Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This story is really sad ... poor dog

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

This story is really sad ... poor dog Empty
PostSubject: This story is really sad ... poor dog   This story is really sad ... poor dog Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 10:37 am

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/17/in-brazil-flooding-loyalty-to-the-dea/?hpt=T2

After Brazil flooding, loyalty to the dead

As the death toll from devastating flooding in Brazil continues to rise, a single picture drives home the sense of loss.

Leao, a medium-sized brown mutt, lies next to the grave of her owner, Cristina Maria Cesario Santana, who died in the catastrophic landslides caused by heavy rain. This AFP/Getty picture was taken on Saturday, the second consecutive day that the dog refused to leave the woman's grave at the cemetery in Teresopolis, near Rio de Janiero.

Brazilians are bracing for more rain, fearing more landslides after waves of muddy water swallowed towns in the country's worst flood disaster on record.

At least 655 deaths were reported in a mountainous region of Rio de Janeiro state, northeast of the city of Rio.

This story is really sad ... poor dog T1larg.graves.gi
Back to top Go down
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

PostSubject: Re: This story is really sad ... poor dog   This story is really sad ... poor dog Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 10:47 am

Aww... Crying or Very sad that so sad....
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: This story is really sad ... poor dog   This story is really sad ... poor dog Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 11:10 am

Sadder still is that those boxes in the back look like "homes", even a church in the background. No wonder the death toll is so high, those poor people.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: This story is really sad ... poor dog   This story is really sad ... poor dog Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 11:16 am

Certainly makes me want to hug my pooch tighter. The devastation around the world is getting scarier by the day.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: This story is really sad ... poor dog   This story is really sad ... poor dog Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 1:44 pm

UnhingedMom wrote:
Sadder still is that those boxes in the back look like "homes", even a church in the background. No wonder the death toll is so high, those poor people.

OMG, I thought they there were homes. I had to take a second closer look.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This story is really sad ... poor dog   This story is really sad ... poor dog Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 5:54 pm

I don't think they are homes, it looks like a cemetery. That is how the "graves" were in Bermuda, built up not down. I could be wrong though. Very sad.
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: This story is really sad ... poor dog   This story is really sad ... poor dog Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 6:42 pm

jamn53 wrote:
I don't think they are homes, it looks like a cemetery. That is how the "graves" were in Bermuda, built up not down. I could be wrong though. Very sad.

Ohhhhh, well THAT would explain the flowers on the "houses", wouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: This story is really sad ... poor dog   This story is really sad ... poor dog Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 8:00 pm

I just googled it, they are gaves, I don't know why they look like that though.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: This story is really sad ... poor dog   This story is really sad ... poor dog Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 12:30 am

kbullet wrote:
I just googled it, they are gaves, I don't know why they look like that though.

A yes, I had to take a third look. They are graves. I was told (not sure if this is true or not) but a friend of mine who used to vacation in New Orleans (prior to the hurricane disaster there) that the graves were built up because of the land being kind of swampy in some areas of the south. The caskets would eventually surface to the top, so they build them up. This may be why they do it in Brazil that way. Though Not sure why this lady's grave was done underground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This story is really sad ... poor dog   This story is really sad ... poor dog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This story is really sad ... poor dog
Page 1 of 1