am betting they plan to sue the school as well.

I'm betting their insurance coverage falls flat for sports played on their own time. I'm wondering if broken leg kid feels embarrassed over this as well?

How'd your day go with your other son?

I took my other boy(12) to ICHAN and they did a full assessment of him and he got his official diagnosis of Autism. This has been a long road. I knew he had this right from the start but when he was first tested at the age of three they tested people differently. He has an average IQ score and likes to be hugged and snuggled so they did not give him the diagnosis. At the time they thought he had Fragile X but through bloodwork he did not fit this. Back at square one we had no official diagnosis so through being pushy I got him into be evaluated at Sunny Hill Hospital at age six. They diagnosed a two year learning delay and Delayed coordinational disorder. He got a little funding at school for this but the help was never what I thought he needed. Went back to the Pediatrician about a year and a half ago determined to get help for him because socially he was really struggling. She definately saw what I saw in him and gave an unofficial diagnosis of Autism but we needed the official one. So finally we got in as there is a huge waiting list and they were so good with him and I was proud of him for working so hard. Now he will receive all the funding he needs for school and about 500.00 a month that we can use for tutors or programs for him. So to me this was good news.

Sorry to be so long winded Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 8:16 am

I'm glad that you finally got the answers and the help that you were looking for.
Smile
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 8:25 am

I am glad you got your diagnosis,you can get so much more for him now

There are many spectrums of Autisim,I know 2 of my grandchildren have been diagnosed one with aspergers and the other still unkown at this time
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 8:39 am

I'm sorry, but I'm calling serious bullshit on the large type.

Playground smoking ban backed

By QMI Agency

Last Updated: June 23, 2011 7:43am

SARNIA - Community health officials in Sarnia-Lambton say there's strong public support for banning smoking at playgrounds and sports fields.

Telephone surveys found 78% support locally for smoke-free playgrounds and 74% support for bans at sports fields, according to a report to Lambton County council.

A standing committee of council recently backed authorizing Lambton's Community Health Services Department to look into how some other Ontario communities restrict smoking in public outdoor spaces.

County council will consider the recommendation July 6.

Andrew Taylor, the county's general manager of public health services, said the focus will be on playgrounds and sports fields.

"Children do notice what adults do around them," said Dr. Chris Greensmith, Lambton's medical officer of health.

Limiting where children see people smoking makes them less likely to take up the habit that "causes significant illness and death in our community," Greensmith said.

"We call it 'denormalizing' -- trying to make smoking an exception, rather than an acceptable rule."

The report notes more than 40 Ontario municipalities currently have some type of outdoor smoking ban in place.

Along with providing a positive model for children, banning smoking in public outdoor spaces, like parks, protects people from second-hand smoke, according to the report.

"The level of exposure to toxic second-hand smoke within a few feet of one person smoking outdoors can be as high as being exposed to second-hand smoke in an enclosed space," it says.

As well looking at what other communities are doing, the proposed report would develop options for county council, and provide information on how any new restrictions would be enforced.

"What we need to do is bring back all the information and present it to council in a way that they can make an informed decision," Taylor said.

Sarnia Coun. Bev MacDougall asked that the report consider the impact banning smoking in parks would have on community events, like Jazz in the Village held each year in McGibbon Park in the city.

MacDougall said a smoking ban could "collapse" that community fundraiser.

Greensmith said that while there could be provisions in an outdoor smoking bylaw to exempt events where children aren't present, "our job is to protect the public's health and to argue in that favour.

"The community will have to decide what's feasible for it."

