Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 ABORTION PROS AND CONS

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
yorkiemom
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 11982
Join date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 1:12 pm

That is really a moot point Boston as she knew from the beginning that all 8 were implanted,she also knew she was very fertile.I still would have said NO to aborting some
of them unless the others were at risk

_________________
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

Posts : 1250
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 1:14 pm

If I remember correctly, six were implanted and then two split creating eight. I could be wrong on that though.

_________________

We accept the love we think we deserve.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 11982
Join date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 1:15 pm

I don't think so boston,I think there were 8 from the beginning and you know I am NEVER wrong

_________________
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

Posts : 176
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 1:16 pm

feathers wrote:
Igloosukka wrote:
feathers wrote:

Calling a baby a fetus makes it easier for you to kill it doesn't it ? All of my children born or not would be more important to me and I am stressing me here okay . I pass no judgment on other people for what they believe because we all have to live with what we believe is right or wrong .

Your opening line is indeed a judgment.

I call it a fetus because that is what it is.

I've never had an abortion. I probably would not choose that route, no that is not true there are circumstances I would choose that route and still sleep well at night. I will however fight for a woman's right to make that choice without being castigated a monster for doing so. Abortions should be free, accessible and safe and offered to those that need/want them.

No I wasn't trying to be judgmental I truly was trying to understand where D is coming from how she comes to her conclusion about her feelings on abortion .

It was indeed judgmental. Re-read what you wrote.
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

Posts : 1250
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 1:17 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
I don't think so boston,I think there were 8 from the beginning and you know I am NEVER wrong

I'm going by what she said on Oprah. Embarassed

_________________

We accept the love we think we deserve.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Posts : 2273
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 39
Location : Woodstock, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 1:17 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
I don't think so boston,I think there were 8 from the beginning and you know I am NEVER wrong

Psst there was 6 .... And everyone knows I am always right!
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

Posts : 176
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 1:17 pm

Having spent several weeks in the neo natal unit. I would have cut 8 down to 2-3.

Multiples are always a risk to each other.
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

Posts : 1250
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 1:19 pm

Igloosukka wrote:
Having spent several weeks in the neo natal unit. I would have cut 8 down to 2-3.

Multiples are always a risk to each other.

As would I.

_________________

We accept the love we think we deserve.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 11982
Join date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 1:19 pm

Epic D and Boston I feel you have become disruptive on the forum along with argumentive
please cease and desist this action Thank You Giggle Giggle Giggle

_________________
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

Posts : 473
Join date : 2010-04-27
Age : 40
Location : Chained in Snitty's Closet

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 1:21 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
Epic D and Boston I feel you have become disruptive on the forum along with argumentive
please cease and desist this action Thank You Giggle Giggle Giggle

Careful Yorkie may pull out the "naughty whip"

I mean shame on you two tsk tsk tsk

:lol:
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

Posts : 176
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 1:28 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
Epic D and Boston I feel you have become disruptive on the forum along with argumentive
please cease and desist this action Thank You Giggle Giggle Giggle

Can I tell you to fuck off Yorkie? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! affraid :lol: :lol:
I save it for people I like.
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

Posts : 176
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 1:29 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
Epic D and Boston I feel you have become disruptive on the forum along with argumentive
please cease and desist this action Thank You Giggle Giggle Giggle

I guess you are saving the infamous antagonistic for me. Yeah? Course you got your ass kicked at the same time so they just forgot to forward you the antagonistic form letter.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Posts : 2273
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 39
Location : Woodstock, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 1:40 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
Epic D and Boston I feel you have become disruptive on the forum along with argumentive
please cease and desist this action Thank You Giggle Giggle Giggle


No Shocked
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Posts : 2273
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 39
Location : Woodstock, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 1:42 pm

Igloosukka wrote:
yorkiemom wrote:
Epic D and Boston I feel you have become disruptive on the forum along with argumentive
please cease and desist this action Thank You Giggle Giggle Giggle

Can I tell you to fuck off Yorkie? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! affraid :lol: :lol:
I save it for people I like.


*sigh You can't or else I'd have to hurt you.

I'm protective of my peeps Shocked
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

Posts : 176
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 2:16 pm

Epic D wrote:
Igloosukka wrote:
yorkiemom wrote:
Epic D and Boston I feel you have become disruptive on the forum along with argumentive
please cease and desist this action Thank You Giggle Giggle Giggle

Can I tell you to fuck off Yorkie? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! affraid :lol: :lol:
I save it for people I like.


*sigh You can't or else I'd have to hurt you.

I'm protective of my peeps Shocked


affraid Bwhahaha
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 2:40 pm

Iggy wrote...


"That line makes no sense to me. If abortion is murder it is murder. Unless circumstances change the meaning for you."

I've never once called a woman who aborts a murderer. Canadian Law allows a woman to legally kill her own baby.

But I could always turn the table on you, Iggy. You state that a fetus isn't a human being. So why would you care whether or not fetuses are being aborted based on gender? I mean, it is after all, just a lump of nothing flesh in a woman's stomach isn't it?

It's a complicated issue with many conflicting viewpoints fer sure.
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

Posts : 176
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 3:30 pm

Slak Supafasst wrote:
Iggy wrote...


"That line makes no sense to me. If abortion is murder it is murder. Unless circumstances change the meaning for you."

I've never once called a woman who aborts a murderer. Canadian Law allows a woman to legally kill her own baby.

