Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crazy but poor dog ... LOL

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Crazy but poor dog ... LOL Empty
PostSubject: Crazy but poor dog ... LOL   Crazy but poor dog ... LOL Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:35 am

None of my cats like my dog. No matter how hard my dog tries to befriend them, it never turns out the way she wants it to. Tonight I was petting the kittens, and giving them fresh water. The dog comes up behind me, and sees me petting the kittens. She goes to her crate, gets her football and comes back to show the kittens her toy. Or maybe we was trying to get them to play football with her. LOL She got up close with her toy in her mouth, all happy to show them, and the little buggers hissed at her. So she turned around and walked away. :lol:
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Crazy but poor dog ... LOL   Crazy but poor dog ... LOL Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 4:08 pm

Aww, poor girl just wants to play. Sounds like when Bella tries to get Sophie to play and she's not in the mood.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Crazy but poor dog ... LOL   Crazy but poor dog ... LOL Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 1:53 am

My problem is that the cats and dogs sometimes drive me crazy. Cailleach is a snob and ignores the cats even when they harass her. Poor smaller than the cats girl has to suffer the cats walking up to her when she is taking a poop and rubbing they faces against hers and knocking her off balance...how indignant she gets...moves a few steps ahead but they often follow her and will lay in front of her and wrap their paws around her front legs while laying on their backs.

Julio was in trouble from day 1 with his chasing the cats and knows this is not allowed but it's a two way street because the cats harass him relentlessly also. I can usually control the dogs but the cats...lol...forget it. It's mostly all play and nothing has gotten to the point where anyone has gotten injured but the potential with feral cats is always there. I'm not really worried about a scratch here and there and perhaps if Julio who sometimes did get a smack he would learn a bit of respect for the cats but I have a deep concern about claws and eyes meeting. Years ago one of the cats did do eye damage so it's always on my mind. :face:

Julio was looking awful handsome today so I took a pic....lol...he's a mess, the snow matts him so bad I can't wait for summer. My little athlete after a one mile run in the snow, wet and tired...too cute. Smile Smile Smile

Crazy but poor dog ... LOL PICT0013-6
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Crazy but poor dog ... LOL   Crazy but poor dog ... LOL Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 8:46 am

I am not sure if Tank wants to play with the cats or antagonize them. If I am petting them he will come up and poke them with his nose until they leave... but he also does it when they are just sitting around. He also likes to sit on the littlest one. Sometimes its like he wants them to chase him.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Crazy but poor dog ... LOL   Crazy but poor dog ... LOL Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 2:13 am

Pooper, that's my fear too, claws and eyes. Seeing that these guys are totally tame, if the dog gets to be a little too much of a pest, I step in. It would be nice for her to learn a lesson about leaving the cats alone, but not at the expense of losing an eye.

BTW, Julio is so cute. When you figure out how to keep a country dog clean, can you pass me some tips. I swear I have the dirtiest Rottweiler anyone has every seen. If there is mud, dirt and snow outside, my dog is rolling around in it.

Bullet, Tank may want to get the cats into a game of chase Tank. :lol: My dog will pester the outdoor cat to get her to chase her. It's kind of funny because it's almost like the cat is chasing a 97 lbs squirrel.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Crazy but poor dog ... LOL   Crazy but poor dog ... LOL Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb 2010, 1:43 am

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
Pooper, that's my fear too, claws and eyes. Seeing that these guys are totally tame, if the dog gets to be a little too much of a pest, I step in. It would be nice for her to learn a lesson about leaving the cats alone, but not at the expense of losing an eye.

BTW, Julio is so cute. When you figure out how to keep a country dog clean, can you pass me some tips. I swear I have the dirtiest Rottweiler anyone has every seen. If there is mud, dirt and snow outside, my dog is rolling around in it.Bullet, Tank may want to get the cats into a game of chase Tank. :lol: My dog will pester the outdoor cat to get her to chase her. It's kind of funny because it's almost like the cat is chasing a 97 lbs squirrel.

Lol...a 97 pound squirrel. I know country dogs have a slim chance of being clean, I have no tips other than get used to it. I supose one could keep them indoors with no chance to roam but that's no life for a dog. You are lucky, your dog is a short coated one with way less grooming. I must be crazy taking on a third long coated dog that will have to be treated differently for show season. Too funny...had the camera out yet again to take "decent pics" of the dogs after grooming and my Cailleach girl had ear hair in her mouth. lol! But I got a decent pic of Julio although they had been doing that open mouth playing thing and Cailleach redid his elastic, his personal stylist often. :lol: he's looking so grown up now. cheers

Crazy but poor dog ... LOL PICT0038-4

Crazy but poor dog ... LOL PICT0025-3
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Crazy but poor dog ... LOL   Crazy but poor dog ... LOL Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb 2010, 8:48 am

He used to do it with the dogs at the dog park, the poking to chase thing... but since we don't go any more, he can't do it. I should have my friend come over with her dog so he can be chased.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Crazy but poor dog ... LOL   Crazy but poor dog ... LOL Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb 2010, 10:42 pm

pooperscooper wrote:
Lol...a 97 pound squirrel. I know country dogs have a slim chance of being clean, I have no tips other than get used to it. I supose one could keep them indoors with no chance to roam but that's no life for a dog. You are lucky, your dog is a short coated one with way less grooming. I must be crazy taking on a third long coated dog that will have to be treated differently for show season. Too funny...had the camera out yet again to take "decent pics" of the dogs after grooming and my Cailleach girl had ear hair in her mouth. lol! But I got a decent pic of Julio although they had been doing that open mouth playing thing and Cailleach redid his elastic, his personal stylist often. :lol: he's looking so grown up now. cheers

You can look at it that way, but at least your dogs are small enough to fit into your bath tub for a bath and most likely don't shed like mine does. LOL I find that in the winter I have to wait for a mild day to make a trip with dog to the dog wash.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Crazy but poor dog ... LOL   Crazy but poor dog ... LOL Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb 2010, 10:52 pm

kbullet wrote:
He used to do it with the dogs at the dog park, the poking to chase thing... but since we don't go any more, he can't do it. I should have my friend come over with her dog so he can be chased.

My knuckle head loves being chased and loves to chase. Can't wait for the nicer weather to come. You'll want to be careful with Tank running full speed in the snow and ice, to prevent a torn ACL injury.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crazy but poor dog ... LOL   Crazy but poor dog ... LOL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crazy but poor dog ... LOL
Page 1 of 1