Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother? Empty
PostSubject: Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother?   Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 11:04 am

Came across this ad on Kijiji. Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother, a few weeks old.

http://windsor.kijiji.ca/c-pets-birds-for-sale-Baby-Green-Cheeked-Conure-150-W0QQAdIdZ227380952

I have 2 baby green cheeked conure. They are only a few weeks old. $150 each non-negotiable.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother?   Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 12:23 pm

Holy shit !! My pearly was two months old before he came to me.....breeder wouldn't let any of her birds leave before that
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother?   Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 12:24 pm

They don't even have all their feathers in yet!! Hopefully they just plan to presell and keep them till they're ready to go.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother?   Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 1:06 pm

The person has another ad up selling other Green Cheek Conures. They're a little older but not tame as the ad states. Guessing breeder doesn't spend the time socializing them.

I don't think those babies are for pre-sale, no one will want to purchase a bird that is ready to go home now from a Kijiji ad. They may just state to the breeder will pay when the birds are ready.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother?   Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 1:36 pm

I thought they needed to be quite a bit older before they left Mom,but
granted I am not a bird expert
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother?   Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 2:46 pm

Yorkie, I'm not sure. I'm not a bird expert either. lol I thought I read someone's rant thread on Kijiji about birds being sold too young. The ones in the ad sure are cute.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother?   Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother? Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 5:14 am

Here's Quinn at five weeks and 11 weeks (first day home)........I'd say those birds are no more than 6 weeks old. They can't possibly be properly weaned yet. arrggghh!

Five weeks
Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother? IMG_4023

Eleven weeks
Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother? IMG_1997
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother?   Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baby Green Cheeked Conures - Aren't these little guys too young to leave their mother?
Page 1 of 1