Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations   Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations Icon_minitimeMon 09 Nov 2009, 11:48 am

As I sit here and start to plug in lights.. lol to see if they work. My least favorite thing to do btw.

I was wondering what other peoples christmas traditions are.

I always like reading different things..
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations   Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations Icon_minitimeMon 09 Nov 2009, 2:26 pm

Well, Our Christmas goes like this.. For as long as I can remember the whole family gets together Christmas Eve and hang out exchange presents and eat.. Then on Christmas day my husband, kids and I just stay home and spend the day together. We wake up early in the morning and open presents then I start to cook the turkey and get things done for our own dinner of 4. While doing that I have to keep my hubby out of the kitchen cause he likes to pick at the food and eat whatever gets done early :lol:

I really love Christmas day cause it's just us 4 all day.. 🎅
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations   Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations Icon_minitimeMon 09 Nov 2009, 5:14 pm

Unfortunately I have no clue,seems for the past few years mine change rather I like it or not
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations   Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations Icon_minitimeMon 09 Nov 2009, 5:40 pm

we always watch the christmas story (you'll shoot your eyes out)
Back to top Go down
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations   Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations Icon_minitimeMon 09 Nov 2009, 5:44 pm

Infinite Wolf wrote:
we always watch the christmas story (you'll shoot your eyes out)

I have not seen that in along time..
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations   Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations Icon_minitimeMon 09 Nov 2009, 6:31 pm

Okay here are some of our things we do...

We always go christmas caroling.. yup.. out here in the boonies.. to some of our neighbors..

We always make 1-3 christmas hampers.

We always make 3 homemade ordaments on the tree every year..

Every year.. each child gets to buy a christmas ordament and when they leave the nest.. they get to take all of their homemade and bought decorations with them.. to start their own tree...

We litterally decorate every room in our house.. LMAO. as gawdly as we can make it
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations   Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 2:14 am

A tradition passed down from when I was a child..I read the night before Xmas every Xmas Eve before bed to my lil one..our mom used to read it to us....
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations   Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 11:02 am

The only thing that has never changed no matter the circumstances is that before the tree goes up the Nativity set goes up and we discuss the true meaning of Christmas.

It has gotten so commercial that children have a tendency to forget why we selebrate it. I hate it when people say "HAPPY HPLIDAYS" irritates the hell out of me
Back to top Go down
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations   Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 12:09 pm

I feel the same yorkie about the whole happy holiday thing..
Thant's why I love this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAckfn8yiAQ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations   Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas Traditions or other holiday celebrations
Page 1 of 1