Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji

Go down 
+12
Mousey
BigBrownEyes29
K-Flash
Unhingedmom
kbullet
Kewl Chick
cureforboredom
yorkiemom
Jerseyfivedogs
Snitty
ivegotfleas1
Mini
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Allowing people to join with different nics
Allow everyone to join
Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Vote_lcap50%Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Vote_rcap
 50% [ 9 ]
Only if they identify themselves
Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Vote_lcap39%Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Vote_rcap
 39% [ 7 ]
If we don't know them/ too bad, so sad
Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Vote_lcap6%Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Don't really care
Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Vote_lcap5%Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Empty
PostSubject: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 3:23 pm

K I hope this works

I would like all of your thoughts.

As to what you would like to see happen.

Lots of members want to join with different nicknames. The Admin team doesn't know these nicks.

Can ya please comment or vote. So maybe we can come up with some good guidelines that are fair and consistent.

Thanks a bunch

ps hope the hell I did this right..
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 4:26 pm

I say allow everyone. If they turn out to be not so good people, it's easy enough to make them go away.
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 4:45 pm

How many of the ones wanting to join are slak with different names?
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 4:54 pm

I say the more the merrier but if they are coming from kijiji, what is the problem with introducing yourself?
Say what your name was (is) on kijiji and then call yourself something new if you like.
When I tried to call myself something new here after saying who I was on kijiji... it just caused someone else to take my kijiji name to try and trick people here.
Seems easier just to be upfront about who you are.
If somebody wants a "clean slate" and that is why they are wanting to change their name- as long as Mini or moderators know who they are that should be fine. (I think)

:bounce:
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 5:14 pm

I agree with Jersey,if they have nothing to hide then they will identify themselves,if they are from kijiji,if we are going to allow everyone that is fine,but then people need to stop with their whining about a spies among us.

If they want a fresh start here fine then let admin or mod know who they are
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 5:22 pm

Jersey fivedogs wrote:
I say the more the merrier but if they are coming from kijiji, what is the problem with introducing yourself?
Say what your name was (is) on kijiji and then call yourself something new if you like.
When I tried to call myself something new here after saying who I was on kijiji... it just caused someone else to take my kijiji name to try and trick people here.
Seems easier just to be upfront about who you are.
If somebody wants a "clean slate" and that is why they are wanting to change their name- as long as Mini or moderators know who they are that should be fine. (I think)

:bounce:

Do you know who used your name ?
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 5:31 pm

feathers,

No, I don't but yorkie took care of it very quickly and we decided that I'd use both names so no other fivedogs pop up.
One is enough. cheers
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 7:46 pm

I don't see why you can't allow everyone. If trouble occurs, can't you simply ban them?
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 8:28 pm

I think that everyone should be allowed but they should identify themselves.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 9:45 pm

Let them join but it makes me suspicious that they don't want to identify themselves... What reason would you have to hide who you were? Change your name just tell us who you were....

Plus, the bonus being that I'll be able to remember conversations with you on kijiji where I wouldn't be able to with a new name.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 9:49 pm

So far it sounds like everyone agrees that people are welcome to come here but we want them to identify themselves.

Most people do not stumble on a forum this small by chance is my thoughts,also if one of the members has a friend that they want to join
I don't see anyone having a problem with that if the member identifies them

If I am reading everyone wrong please feel free to correct me
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 10:29 pm

Well, you figure it this way. If somebody wants to join to mess with our heads, they're going to lie and do that anyway.

Because we're pretty much all Kijiji "ex-pats", it would be nice to know if newbies are from Kijiji so we can continue being friends as we were there. Keeping the same nic isn't necessary, but it would be nice.

If they know somebody here that gave them the link, tell us who so we can thank them properly.

If you found us through and outside link, do tell because it's kind of interesting.

So, "How'd you find us?" is just polite, just conversation.

Hey, how about starting a "My Nickname is *______* and I'm An ExKijijiaholic" thread? We could do 12 steps (well, some got bum rushed through 2-11) or something like?
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
K-Flash
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
K-Flash

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 10:37 pm

I voted for the "Allow Everyone" option. Since I have a new handel here (as oppose to goldkacey in kjland), I don't see the harm. Personally, it's a long handel name, and I just decided to use my nickname my hubby gave me...LOL. I suppose the mods can use their discretion if someone's getting out of hand.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 10:40 pm

I don;t think the change of name is really the issue here,when you came on kflash you identified yourself right away so we knew who you were,and I think that is what we are questioning here,is rather they should have to identify themselves to admin or mods at least
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Allowing new members   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 12:38 pm

:lol: This topic is kinda cute, in my opinion what difference does it make, whether the individual uses their same name here as on other forums such as KJ or not. This isn't small town anywhere, where we all have to be kept informed, and have knowledge that Myrtle washes cloths every Tuesday, and Joe Blow walks to the Post Office each morning at 10:15, and Bessie goes to the foot clinic the first Monday of each month to get her bunions shave. I say allow everyone and let the chips fall where they may.
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 1:23 pm

Bessie has bunions????? affraid
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 1:34 pm

Wait until I tell Myrtle!! Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji 674383
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 2:14 pm

Joe Blow has to walk to the post office? what the hell happened to his car?
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 2:16 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
Joe Blow has to walk to the post office? what the hell happened to his car?

"Bessie has bunions", "Joe Blow has to walk to the post office", sounds like a saying a country man would say.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 2:19 pm

I think you are right BBE
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 6:51 pm

Who the hell is Ram?? Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 7:04 pm

Shocked
Back to top Go down
ChiaPet
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 8:02 pm

Maybe it is misspelled....and the r should be a j... Shocked Arrow
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 8:31 pm

Fuck fuck fuck

Aww. nope not yet.........

FUCK FUCK (dainty people look away)
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK

Jammer is the biggest fucking fuck.

There...I lost my temper.
cheers
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 8:32 pm

Is Ram Jam?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji   Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Allowing New members with different nicks- other then the nics from kijiji
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next