Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Back to Work

Go down 
+8
pooperscooper
Mousey
HoodieCrow
Mini
Amomma
BigBrownEyes29
yorkiemom
cureforboredom
12 posters
AuthorMessage
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 9:32 am

Well, I start work on Monday to finish up the school year in my classroom. Still don't have a job for next year. My 10 month old has been integrating into childcare this week: Tuesday was a half day that went well, Wednesday, he caught on that I was leaving him and cried the whole time he was there. Today is his first full day and he was clinging to me like a primate whose mum was scaling a tree. I had to pry him off me and leave him screaming in the arms of someone else when all I wanted to do was comfort him. Gawd, it's so hard leaving him! I am a mess. Sad
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 9:39 am

It is hard Cure for the first little while,but they do adjust and some even
look forward to going. The best thing you can do is hand him to someone and walk away as hard as it is

Hopefully you find something for next year I know here the cutbacks are awful,the kids school has now eliminated the art program and talking
about music and band going next
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 9:41 am

I remember those days when my oldest child was in childcare. It is hard to leave for work when they are crying for you. But after a week or two they do adjust and are excited about going and playing with the other kids there.
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 11:08 am

It sucks to leave them doesn't it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 11:11 am

ahh cure.. I remember that... Frig my son would litterally rip apart my pants, cause he grasped them so hard..

But they grow up so fast.. When I drop him off at Preschool.. He looks at me.. and says

" aren't you going now mom. Don't kiss me in front of my friends"
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 12:34 pm

So so hard to leave them, but it's true, after a while they do come to enjoy going and not fear being left. I still get pangs of sadness dropping of my 7 and 4 year old at school. Imagine what my empty nest syndrome is going to be like? Ouch!

Yorkie, it's sad to hear about the cutbacks in the arts. So much for us developing a well-rounded curriculum. Sad Our spec. ed. is being cut left right and centre - and that's my speciality. I think if I actually get a job (which I'm thinking is 50/50 right now), it'll likely be teaching a 7/8 class.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 1:28 pm

Oh Cure, I can only imagine. Sad

I can't stand to hear mine crying.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 7:39 pm

Aww don't worry Cure they all cry at first but believe me soon enough he'll be crying because he doesn't want to leave! My little guy looks forward to going now every morning he says "go daycares" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeSun 30 May 2010, 8:22 pm

Well, first day back at work tomorrow. It's going to be a crazy day! Starts at 5am! Eek! Wish me luck! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeSun 30 May 2010, 9:18 pm

5am! I thought I had to go to work early! Good luck! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeMon 31 May 2010, 12:28 am

I hope all goes well...Yup tis true eventually they can't wait to be away from parents. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeMon 31 May 2010, 7:37 am

Good Luck!! Smile
Back to top Go down

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeMon 31 May 2010, 10:07 am

Wondering how the first day went . Hope all was good .
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 6:17 am

The day went off with no hitches, Feather. Thank you for asking. I only had ONE student! lol I only have three students (remember I work in a mental health facility so the classes are small anyway...) but one was sick, one was doing academic testing and so I spent the day with one child. My baby faired well at daycare, our two soccer games in the evening were cancelled due to poor air quality (smoke was invading over from the multiple forest fires in Quebec) and my two older boys had a fun time on their first day of before and after school day care. And to boot, it's raining out so Mother Nature is quenching my gardens which I didn't have time to water last night. Today I find out if I get the job I applied for - the one that will cut 30km off my daily commute if I manage to get it. Fingers crossed! Smile
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 6:41 am

Fingers AND toes crossed! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 12:49 pm

I hope you get it....
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 1:39 pm

Sending good vibes your way.
Back to top Go down

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 5:25 pm

Keep us posted Smile
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 6:20 am

Got the job! Teaching Gr. 7/8 at an intermediate/senior school that is actually closer to my home than my old school. Yay! Thanks for all the good vibes, folks! Smile
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 6:37 am

Congratulations!

*phew*, my toes were starting to cramp up, LOL.
Back to top Go down

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 9:51 am

Great news cure Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 10:01 am

Congrats on the new job
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 11:23 am

Congrats Cure!
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 2:58 pm

Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 7:33 pm

Aww congrats Cure. I am so happy for you!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Work   Back to Work Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back to Work
Page 1 of 1