Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Post Your Bird Pictures Here

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Furface
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Furface

Post Your Bird Pictures Here Empty
PostSubject: Post Your Bird Pictures Here   Post Your Bird Pictures Here Icon_minitimeThu 05 Nov 2009, 6:53 pm

I'll start.

Godley & Creme:
Post Your Bird Pictures Here Avatar-1
Post Your Bird Pictures Here Creme-2
Back to top Go down
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Bird Pictures Here   Post Your Bird Pictures Here Icon_minitimeThu 05 Nov 2009, 7:52 pm

Blaze.. RIP crossed over 2007

Post Your Bird Pictures Here W0ntih
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Bird Pictures Here   Post Your Bird Pictures Here Icon_minitimeSun 08 Nov 2009, 1:12 pm

Can you imagine how disappointed I was when I opened this thread? lol!

Nice birds! Very Happy

Oh ya, I think parrots are cool birds!
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Bird Pictures Here   Post Your Bird Pictures Here Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 11:49 pm

beautiful birds!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Bird Pictures Here   Post Your Bird Pictures Here Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009, 4:50 pm

Post Your Bird Pictures Here N504858866_806461_4849

Post Your Bird Pictures Here N504858866_280610_9193

Post Your Bird Pictures Here N504858866_377877_1507
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Bird Pictures Here   Post Your Bird Pictures Here Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 2:04 am

Post Your Bird Pictures Here 091

Post Your Bird Pictures Here 083-1

Post Your Bird Pictures Here 006

Post Your Bird Pictures Here 086-1
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Bird Pictures Here   Post Your Bird Pictures Here Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 9:43 am

Well I recognize the budgies of course ;) The conure and the sennie........Wolfie is that a DYH ?? definitely familiar, I know that.

I already have my cage, the next step (long one) is to have enough money set aside for a vet fund for my future crimson belly or pearly conure. I've heard too many horror stories of the horrendous avian vet costs and don't want to leave anything to chance.

Thats the one thing lacking in the Maritimes (at least NS), the access to birds. Very few breeders down this way and I'll be darned if I'm buying one from a pet store.

Here's my crew, all rescues/rehomes........

Sydney
Post Your Bird Pictures Here IMG_3780-1

Harley & Bridget
Post Your Bird Pictures Here IMG_3735-1-1

Pete & Olivia
Post Your Bird Pictures Here IMG_0300-1-1
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Bird Pictures Here   Post Your Bird Pictures Here Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 12:16 pm

rottnmom wrote:
Well I recognize the budgies of course ;) The conure and the sennie........Wolfie is that a DYH ?? definitely familiar, I know that.

I'm not Wolfie, but the photos are of a Blue Fronted Amazon. I had one as well for several years... sadly, we had to rehome him recently.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Bird Pictures Here   Post Your Bird Pictures Here Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 12:24 pm

Not hard to tell I've been focusing on the conures, eh Embarassed ;)

Thanks Hoodie. I'm sorry you had to rehome your fid. I know there are always circumstances where there is no other choice. My bubs were all basically being tossed and I just couldn't say no. But being owned by them has started me in the direction of finding a bird to suit me, rather than being the one found for a change. Right now I'm actually wishing I lived in Ontario. Just received a posting of pearlys coming available up there. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Bird Pictures Here   Post Your Bird Pictures Here Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 12:51 pm

his name is Mango, and he's a blue fronted amazon parrot Smile
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Bird Pictures Here   Post Your Bird Pictures Here Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 4:47 pm

rottnmom wrote:
Not hard to tell I've been focusing on the conures, eh Embarassed ;)

Thanks Hoodie. I'm sorry you had to rehome your fid. I know there are always circumstances where there is no other choice. My bubs were all basically being tossed and I just couldn't say no. But being owned by them has started me in the direction of finding a bird to suit me, rather than being the one found for a change. Right now I'm actually wishing I lived in Ontario. Just received a posting of pearlys coming available up there. Crying or Very sad

I was Taco's fourth (at least) home. He was very aggressive, and probably originally a wild-caught bird. I loved him to death, but never succeeded with being able to get him to accept human companionship outside of cage interaction and a scritch here and there (I had the welts to show too). In an all adult household, it worked alright, since we all understood his body language and how to co-exist with him peacefully, but with the baby coming (and as heart broken as we were) I knew it was best to find him another adult, bird savvy home.
He's very happy there and I continue to receive updates. Smile He even bonded with the couple's older daughter, which was huge.

Both my Sennie and BFA were rehomed to me, so I hear you regarding the fids finding you, as opposed to you finding them.

Good luck with your Conure search! You'll find the right beeb when you least expect it. ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Bird Pictures Here   Post Your Bird Pictures Here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post Your Bird Pictures Here
Page 1 of 1