Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!

Go down 
+5
Snitty
ivegotfleas1
Jerseyfivedogs
yorkiemom
Kewl Chick
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Empty
PostSubject: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeSat 13 Apr 2013, 5:04 pm

Yorkie has asked me to share her potential new family member in a few weeks.

Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Ao8guh

So very cute Yorkie...tell us more about him/her.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeSat 13 Apr 2013, 9:05 pm

Thank you Kewl for posting the pic for me

He is just 5 weeks old right now,I will take a good look at him and his parents next weekend.

He wont be ready to come home unti he is 8 weeks old,he is AKC registered,the breeder has been doing this for many years and at this point has the one female and male that she has bred. Mama dog has only been bred 1 time.

She retires her dogs at 5 and they remain with her,I have checked her out throughly as she has me so I am pleased with the way things are going right now
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeSat 13 Apr 2013, 10:08 pm

He really is adorable and I hope that all works out well next weekend. Keep us posted...I think I'm in love with the lil guy already!!
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeSat 13 Apr 2013, 10:31 pm

We shall see,I have looked for about 6 months,seen a few puppies that were just bad,we are definitely considering one of these babies,just not a hundred percent sure yet
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeSat 13 Apr 2013, 10:37 pm

And here is the second choice...

Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  11b4xs4
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeSat 13 Apr 2013, 10:45 pm

I smell puppy breath.
Oh yorkie...so cute.
Smile
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeSat 13 Apr 2013, 10:53 pm

We hope to do a meet and greet sometime this next week when we both have some free time

Names Please
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeSat 13 Apr 2013, 11:01 pm

Seth or Oliver
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2013, 9:58 am

Need to have him home for awhile before I chose the name but I really need some ideas

Right now I am really wondering if I have completely lost my mind to even be considering starting with a new puppy
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2013, 10:54 am

Fleas is a GREAT name!

My Mom is considering a puppy since she retires in June, lots of free time to spend with one. Good luck yourkey!
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2013, 11:07 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2013, 5:22 pm

Cute, get a couple of them cool
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2013, 9:19 pm

good lord No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2013, 7:15 am

I love rotti's
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2013, 9:07 am

me too,sadly after many hours of speaking with the breeder I have opted out of one of her puppies.
The more one talks the more one learns about other peoples breeding practice. I am especially cautious when buying a dog that already has a bad rep for the breed

I worried it all last night,got up this morning and felt this was probably not a puppy that I wanted to take on Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2013, 11:29 am

sometimes all the checking in the world does not answer the questions
a long talk with the breeder last night gave me a lot of cause for concern
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2013, 12:30 pm

Get a St. Bernard they are lazy and adorable cool
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2013, 2:07 pm

I think I will pass on a st bernard Snitty,but they are nice dogs
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2013, 7:30 pm

I'm sorry yorkie.
Keep looking for the baby that you really want.
They were cuties but there are always cuties just waiting for a mommy like you.
Smile
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2013, 7:52 pm

I am not sorry Jersey, I will find the right one when the time is right

Sometimes people should not be so talkative,because I am a good listener.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeTue 16 Apr 2013, 1:30 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
me too,sadly after many hours of speaking with the breeder I have opted out of one of her puppies.
The more one talks the more one learns about other peoples breeding practice. I am especially cautious when buying a dog that already has a bad rep for the breed

I worried it all last night,got up this morning and felt this was probably not a puppy that I wanted to take on Crying or Very sad

Even though I love them I wouldn't get another one. Mine had so many health issues as well as aggression towards other dogs. He was a big strong boy and it was all I could do to hold on to him when he saw another dog.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeTue 16 Apr 2013, 2:12 pm

I had no qualms about handling him,my problem was the way he was whelped and the lack of human interaction with him and his litter mates.
Proves to me that recomended breeders are not always responsible breeders
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeWed 17 Apr 2013, 11:17 pm

Those are cute Rottie pups. Sorry it didn't work out Yorkie but you did the right thing by going by your gut feeling if something did not feel right. I spoke a Rottie breeder 6 years ago before getting my current dog. Spoke to him long distance for an hour on the phone asking him a list of questions I had prepared, even browsing his website to research some of the testing scores posted. I had a gut feeling that something wasn't quite right even though he showed and competed his dogs at CKC and Sieger dog show events. I don't regret my decision, the right dog a few months later came along. The right breeder and puppy will come along.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeThu 18 Apr 2013, 9:05 am

I agree BBE,something didn't feel right after our first couple of conversations. Before I was supposed to go view puppies and parents we had a long casual chat,where she relaxed with me.

The question I asked was really quite innocent. How many pups in this litter.her answer 10. I said that was a pretty good litter,not really she said 5 died. Really? What happened? Cold that night she didnt want to stay outside with mom and they froze. I was done with her right then and there
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitimeThu 18 Apr 2013, 11:34 am

Oh shit Yorkie...keep on running. That is terrible, I don't agree with having bitches whelp outside especially in the colder months. Isn't it funny how sometimes one small thing a person can say changes everything. I'm sure she regretted the words as soon as they were out of her mouth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!    Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Potential new puppy for Yorkie and family!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next