Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Catholc schools in edmonton.. wanting to go all year

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Catholc schools in edmonton.. wanting to go all year Empty
PostSubject: Catholc schools in edmonton.. wanting to go all year   Catholc schools in edmonton.. wanting to go all year Icon_minitimeWed 04 Nov 2009, 12:35 pm

So I was watching the news the other day. The catholic school board wants to run the schools for 12 months out of the year. Giving the kids more breaks throughout the year...

What are your thoughts on this?

I don't know how I really feel. I do know that my daughter is in grade 2 and the stuff that she comes home with from school.. is so advanced compared to when I go to school..
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Catholc schools in edmonton.. wanting to go all year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catholc schools in edmonton.. wanting to go all year   Catholc schools in edmonton.. wanting to go all year Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009, 2:08 pm

My kids are in public school, but this could happen in any school Catholic or Public. I think kids should have two months off for summer, and less time off during the school year when it comes to teacher's PA days. But keep the two weeks off for Christmas vacation and the week off for March Break, and have the other holidays off (ie. Thanksgiving and Easter). When kids are not given a break, it reduces their interest in school. What if the parents want to take a vacation and kids go with them. Now the kids have to make up two weeks worth of homework or take it on vacation with them to do it. Which defeats the purpose of taking a vacation. There are some children in my sons schools whose parents spend two months in another country visiting family.
Back to top Go down

Catholc schools in edmonton.. wanting to go all year
Page 1 of 1