The Sarnia Observer
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 9:00 am

Ummmmm, maybe they should take a closer look at emissions from the thousands and thousands of vehicles that pass by and around sports fields first?? :roll:
Back to top Go down
dogwood
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 9:12 am

Agree...it is bull. Just people that have nothing better to do than nit pick. Those are the same type of people that kick the dog for farting.
Back to top Go down
dogwood
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 9:16 am

yorkiemom wrote:
I am glad you got your diagnosis,you can get so much more for him now

There are many spectrums of Autisim,I know 2 of my grandchildren have been diagnosed one with aspergers and the other still unkown at this time

Yes there are many levels of Autism. My son is high functioning...for example he can memorize science facts but he can not tie his shoes. Very interesting how the brain works.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 10:11 am

Sorry to take that off topic, that crap just irks me to no end. Smile
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 10:16 am

One of my grandchildren is higher functioning in one sense,but he can be very repetitive and if he hears a new word,he likes big words he will use it repeatedly,

sometime back he had his mom call me,dead of winter,mom and dad were not smart he said

he wanted the water to come through the frozen hose so he could melt the snow and he just knew grandma could tell him what to do

Lets just say I had him bring the hose into the basement and let it thaw,I am still LMAO,what a mess,I think mom is still not speaking to me LOL,however the hose thawed out and he drug it upstairs and melted some snow.

He will tell you today that I am soooooooooooooooo smart,he is now 7 by the way
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 10:36 am

dogwood you must be so relieved to finally get an answer and be able to look forward to the help that is offered. I think the not knowing would be the hardest part. Once you have a starting point (however late it comes) you can at least plot a path to follow.

A long time coworker of mine has a son who is in his mid twenties now. I know nothing really about autism, but his case was severe. At about 12 years of age they found a place for him in a wonderful school in NS where he lived throughout the school year and spent his summers at home. He accomplished so much in his time there, much more than his parents had ever dared hope for. It enabled them to function as a family when he was home, he was able to express his personality and love for them and they were able to enjoy so many more things together.

Then our wonderful government decided that funding just couldn't cover the running of that school anymore and with very little notice it was closed. Parents and students were devastated and left with trying to locate another learning center for many young people who still needed the help and guidance. It took close to two years, but the outcry and the needs of more families as their children were diagnosed finally led to another school opening right in Halifax and directly across from the children's hospital with access to more doctor's and professionals. Now instead of a 1 1/2 hr (for some close to 4 hr) drive to the 'old' school many families can spend more time on a daily basis with their children as they learn how to cope and thrive.

I'm glad you and your son now have access to much needed assistance and can now look forward to a lifetime of new experiences . Thank you for sharing something so heartwarming.
Back to top Go down
dogwood
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 11:18 am

Thanks for your support and encouragement. I feel very lonely in all this. Hubbys family would rather gloss over any issues like this and then pick me apart for being late for things. My family is so competitive and brag about all their kids greatness and I am just happy if my boy made it through the day without hiding in the locker. I find myself staying away from everyone and often shut everyone out. I know I have to stay strong and positive for my kids so I think that is why I can not seem to handle any other family relationships...sounds selfish but it is what it is. Thanks for letting me vent.
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 11:32 am

Hey Dogwood, check your pm's (that always sounds just a bit "wrong").
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 11:46 am

It is very hard for some to accept what they percieve as unacceptable,and I feel really bad for those people

I know the lonely feeling,as you all know I adopted the 2 downs syndrome children and I was estatic when they learned to feed themselves,while,others were already skating.

I isolated myself and them for sometime,then thought "fuck" the world,our special needs kids are just that "SPECIAL" and I hope during the process I educated some people

Every achievement for these children is a huge milestone for the parents
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 4:11 pm

I have a new found respect for Lady Gaga. Smile

Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 5:13 pm

ivegotfleas1 wrote:
I'm sorry, but I'm calling serious bullshit on the large type.

Playground smoking ban backed

By QMI Agency

Last Updated: June 23, 2011 7:43am

SARNIA - Community health officials in Sarnia-Lambton say there's strong public support for banning smoking at playgrounds and sports fields.

Telephone surveys found 78% support locally for smoke-free playgrounds and 74% support for bans at sports fields, according to a report to Lambton County council.

A standing committee of council recently backed authorizing Lambton's Community Health Services Department to look into how some other Ontario communities restrict smoking in public outdoor spaces.

County council will consider the recommendation July 6.

Andrew Taylor, the county's general manager of public health services, said the focus will be on playgrounds and sports fields.

