Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found

Go down 
+5
yorkiemom
GypsyJazmine
pooperscooper
SillyStorm
mcpug
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found Empty
PostSubject: surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found   surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010, 5:30 pm

surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found Alg_chupacabra

link

A mythical beast has Texans in a panic this week, as reports that the Chupacabra - which literally means 'goat sucker' - is on the prowl again.

The legendary creature, sometimes called the "Bigfoot of Lation culture," has a vicious reputation. A cross between a dog and a wolf, the chupacabra is said to target livestock, killing animals and ripping them limb from limb.

Though chupacabra sightings have never been confirmed, the myth was alive and well this week when two "strange canine" animals were spotted and killed in Hood County.

A rancher in North Texas told San Antonio station WOAI that he found a dog-like beast when he investigated a growl coming from inside his barn. Looking inside, he said he saw "the ugliest creature he has ever seen."

"All I know is, it wasn't normal," said Animal Control Officer Frank Hackett, who was called to the scene.

"It was ugly, real ugly. I'm not going to tell no lie on that one."

Hackett shot and killed the creature, one of two found in the area in the past week.

DNA testing is being done on the animals to find out just what they're made of.

Past chupacabra sightings terrified South Floridians in 1996, and similar stories were reported in Texas in 2008, reports the Huffington Post.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/07/14/2010-07-14_chupacabra_mythical_goat_sucker_beast_surfaces_in_texas_2_caninelike_creatures_f.html#ixzz0tyfa2NKr

Last edited by mcpug on Sat 17 Jul 2010, 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found   surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010, 5:52 pm

Just looks like a wolf/coyote with a severe case of mange to me.

Last edited by jamn53 on Sat 17 Jul 2010, 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SillyStorm
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found   surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010, 6:32 pm

Is it ever fugly Shocked :lol:
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found   surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010, 9:32 pm

jamn53 wrote:
Just looks like a wolf/coyote with a severe case of mange to me.

I think tis a coyote with severe mange or like mentioned perhapps a wolf but not sure if there are many wolves in Texas.
Back to top Go down
GypsyJazmine
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
GypsyJazmine

PostSubject: Re: surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found   surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010, 10:35 pm

What do the D.N.A. tests say it is? Shocked
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found   surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010, 11:49 pm

I think we saw a pic somewhere like this before,but can't remember what it was. really looks like a coyote to me
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found   surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 1:00 am

My guess is a coyote with a severe case of mange. It is really fugly.
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found   surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 8:11 am

I thought they looked like standard Mexican hairless dogs.......

surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found 53526d1259215431-chupacabra-sighting-2-them-mexicoxoloitzcuintle01
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found   surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 10:34 am

GypsyJazmine wrote:
What do the D.N.A. tests say it is? Shocked

chihuahua Giggle
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found   surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 12:31 pm

mcpug wrote:
I thought they looked like standard Mexican hairless dogs.......

surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found 53526d1259215431-chupacabra-sighting-2-them-mexicoxoloitzcuintle01

I think you can be right
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found   surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 12:54 pm

McPug, that's possible.

Funny thing is this most likely not the first one they caught (found the body to), so wondering why they haven't gotten around since 1999 (when the first body of one was discovered) and ran a DNA test.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found   surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 2:18 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
McPug, that's possible.

Funny thing is this most likely not the first one they caught (found the body to), so wondering why they haven't gotten around since 1999 (when the first body of one was discovered) and ran a DNA test.

I think on the yahoo news it said the past dna showed one to be a dog and one to be a coyote mixed with wolf? :suspect:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found   surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

surfaces in Texas: 2 canine-like creatures found
Page 1 of 1