Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What type of dog food do you feed

Go down 
+3
BigBrownEyes29
smurry
Mini
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

What type of dog food do you feed Empty
PostSubject: What type of dog food do you feed   What type of dog food do you feed Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009, 6:12 am

Right now I am feeding acana large puppy and large breed

hmm it is getting prett expensive. I go through a bag a week of the puppy food. I go through about 4 bags every 2 weeks of the regular adult dog food maybe more or maybe les

Okay, now what would you recommend.. that is cheaper.. and yet a good quality. I am always interested in saving some money..without jeopardizing health..
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: What type of dog food do you feed   What type of dog food do you feed Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009, 10:19 am

I feed Taste of the Wild. Someone gave me a small bag last summer, I liked the ingrediants so I started buying it.

Minni, do you have a Costco near you? I dont, but have heard Kirkland is a pretty good food and less expensive than others with almost the same ingredients.
Back to top Go down
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: What type of dog food do you feed   What type of dog food do you feed Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009, 10:32 am

I feed my dogs kirkland dog food from Costco. My male boxer has allergies to corn so this food is great it's cheap and corn free.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What type of dog food do you feed   What type of dog food do you feed Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 9:28 am

I feed Diamond Lamb and Rice .
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: What type of dog food do you feed   What type of dog food do you feed Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 1:09 pm

Kirklands is a pretty good food and with a big dog like Bosco who will require more food, it won't drain your pocket book. A 40 lbs bag costs $27. I had my dog on Kirklands brand dog food, during the switch she got an ear infection which I thought was due to the change in dog foods. Earlier this year I had changed her brand of dog food and she got an ear infection. That was the only thing common and figured it was the dog food, but wasn't. Took about 3 to 4 months for her to finish the bag of food, @ 2 cups per day. I use it as a rotation food when I give my dog a change from California Natural and Innova EVO (this last one is expensive though).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What type of dog food do you feed   What type of dog food do you feed Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2009, 12:33 am

I feed Kirkland Chicken,vegetables and rice 40lbs $21.99 and kirkland lamb,vegetables,and rice $22.99 I give it to my pups and adults really good food!
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: What type of dog food do you feed   What type of dog food do you feed Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2009, 12:41 am

Orijen, stinky fish variety. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What type of dog food do you feed   What type of dog food do you feed Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 1:39 pm

Kirklland mde one of my dogs horribly sick(and he was raised on it!). Never again will i feed it or recommend it!

We feed prey model first and Orijen second (we get 20% off on orijen, buy 6 bags get one free, buy 12 bags get three free)

edit to add: i was feeding a 50lb dog 8 cups of kirkland to keep his weight. even at that he was still loosing! when we switched to orijen, he slowly put it back on, and then started feeding prey model, which also helped him put some of it back on.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: What type of dog food do you feed   What type of dog food do you feed Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 12:27 pm

We feed our dogs the Taste of the Wild, Bison & Venison formula. We had a hard time getting it here due to border restrictions so for a while there we were feeding the Pacific Stream and oh my STINKIES (breath & toots) My boys are doing really well on TOTW and while it is expensive its worth it as my GSD was undernourished when we got him 4 months ago and he's like a new dog after eating some good food. I would recommend it although I know there are nay-sayers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What type of dog food do you feed   What type of dog food do you feed Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 8:17 pm

I feed all my dogs here at my rescue TLC dog food . it is great , not too exspensive , delivered free right to my door , all natural , the dogs love it . Ontario made .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What type of dog food do you feed   What type of dog food do you feed Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 8:52 pm

Mine have been on Orijen, Acana, Canidae, I recently went back to Kirkland and am not having any problems with it. I e-mailed the lady from The Dog Food Project and she had only one complaint about a preservative they were using, which I've seen in many dog foods.
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: What type of dog food do you feed   What type of dog food do you feed Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 9:04 pm

My pugs have been on every brand of food you can think of, they did really well on summit holistic and orijen the poop was nice and small.

But now with the big puppy she can't eat the orijen and she eats more then both of the pugs so we recently switched to kirklands, I bought a bag of the chicken and veg but may try the lamb next. There is more poop and more often then the orijen and summit holistic but the price is right and its great for the puppy. I may stay or I may try something else I have not decided 100%.

I was also thinking about adding some raw, maybe start with one meal a day raw and the other kibble but we will see how it goes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What type of dog food do you feed   What type of dog food do you feed Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 5:38 pm

I just changed to Ukanuba Small bites and small puppy . My dogs love it less poop .
Back to top Go down
Bernermom
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Bernermom

PostSubject: Re: What type of dog food do you feed   What type of dog food do you feed Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 10:25 pm

I feed Blue Buffalo lamb & rice and my dog finally has formed poop, whoohoo cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What type of dog food do you feed   What type of dog food do you feed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What type of dog food do you feed
Page 1 of 1