Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dachshund Question

Go down 
+4
Kewl Chick
kbullet
*~Skittles~*
Tookey
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

Dachshund Question Empty
PostSubject: Dachshund Question   Dachshund Question Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 9:13 am

Never have I've had one of these types of dogs. But my daughter took on the next door neighbors dog as they were getting rid of it (Long story). Now he's about 8 months old, and not trained (which is fine I can deal with that) My question is how the heck do I get the little bugger to quit HUMPING every dang thing in the house. I mean everything, teddy bears are no longer virgins, shoes no longer virgins heck I even had to buy a new hair brush as my other daughter left it on the couch and well it got "screwed". Any idea's would be appreciated. I've never EVER have had a dog in my care that has to screw everything on the floor.
Back to top Go down
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

Dachshund Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dachshund Question   Dachshund Question Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 9:28 am

Is he fixed?

My Chi will be going in REAL soon to get cut! (neutered)
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

Dachshund Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dachshund Question   Dachshund Question Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 9:30 am

No he's not fixed....but looks like he's going to be going in real soon he keeps this up. My poor pom-poo is male and is getting tired of being considered gay :lol:
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Dachshund Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dachshund Question   Dachshund Question Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 10:32 am

With a name like pom-poo its no wonder he is the bottom LOL
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

Dachshund Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dachshund Question   Dachshund Question Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 10:35 am

lmfao the poor pom-poo is getting so tired he's hiding under the couch from "sir hump-a-lot"
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

Dachshund Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dachshund Question   Dachshund Question Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 10:42 am

lmfao @ sir hump-a-lot
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

Dachshund Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dachshund Question   Dachshund Question Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 12:18 pm

I loath humping.... this is why I have female dogs lol

But I would try surrendering one of the stuffed animals to him for his pleasure, when you catch him humping something else, offer him the "token" stuffed animal and try and keep the other ones out of reach.

you should probably fix him as well before it becomes too much of a habit for him.

I do not envy you LOL
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

Dachshund Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dachshund Question   Dachshund Question Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 1:55 pm

Thats not a bad idea Mcpug, however it may be a bit difficult to explain to the kids that is "sir hump-a-lots" humping toy affraid
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

Dachshund Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dachshund Question   Dachshund Question Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 2:19 pm

LOL...McPug, My female Mini-Pin is a spayed female but yet she tries to hump my GSD's face, It's rather funny as she grabs him by the ears. :?:
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Dachshund Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dachshund Question   Dachshund Question Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 2:20 pm

LMFAO

okay, I really need to get going

But boy oh boy I feel your pain

Bosco who happens to be well over 200 lbs.. does this. ( he is getting snipped too)

BUt he will hump 5 gallon pails

Body pillows in his kennel..

Good thing he doesn't turn around to me because gosh darnit.. He would put me to the ground.

He stopped doing it.. so I am not sure if he is ready for his next surprise pounce or it was a phase.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Dachshund Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dachshund Question   Dachshund Question Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 2:27 pm

Neutering may help. I say may help because I have a spayed female who on the odd occasion will air hump.
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

Dachshund Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dachshund Question   Dachshund Question Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 2:30 pm

Well thank god mine don't hump......
I think the pugs are to geriatric to even "think that way" lol

But we had a puggle foster who would hump everything...... it was so annoying.
Drove me nuts and I now loath the puggle and all it stands for.

Try explaining to your toddlers what the dog is doing (or trying to do).
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Dachshund Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dachshund Question   Dachshund Question Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 5:55 pm

Mini should Bosco ever get you or your hubby down, please video tape it so the rest of us can laugh our asses off.... uh I mean feel your pain.
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

Dachshund Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dachshund Question   Dachshund Question Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 1:01 pm

Well you now can add my coffee cup to the list of "sir hump-a-lots" list of things to hump.

I put it down on the floor (no table around) for 3 seconds to tie my shoe. I turn around and WHAM he's humping it like a cheap whore on Saturday night
Back to top Go down
Bernermom
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Bernermom

Dachshund Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dachshund Question   Dachshund Question Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 8:34 pm

Quote :
Well you now can add my coffee cup to the list of "sir hump-a-lots" list of things to hump.

I put it down on the floor (no table around) for 3 seconds to tie my shoe. I turn around and WHAM he's humping it like a cheap whore on Saturday night

Giggle
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

Dachshund Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dachshund Question   Dachshund Question Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 12:23 am

Oh Sir Hump A Lot!! too funny!! Sorry, I feel your pain but it really is funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dachshund Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dachshund Question   Dachshund Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dachshund Question
Page 1 of 1