Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Holiday plans?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 10:03 am

What is everyone up to for the holidays? I am thinking of spending it with a friend that lives in another province. Neither of us have family close by so we figured it would be nice to combine two families (her three kids and my two) and have one of those "big" Christmas' we seem to always hear about but miss out on.

If I don't go there it will be just sit at home dying to rip down the tree once the gifts are opened and put away.
Back to top Go down
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 10:31 am

Well, Sense Thanksgiving is next week for us We will be spending it at home just the four of us. For Christmas we will go to my Aunts for Christmas Eve and then Christmas day the four of us will stay home and I will cook dinner and the kids will stay in their pj's all day.. Very Happy

🎅 :rendeer:
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 10:35 am

MMGirl~~Skittles wrote:
stay in their pj's all day.. Very Happy

That alone sounds like a wonderful Christmas.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 10:36 am

I one of those ones that hates to see the decorations come down. Even with the tree down (as long as I can stretch it) I have to wean myself off the decorations. I find the house so 'cold' looking once they are all gone, so doing it all at once would put me into shock. :lol:

Only one of our three out West are getting home this year, so will just have the two girls with us. And baking......they love to get at the Christmas baking. They're not big sweet eaters, but just love the fun and warmth of all of us in the kitchen. Of course Christmas Eve HAS to be lasagna and we still do stockings, which they sneak up stairs for still .....though not as early as they used to. In some ways it is so different from when they were kids, but all in good ways...except missing the ones not with us.

I'll likely be working Christmas Eve day and Boxing Day so we'll just laze around, cook dinner when we feel like it and probably all have a good nap. ;)
Back to top Go down

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 10:39 am

I collect antique Santas. They go up December 1 along with the tree. The tree is on a table that I use...so it usually just gets annoying. I want it down so I can have a "living" room back. My santas and other decorations stay out till the end of January.

I love baking for the holidays. mmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 10:45 am

Haha, I spent years picking up Santa's....the 'old word' kind. Have had to stop putting most of them out as the 'kids' were always complaining they creeped them out !!

I have a two ft. high one in blue velvet pants with silver brocade jacket who always stood on the carpet by my kitchen door. Every time my younger son (and largest) would walk into the kitchen, his weight shifted the carpet enough that Santa would fall over and 'follow' him through the door........he soooo hated that Santa. So being the rotten mother that I am, his last Christmas home I had Santa parked at the top of our stairs to greet him........with a sign in his outstretched hand..........I'm Baa-aack!!! :lol:
Back to top Go down

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 11:02 am

rottnmom wrote:
Haha, I spent years picking up Santa's....the 'old word' kind. Have had to stop putting most of them out as the 'kids' were always complaining they creeped them out !!

I have a two ft. high one in blue velvet pants with silver brocade jacket who always stood on the carpet by my kitchen door. Every time my younger son (and largest) would walk into the kitchen, his weight shifted the carpet enough that Santa would fall over and 'follow' him through the door........he soooo hated that Santa. So being the rotten mother that I am, his last Christmas home I had Santa parked at the top of our stairs to greet him........with a sign in his outstretched hand..........I'm Baa-aack!!! :lol:

yep THOSE ones.

I have two that move (not antique). Mr. And Mrs Claus. I couldn't put them out for a while when my son was young. He cried.

I have so many I don't have room for them anymore. I should just leave them out all years so I don't have to go through the hassle of unpacking them. HA HA HA
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 11:33 am

Leighvitalone wrote:
I couldn't put them out for a while when my son was young. He cried.

When your son is over 6 ft tall and doesn't live home anymore and they STILL bother him, we can send him to live with mine!! :lol:
Back to top Go down

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 11:50 am

rottnmom wrote:
Leighvitalone wrote:
I couldn't put them out for a while when my son was young. He cried.

When your son is over 6 ft tall and doesn't live home anymore and they STILL bother him, we can send him to live with mine!! :lol:

HA HA HA

I'd keep those out ALL YEAR.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 11:53 am

Yeah, but can you just imagine the whining and dripping you have to put up with?? :roll:
Back to top Go down

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 12:01 pm

rottnmom wrote:
Yeah, but can you just imagine the whining and dripping you have to put up with?? :roll:

Yes BY HIM..but you would get the giggles and chuckles. :lol:
Back to top Go down

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 12:20 pm

8)

Last edited by Dinkers on Thu 19 Nov 2009, 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 3:34 pm

Leighvitalone wrote:
MMGirl~~Skittles wrote:

Very Happy it is .. We always buy them a pj set and let them open it Christmas eve night so they can wear them to bed and then they wake up EARLY in the morn and open the gifts in their new PJ's.. they love it.. cheers
Back to top Go down

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 3:57 pm

MMGirl~~Skittles wrote:
Leighvitalone wrote:
MMGirl~~Skittles wrote:

Very Happy it is .. We always buy them a pj set and let them open it Christmas eve night so they can wear them to bed and then they wake up EARLY in the morn and open the gifts in their new PJ's.. they love it.. cheers

Now I want new pj's for Christmas. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 5:43 pm

When Drew & I first got engaged neither of us wanted to give up the tradition of our family day dinners... so we alternate... One year its lunch with my family, dinner with his family, and the next year we switch. This year I get to have dinner with my family, and I'm excited, its been a few years.... and my mom rocks at turkey. I can't wait for the years that the mornings are spent at home with your own family, then travels in your new clothes to their grandparents.

All my life my family would do early morning in Windsor, get in our new dress clothes and pile in the car to be in London for dinner... and I loved it. I'm hoping this year I can make it up to London to visit my nana & papa... I miss them when I don't get to see them.
Back to top Go down
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 6:08 pm

Leighvitalone wrote:
MMGirl~~Skittles wrote:
Leighvitalone wrote:
MMGirl~~Skittles wrote:

Now I want new pj's for Christmas. Very Happy

Me to Very Happy 🎅
Back to top Go down

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 6:41 pm

8)

Last edited by Dinkers on Thu 19 Nov 2009, 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 7:39 pm

Dinkers wrote:
my mommy still buys me new pj's for christmas ... despite me telling her over and over again not to and regifting the night gown to her for her birthday Mad
I'll be 80 and still getting nightgowns suitable for a 8 year old.... hmm maybe when i'm 80 I might like them Shocked

Does your mom remember that she gave it to you for Christmas? Maybe now she just does it so she gets one she likes for her birthday. LOL
Back to top Go down

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 8:13 pm

⭐

Last edited by Dinkers on Thu 26 Nov 2009, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009, 6:46 am

Dinkers wrote:
kbullet wrote:
Dinkers wrote:
my mommy still buys me new pj's for christmas ... despite me telling her over and over again not to and regifting the night gown to her for her birthday Mad
I'll be 80 and still getting nightgowns suitable for a 8 year old.... hmm maybe when i'm 80 I might like them Shocked

Does your mom remember that she gave it to you for Christmas? Maybe now she just does it so she gets one she likes for her birthday. LOL

I would guess she remembers seeing she gets it in the same gift bag with the gift tag still on 8)

HA HA HA What I wouldn't do to rewrap some of my gifts from my mom. :lol:
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 12:43 am

Dinkers wrote:
kbullet wrote:
Dinkers wrote:

I would guess she remembers seeing she gets it in the same gift bag with the gift tag still on 8)

Ok, now thats funny.... you can bet she now buys pjs for herself to you. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Holiday plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans?   Holiday plans? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holiday plans?
Page 1 of 1