Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

computers pros and cons

Go down 
+3
ivegotfleas1
rottnmom
yorkiemom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
yorkiemom

computers pros and cons Empty
PostSubject: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 8:36 pm

going to buy a new computer(not by choice) anyhow I am looking at a gateway windows 7 touch screen or the same in a HP along with a wireless printer

any thoughts? I do not download movies,or I haven't,not saying I wouldn't,I don't play games on it,used mostly for research.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 9:11 pm

Can't help you there Yorkie. I play on a Mac and totally LOVE it. Always had an IBM with Windows XP until the daughter bought me this as a surprise. Took quite a while to get used to it but would never go 'back'. Also know I wouldn't have been able to afford it myself Pout
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 5:38 pm

I hope you like to clean your screen a lot. Very Happy I have an HP, and I like it!
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 6:32 pm

checked on an HP and a Gateway the gateway is over 100.00 cheaper for all the same equipment
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 1:30 am

Can't say I've ever used a Gateway, but 100 bux is 100 bux.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 1:55 am

Coincidently my daughter just took her Gateway in for service just today. Surprise for her that it was sold to her as a "new" laptop but when they scanned it she was informed it was a refurbrished LT. Be sure to ask prepurchase . She's pissed as she was misled. Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 10:06 am

I have to second getting the HP. A lot of co-workers have one and swear by them. I was going to get a Gateway one time, because I just wanted something affordable but everyone steered me away from them because of the amount of problems they have. I ended up with a Sony, only because it was on sale (otherwise wouldn't be able to afford one) and they wanted to bring in the newer models. I've had it for over 7 years now and haven't had any problems with it. My next computer will be a laptop and will be an HP.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 10:58 am

was hoping to wait until the sales started on them,but now my old one will not read a cd I was trying to get my music off and onto a cd,but not only no but hell no
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 12:06 pm

I would say HP! You will easily spend that $100 on repairs!! JMO
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2010, 11:32 pm

I think I have decided on a HP,with a wireless printer,now I have to order the damn thing because no one around here carries them
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 4:22 pm

No Best Buy around? I'd hate to have to wait for it.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 4:25 pm

No the closest stores like that are 3 hours away
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 9:01 pm

3 hours is less than 3 days. :o
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeFri 12 Nov 2010, 12:00 am

thats true,but damn about the time I make up my mind i find someting else]
I know I want a quad core,6-8 mg and 1tb in it,beyone that I am screwed cause I don't know any other computer language :lol:
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeFri 12 Nov 2010, 11:23 am

yorkiemom wrote:
No the closest stores like that are 3 hours away

Shocked I don't think I can live 3 hours away from a Best Buy.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeFri 12 Nov 2010, 1:07 pm

i may have to go to wichita this week end
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeFri 12 Nov 2010, 2:20 pm

If I had a choice of a 3 hour drive to buy a computer or order online and 3 wait 3 weeks for delivery, I would take the drive option. I tend to like to buy things in stores, rather than online. This way if there is something wrong with the product, it's a lot easier to exchange or get fixed if you can talk in person with someone.
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 6:12 am

Hi Yorkie. Remember that sometimes you get what you pay for.
That $100 bucks really is nothing when you are comparing good to exceptional! I'd get the HP.
Oh, and travel the 3 hours. Take a good friend and make a nice day trip out of it. computers pros and cons 998725
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 12:01 am

Don't know how I missed this post JJ,first good to see you again,and second
I decided on the Gateway it has all the features I really wanted on it,also purchased
a new moniter and a wireless printer.The computer should be ready by Monday I hope
I went with dual quad core,6gb of and 1TB of memory,it has the inside guts to push it and I can upgrade to 8gb later if I want to.

Fleas you had no idea I knew some of those words did you :lol:

Neither did I until I did some research and made sure I was getting what I wanted
Please tell me windows 7 is wonderful
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 1:10 pm

Those are some fine words miss key :lol: .

I like windows 7, so you may as well.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 2:40 pm

lord i hope so
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitimeSun 21 Nov 2010, 10:26 am

New computer all set up,wireless mouse,keyboard and printer,scanner and photocopier,so far I love it and Fleas you are right after using vista Windows 7 is wonderful.

Love everything about it so far
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: computers pros and cons   computers pros and cons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

computers pros and cons
Page 1 of 1