Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cell phones pay per use advice

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SillyStorm
Settling in
Settling in

Cell phones pay per use advice Empty
PostSubject: Cell phones pay per use advice   Cell phones pay per use advice Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 10:59 am

Hubby and I do have a cell but I hardly ever use it only when necessary. Well while he was away up north I had to take him a 50.00 pre-paid card (Telus) because apparently they didn't have our automatic top up set up and he used the extra time (on top of the 45.00) plan we had on it being northbound. As it stands now in order to properly use the phone it's 45.00 monthly unlimited talk/text evenings and weekends but you've pretty much have to have an extra 15.00 on there for any out-going calls you might need to make. So we're spending approxiametly 60.00 monthly for this damn Telus account.

So than last night my girlfriend calls and apparently Public Mobile has this 40.00 a month plan unlimited calls and texts 24/7 includes call waiting,forwarding,3-way and is just like a 'home phone' for about 45.00 with tax and she was able to keep her same cell phone number so I'm thinking we are due to top this one up by the 26th and after checking thier website and stuff I'm thinking ya let's switch it there.

Does anyone know of any 'cheaper' methods of pay as you go plans comparable to what we're considering if so please feel free to speak up as we could use the input prior to switching to anywhere.

Oh and we're in Toronto,Ontario thanks!
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Cell phones pay per use advice   Cell phones pay per use advice Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 11:15 am

I have a pay as you go samsung from bell I pay 20 bucks a month for unlimited texting, web and msn.. I hardly ever use my cell for calls so never bothered adding on a talk plan.
Back to top Go down
SillyStorm
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Cell phones pay per use advice   Cell phones pay per use advice Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 11:51 am

Oh and with this Public Mobile I can also add 'unlimited long distance' for 5.00 extra now normally we don't make a lot of long distance calls but there are a few instances like for example when I go to London at the end of this month. I can take the cell and we can call each other easily because I won't necessarily be by a house phone LOL.

I guess all in all I was just wondering if anyone knows of any cheaper pay as you go plans before I go ahead with this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cell phones pay per use advice   Cell phones pay per use advice Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 11:57 am

I have a very old cell phone 9 years old. I'm with Bell Mobility. I pay $28. every two months. If you don't top up you lose whatever is left on it. I never have it on and pretty much keep it on me for emergencies. I never text. It works for me but get laughed at every time I bring the "antique" out of my purse to use it. Nevermind the reception on mine is excellent as it actually has an antenna ( I told you it was old :lol: )
Back to top Go down
SillyStorm
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Cell phones pay per use advice   Cell phones pay per use advice Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 12:11 pm

See that's the difference he does use it mainly for calling/talking to friends and or texting ... I don't know how to text although I can from my email (LMAO) but times like this is my 3rd trip to London this summer/spring well the one time we only passed through on the way to Windsor but still I'll take the phone for the 3-4 days I'm down there. Come to think of it with no contracts and such maybe I can just put the un-limited long distance on for just the one month. :?:

I figure it's best to figure out what I want before approaching them and luckily it's just a couple blocks walking distance away so would be handy. Perhaps I'm just trying to talk myself into it LOL

Embarassed :lol:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cell phones pay per use advice   Cell phones pay per use advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cell phones pay per use advice
Page 1 of 1