But I could always turn the table on you, Iggy. You state that a fetus isn't a human being. So why would you care whether or not fetuses are being aborted based on gender? I mean, it is after all, just a lump of nothing flesh in a woman's stomach isn't it?

It's a complicated issue with many conflicting viewpoints fer sure.

You could try and turn the tables if your argument made sense Smile

And you may not have called them murders but you said they are worse than child abusers and had no right to comemnt on aprents abusing their children.

Male or female it is still a fetus. however if one is aborting based on gender one has to conclude if the gender were the preferred the pregnancy would be allowed to go to term.

I don't believe prospective parents should be able to abort based on whether or not the child will be blond haired or blued eyed either.

Gender and appearance to me are not valid reasons to end a pregnancy that a person would otherwise choose.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 3:41 pm

So what you are basically admitting now, for the first time, is that the fetus is actually a baby boy or baby girl, not just an inconvenient lump of flesh in a woman's stomach, and parents should not opt to abort based on gender. Am I wrong here?
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

Posts : 1116
Join date : 2009-10-24
Age : 107

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 3:59 pm

Slak Supafasst wrote:
So what you are basically admitting now, for the first time, is that the fetus is actually a baby boy or baby girl, not just an inconvenient lump of flesh in a woman's stomach, and parents should not opt to abort based on gender. Am I wrong here?

Babies are technically neither (or both) gender(s) until it can be determined at about 16-20 weeks.

Kind of like Schrodinger's cat.

Most abortions take place before the first trimester is completed.


Last edited by HoodieCrow on Tue 11 May 2010, 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

Posts : 1116
Join date : 2009-10-24
Age : 107

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 4:01 pm

Epic D wrote:
Boston wrote:
Your feelings on Octo-mom as a whole. She already had six children (one with autism). Should she have had more? She stated that the reason she had all the eggs implanted was because she didn't want the unused fertilized eggs to be thrown out? Is that the same as abortion? If you believe life begins at conception how to you differentiate?

She now has 14 children. Do you think those children are getting quality care? Would they have been better off if she had reduced numbers?


People are ignoring this Shocked

Are you surprised?
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

Posts : 176
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 4:16 pm

Slak Supafasst wrote:
So what you are basically admitting now, for the first time, is that the fetus is actually a baby boy or baby girl, not just an inconvenient lump of flesh in a woman's stomach, and parents should not opt to abort based on gender. Am I wrong here?

?????

Call it whatever makes you feel better, seriously.

If a woman chooses not to have a child, her prerogative to abort. What I am saying is, follow along.... is the mother should not be given information on gender or traits as a reason to abort. Just like once a child is delivered I don;t think a parent should put it up for adoption because it is male or female or it turns out to have red hair instead of black.
Back to top Go down
Igloosukka
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Igloosukka

Posts : 176
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 4:17 pm

HoodieCrow wrote:
Epic D wrote:
Boston wrote:
Your feelings on Octo-mom as a whole. She already had six children (one with autism). Should she have had more? She stated that the reason she had all the eggs implanted was because she didn't want the unused fertilized eggs to be thrown out? Is that the same as abortion? If you believe life begins at conception how to you differentiate?

She now has 14 children. Do you think those children are getting quality care? Would they have been better off if she had reduced numbers?


People are ignoring this Shocked

Are you surprised?

I didn't ignore it! sunny
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

Posts : 1116
Join date : 2009-10-24
Age : 107

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 4:18 pm

Igloosukka wrote:
HoodieCrow wrote:
Epic D wrote:
Boston wrote:
Your feelings on Octo-mom as a whole. She already had six children (one with autism). Should she have had more? She stated that the reason she had all the eggs implanted was because she didn't want the unused fertilized eggs to be thrown out? Is that the same as abortion? If you believe life begins at conception how to you differentiate?

She now has 14 children. Do you think those children are getting quality care? Would they have been better off if she had reduced numbers?


People are ignoring this Shocked

Are you surprised?

I didn't ignore it! sunny

I know. Smile

The people I assumed would ignore it, have. That's all.
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

Posts : 473
Join date : 2010-04-27
Age : 40
Location : Chained in Snitty's Closet

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 4:22 pm

HoodieCrow wrote:
Igloosukka wrote:
HoodieCrow wrote:
Epic D wrote:
Boston wrote:
Your feelings on Octo-mom as a whole. She already had six children (one with autism). Should she have had more? She stated that the reason she had all the eggs implanted was because she didn't want the unused fertilized eggs to be thrown out? Is that the same as abortion? If you believe life begins at conception how to you differentiate?

She now has 14 children. Do you think those children are getting quality care? Would they have been better off if she had reduced numbers?


People are ignoring this Shocked

Are you surprised?

I didn't ignore it! sunny

I know. Smile

The people I assumed would ignore it, have. That's all.

*Whew* wipes brow off

(had to double check if I ignored it or not, in which I didn't and if I did I would of blamed the cold medicine)

:lol:
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

Posts : 1250
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   Tue 11 May 2010, 4:24 pm

I was hoping some of the people against abortion would respond with their thoughts. Unfortunately, the only one that addressed it was Yorkie.

Thanks Yorkie. Very Happy

_________________

We accept the love we think we deserve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: ABORTION PROS AND CONS   

Back to top Go down
 
ABORTION PROS AND CONS
Back to top 
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Automatic backup Vs Manual Backup, pros and cons?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: