Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question For those with young children

Go down 
+2
Mini
smurry
6 posters
AuthorMessage
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

Question For those with young children Empty
PostSubject: Question For those with young children   Question For those with young children Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 8:14 pm

How long is Kindergarten where you live? I'm a little shocked it is such a short class, here they go from 9am-11:30am everyday. Just wondered if this is the "norm" or if it's a shorter day then most schools??
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Question For those with young children   Question For those with young children Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 9:07 pm

Full days here

Mon, wed and every 2nd friday

Or tues and thursday every 2nd friday

Main reason is alot of kids are bused in from far away places in our district
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Question For those with young children   Question For those with young children Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 9:27 pm

sounds about right smurry either 5 half days or 3 full days is the way they usually do it
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Question For those with young children   Question For those with young children Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 9:34 pm

full days are starting soon here, I think 600 schools left to go by 2015, and JK will be full time everyday.

Just in time for my twins .............. the teachers have no idea what they are in for lol
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Question For those with young children   Question For those with young children Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 9:38 pm

When my oldest son started JK, I lived in the county. He went a full day, 3 days a week one week, 2 days the next week. Fridays were alternated. Like Mini mentioned, it was this way because the kids had to be bussed in.

When my youngest son started JK, he went every day for a half day in the morning. But when he started we lived in the city, and only a small amount of kids were bussed in. Majority were driven in by their parents or walked to school.
Back to top Go down
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Question For those with young children   Question For those with young children Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 10:24 pm

The place we just moved from was full days every other day so like BBE 3 days one week, 2 days the next. I would prefer this over every day for only 2.5hrs but unforutently I don't have any choice. I think it's better and gets them prepared for going all day everyday the following year.

Not sure how parents working full time can work this into their schedule, luckily for me I work only part time so I can take him and pick him up but that must be hard on the parents having to either make arrangements or drop off and pick up in a matter of 2.5hrs. I just figured it would be 3+ hours, seems short to me.

Hopefully my son gets the most out of it anyway. I miss my old neighborhood it seemed like a better school all around then the one he will be attending this year.

First day tomorrow but only for 1 hour, staggered entry they call it. Friday it will be the full 2.5hrs.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Question For those with young children   Question For those with young children Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 6:35 pm

full days here but Fridays are half days (including grades 1 and 2)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question For those with young children   Question For those with young children Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question For those with young children
Page 1 of 1