"Children do notice what adults do around them," said Dr. Chris Greensmith, Lambton's medical officer of health.

Limiting where children see people smoking makes them less likely to take up the habit that "causes significant illness and death in our community," Greensmith said.

"We call it 'denormalizing' -- trying to make smoking an exception, rather than an acceptable rule."

The report notes more than 40 Ontario municipalities currently have some type of outdoor smoking ban in place.

Along with providing a positive model for children, banning smoking in public outdoor spaces, like parks, protects people from second-hand smoke, according to the report.

"The level of exposure to toxic second-hand smoke within a few feet of one person smoking outdoors can be as high as being exposed to second-hand smoke in an enclosed space," it says.

As well looking at what other communities are doing, the proposed report would develop options for county council, and provide information on how any new restrictions would be enforced.

"What we need to do is bring back all the information and present it to council in a way that they can make an informed decision," Taylor said.

Sarnia Coun. Bev MacDougall asked that the report consider the impact banning smoking in parks would have on community events, like Jazz in the Village held each year in McGibbon Park in the city.

MacDougall said a smoking ban could "collapse" that community fundraiser.

Greensmith said that while there could be provisions in an outdoor smoking bylaw to exempt events where children aren't present, "our job is to protect the public's health and to argue in that favour.

"The community will have to decide what's feasible for it."

The Sarnia Observer

Sorry, had to bump this to add this comment from someone on the story.

I would have more respect for smoker if they discard they cigarette properly. I do not sit at picnic table in park to often, because they normally surround cigarette butt. People downtown, will just toss them on the sidewalk (including business people) and often I notice then is a properly contain near by. If you go down to the river after a heavy rain, like last night, there will be 1000s of butts in slight flouting on the water, because people toss they butts on the sidewalk or the around.

Too many Smokers do not respect public areas, so why should I respect them?

Jason Jordan, June 23rd 2011, 1:44pm
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 6:22 pm

Oh my,he needs to go over to pluba and converse with Deb LOL

I would hardly respond to that at all.Perhaps he is smoking something a bit stronger than what I smoke?
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 9:18 pm

At least he has respect for the English language!
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2011, 7:59 am

Good Morning.
The black flies tried to eat me alive this morning when I took the dogs out.
Nasty bugs.

Two of my neighbors are fighting with each other and they are trying to suck me into the middle of it.
Shocked

I can see both sides but one more than the other.
I am trying to stay out of it but the one lady has been at my house the last two mornings.
I don't like this stuff.

From past experience when two woman are fighting and I try and help, they both end up the best of friends and they hate me.
I'm not going there again.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2011, 8:35 am

Good Morning Everyone

come with me Jersey,I am off shopping today for really exciting stuff,like weiners,chips, paper tower,toilet paper ,napkins and straws

Now I know you can hardly contain your excitement,cause this kind of shopping is sooooooooo much fun
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2011, 8:40 am

I actually like shopping for stuff like that.
I like to go to LW and get pretty napkins. Embarassed
I got pink ones with poodles on them last time.
Just paper ones but I like stuff like that.

I tried cloth napkins before but I found that even after you wash them there was fuzzy dog fur "weaved" into them.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2011, 8:42 am

Yorkie, are you going to pick up those neat curly straws? The cool, swirly kind in all those pretty colors!!!! I'll come with you.......you head for groceries, Jersey and I'll hit the dollar store and your picnic will be talked about for years to come. :lol:
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2011, 8:44 am

I hate it Jersey,and especially when we drive an hour and a half to Sam's club to shop,I need napkins to go in a restaurant style napkin holder

I hate cloth napkins,seems like they are constantly in the wash,I do love place mats though and tablecloths
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2011, 8:48 am

I always plan to get a treat for myself.
Usually something for the house or the dogs.

It only takes 30 minutes to get to our shopping stores.

Woot, the dollar store!
Let's go Rott.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2011, 8:50 am

I so need to hit Bulk Barn and Dollar Store. I soooooo need to get out of the woods. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yorkies Thread
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next