Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Free feed or schedule feed?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Free feed or schedule feed? Empty
PostSubject: Free feed or schedule feed?   Free feed or schedule feed? Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 10:46 am

Do you free feed your cat(s) or are they schedule fed? The reason why?
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Free feed or schedule feed?   Free feed or schedule feed? Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:08 am

My cats get fed at night and the food is left out for them until the next feeding. They only get the recommended daily amount in each of their bowls and often times there is part of one bowl left mostly full. Originally we fed them at night because Sage (our old dog) would get on the kitchen table and steal their food during the day so the only way to ensure they ate was to do it when the dogs were locked up. Now, its just when we feed Tank and the cats. I'd like to get their food back onto the floor where it belongs but I'm not sure how to ensure the dog doesn't go in and steal it all.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Free feed or schedule feed?   Free feed or schedule feed? Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:04 pm

Both of mine are schedule fed with portion control. Originally it was because Osiris was overweight, and while it has worked for him, Magpie is STILL a sausage with legs since her spay.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Free feed or schedule feed?   Free feed or schedule feed? Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:44 pm

My senior cat is free fed. At one point I had to schedule feed him because he was packing on the pounds. But as he is getting older and not keeping the weight on, I free feed him.

Miss Kitty is schedule fed. As soon as she's done eating, I pick up her food and bring it in the house so it doesn't attract other cats, skunks and what have you.

The three younger cats are schedule fed because they're a bunch of piggies. When they were kittens, I free fed them and it was getting costly.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Free feed or schedule feed?   Free feed or schedule feed? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 1:21 am

Every single one of them is free fed.... they want raw.. they go outside. But they are free fed.. If I don't check the feeders outside. They let me know they are empty. Have you ever tried to feed horses with 3 cats running in and out of your legs crying. LMAO
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free feed or schedule feed?   Free feed or schedule feed? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free feed or schedule feed?
Page 1 of 1