Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New baby coming my way!!

Go down 
+3
Mini
kbullet
rottnmom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

New baby coming my way!! Empty
PostSubject: New baby coming my way!!   New baby coming my way!! Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 7:20 pm

Since I last posted pics of my birds I have lost two. Sadly before Christmas Pete passed away. He had never been healthy, ,coming to me with scaly mites, deformed claws and scissor beak. He and Olivia spent 6 years together at a privately run school until it closed (don't now how old they were when they were first 'donated'). They moved from there to the school director's barn and were going to be 'set free' Mad before I took them home. Shortly after Pete left us, Olivia followed......I really think she died from a broken heart. They were together at least 8 1/2 years and were constant companions.

Harley and Bridget took the loss of their cage buddies hard, but I was able to find a wonderful place for them. A small senior's home which had included a large aviary for the resident's birds.....so they wouldn't have to leave them behind. After a very short introduction H & B made themselves right at home. Not only are they enjoying the company of other birds again, the seniors delight in spending time with such a colorful crew knowing their own pets are enjoying such spacious surroundings while still being close at hand.

That left poor Syd, the lovie all alone. A co worker mentioned to me about a local couple who had taken in two lovies and would likely welcome more (not for breeding). After contacting them, we visited and they were more than happy to make room for Syd in their family. Unfortunately, but not unexpected......they can't all share the same cage (so much for the 'lovie' part).....but with cages side by side and alternating times out they get along just fine.

That brings me to the newest development. I have been hoping for a couple of years now to add a pearly or crimson conure to the family. At Christmas two of my 'kids' decided it was time Mom got her wish and gifted me with some new bird toys......and a bird fund!

The breeder I have been interested in this whole time has had a clutch of Pearlys hatch and ONE OF THEM IS MINE !!! cheers He/she will fly (via West Jet) from Ontario to NS the end of February.

So without further ado..........I'd like to introduce the future addition to the family........meet Zoe/Quinn. (I get to see weekly updated photos/videos.)

New baby coming my way!! IMG_4023

For those who aren't familiar with the Pearly Conure, this is what an adult looks like

New baby coming my way!! Pearly22

I'm worse than a kid waiting for Christmas right now. Embarassed :lol: And can hardly wait for the DNA test results.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: New baby coming my way!!   New baby coming my way!! Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 8:44 pm

What a gorgeous bird! You are very lucky.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New baby coming my way!!   New baby coming my way!! Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 8:49 pm

I know nothing of birds..
But I am happy for you.. YEAH

and I love the coloring.

I am looking forward to updates and learning more about birds.

So after the bird hatches.. DO the breeders hand feed them? I should just google. But I am doing my course right now and taking a break. Argg genetics....
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: New baby coming my way!!   New baby coming my way!! Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 8:25 am

Yes Mini, this breeder does hand feed. The babies are taken from the nest at about two weeks old (if ready) and are fed approximately every two hours from around 6 am to 10 pm, gradually reducing that as they wean themselves to more adult food.........keeps her awfully busy most days. She's been feeding my little one and it's mates for three weeks now and tells me he/she is now eating bananas, apples and soup with beans besides the formula.

The babies have different play/learning areas both in the aviary and her home and are rotated from place to place each day. They are handled very often, both by her and at play time by her children. When he/she is ready to head my way it will be well used to human contact, household activity and even their family dog.

I love the fact that she keeps us updated and posts new pics and videos each week. She is also available for 'post adoption' advice and support. Of all the breeders sites I have visited over the years, her attention to both the babies and the potential and new owners has impressed me the most.

Will keep you updated .................. four more weeks!!! :bounce:
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: New baby coming my way!!   New baby coming my way!! Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 10:52 am

Congrats on the beeb. Smile
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: New baby coming my way!!   New baby coming my way!! Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 8:56 am

Well, I should know by Friday 'who' is coming home. DNA tests were sent out the first of the week.

Here is the newest 'baby' pic. Mine is on the far left. (Yeah, they do all look the same ;) )

New baby coming my way!! IMG_4063_op_640x480

And a short vid, which will eventually disappear........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw3sWUIUbrw

I'm thinking I'm getting the feisty one of the bunch! :roll: :lol:
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: New baby coming my way!!   New baby coming my way!! Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 11:17 pm

It's a BOY !!! cheers

His name is Quinn Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: New baby coming my way!!   New baby coming my way!! Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 11:28 pm

Great looking bird Rottn.

Congrats on Quinn.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: New baby coming my way!!   New baby coming my way!! Icon_minitimeSat 06 Feb 2010, 1:21 am

Congrats, what a pretty bird. I love Conures, if I didn't have cats, I would get myself a Sun Conure.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: New baby coming my way!!   New baby coming my way!! Icon_minitimeSat 06 Feb 2010, 2:04 am

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
Congrats, what a pretty bird. I love Conures, if I didn't have cats, I would get myself a Sun Conure.

....and some earplugs?

:lol:
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: New baby coming my way!!   New baby coming my way!! Icon_minitimeSat 06 Feb 2010, 6:21 pm

HoodieCrow wrote:
BigBrownEyes29 wrote:

....and some earplugs?

My thoughts exactly Hoodie ;) I stayed away from the Aratingas just for that reason. Hubby mentioned maybe I'd want to look at getting another in a year or so..........we'll see if he feels the same way in a few months. :lol:
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: New baby coming my way!!   New baby coming my way!! Icon_minitimeSat 06 Feb 2010, 6:43 pm

rottnmom wrote:
HoodieCrow wrote:
BigBrownEyes29 wrote:

....and some earplugs?

My thoughts exactly Hoodie ;) I stayed away from the Aratingas just for that reason. Hubby mentioned maybe I'd want to look at getting another in a year or so..........we'll see if he feels the same way in a few months. :lol:

They are gorgeous, but their particular brand of noise is a little off-putting. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New baby coming my way!!   New baby coming my way!! Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 7:57 am

Awwwww Nothing like a baby ! I never had A Pearly but I use to have several of the green check mutations ( Pineapple,cinnamon, yellow sided , turquoise,)

You are going to have so much fun , one of the things I all ways loved about the conjures is they have the big bird personality packed in a small bird body .
Like watching fish swim I can sit and watch a bird play for hours. Congrats !
Please keep us updated on his progress .
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Settling in
Settling in
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: New baby coming my way!!   New baby coming my way!! Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 9:18 pm

Congrats Rmom cheers
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New baby coming my way!!   New baby coming my way!! Icon_minitimeFri 19 Mar 2010, 11:08 pm

So is your new member home?

Pics please
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: New baby coming my way!!   New baby coming my way!! Icon_minitimeSun 21 Mar 2010, 1:54 pm

HoodieCrow wrote:
rottnmom wrote:
HoodieCrow wrote:
BigBrownEyes29 wrote:

....and some earplugs?

They are gorgeous, but their particular brand of noise is a little off-putting. Razz

:lol: I'm used to the noise. I used to work in an office that had a macaw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New baby coming my way!!   New baby coming my way!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New baby coming my way!!
Page 1 of 1