Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yorkies Thread

Go down 
+8
Unhingedmom
*~Skittles~*
Boston
Kewl Chick
rottnmom
ivegotfleas1
yorkiemom
Jerseyfivedogs
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeWed 28 Mar 2012, 7:27 am

I just saw this.
I'm sorry Rottn.
Yorkies Thread 602200
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeWed 28 Mar 2012, 8:53 am

Rottn,thinking about you and your friend today
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeWed 28 Mar 2012, 10:06 pm

Sorry to hear that Rottn. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012, 12:15 pm

Wtf miss key?

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2012/03/29/19565101.html

Took off your snow tires already? It might have been too soon.

Environment Canada issued a snow advisory for much of southern Ontario, including the London region.

Although the agency says there is significant uncertainty, it predicts the area may be hit with as much as five centimetres of snow.

The snowfall, which could be heavy at times, is expected to start on Friday.

Temperatures will be above freezing Friday, but quickly drop to near or below freezing once the snow begins.

"Drivers should exercise caution as untreated roads may become slippery and snow-covered," Environment Canada said in the special weather statement issued Thursday at 6:32 a.m.

The possible snowfall is being blamed on a disturbance taking shape over Kansas Thursday morning.

It is forecast to track just south of the Lower Great Lakes on Friday with a band of precipitation.

That is expected to fall mainly as rain in the southwest, but a swath of snow and ice pellets appears likely from the shores of Lake Huron eastward to Lake Ontario and north towards Georgian Bay, Environment Canada said. /p>

The precipitation will begin Friday afternoon near Lake Huron and reach Toronto later in the day.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012, 12:39 pm

Payback is a bitch isn't it? Remember all those time you Canadians sent cold and snow to me? WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL its your turn :lol:
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012, 12:43 pm

It's on woman! Razz
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012, 12:47 pm

Yorkies Thread 134967 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012, 7:57 pm

Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012, 8:04 pm

Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012, 8:06 pm

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

Yorkies Thread Star_wars_xbox_360
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 10:15 am

Mornin'

How are you and your friend doing Rottn?

Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 11:48 am

Hi everyone.
I need a vacation.
Badly.

How are you doing today Rott?

Hi yorkie, read any good books lately?
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 2:57 pm

Icky, white stuff. :o It's just wet snow, and going back to double digits on Sunday, so all is good.

Blackbelt testing tonight!
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 3:25 pm

Good Luck to Fleas Jr. Smile
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 3:51 pm

Thanks Jers. It's the next 3 out of 11 tests.

Ummmm, miss key? Did you get us all a mega millions ticket? 640 million is insane!

Just an fyi....at 4% interest, if you got the full amount and didn't spend any for twenty years, you would get 782 million in interest alone. :o

Got those numbers online, so if not completely accurate.....blame the internet for fibbing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 7:40 pm

Uggghh I hate the cold! Soak in a hot bath on the agenda.

Thanks for checking in on me ladies. Just worrying about how much my friend is likely stressing herself out. Spoke to her night before last, in between all the phone calls she was getting. She knows I want to be there, but understands that with us being 3 short at work and me covering for the manager I just can't swing it. Doesn't make it any easier for me to suck up though. Visitation is going on right now, would have been a two hour drive one way to make it, then back and out to work in the morning. Funeral is tomorrow a.m. while I'm at work. I'm hoping she'll get back down here in the not too distant future so we can have a day together just to share.

They got the autopsy report back and unfortunately it didn't contain what they had hoped.......which was a stroke or heart attack prior to the accident. The RCMP said he didn't see the edge of the ditch due to a snow build up making the edge look further away then it was. The examiner was unclear as to how long he was pinned underneath. That made it really hard.

Now it'll be a matter of trying to sort out who is in charge of her mom's care, whether she will obtain guardianship or if Social Services will move in. The other matter will be the home, which 'some' of the siblings want to see sold and split the money. The twist there is an older brother lives there as well. He is not able to cope on his own and a trust has been in place for sometime for him...........but the last thing she'll agree to is him losing his home and his upholstery/refinishing workshop.

Way, way too much for her to be dealing with alone, which is what she's always had to do as the other siblings have never contributed to the care or even concern for either of the parents nor the brother.

Sorry for such a long winded post. Try talking with hubby about it and his only comment is tell them to all go fuck themselves...........easier said than done, when she's living in the middle of it all.

On the upside, was talking to my daughter last night and she wants the both of us (friend and I......not hubby!!) to come down in May or June for a visit. She's insisting on taking care of the flight and any sightseeing we want to do while we're there.........we just have to worry about mad money. I love you
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 8:24 pm

If you need me to watch Moses, anytime you need to, just let me know.
I'm really sorry your "sis" is going through this.
You too.
I love you

If your work will let me, I'll work your shifts.
I should have offered that sooner.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 8:34 pm

Jerseyfivedogs wrote:
If you need me to watch Moses, anytime you need to, just let me know.
I'm really sorry your "sis" is going through this.
You too.
I love you

If your work will let me, I'll work your shifts.
I should have offered that sooner.

Aww, god love ya Jers. Don't I wish I could scrap some of these shitty shifts. Couldn't pay me enough to do the boss' job full time. Unfortunately I'm stuck with it, but she'll be back Monday.

That's sweet of you to offer to take the dufus.........don't know how he'd do around other dogs though. He had bare tolerance for the adult lab and almost none at all for the mastiff pup in his foster home. He doesn't like other dogs in his 'space', nor them bouncing and running around him.. I think it likely goes back to not being exposed to them in his previous 'home' (likely spent too much time locked in the basement, from what we can figure)

Thanks for being such a sweetheart ....... I feel bad for not being able to take you up on the offers, makes me sound ungrateful 345
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 9:05 pm

You never sound ungrateful.
We will be having drinks together this summer though.
I'll get our chairs ready.
We just need the bug spray-lol

The skeets are brutal.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 9:19 pm

A friend of mine lost his dad.
Older gentleman that locked himself out and was too proud to go to the neighbor for the spare key.
They found him dead in a snow bank.
Broke our hearts.
Always left with a feeling of but it shouldn't have happened.
Hard to deal with that. Sad
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 9:20 pm

Non alcoholic for me please.......or I'll be UNDER the chair not on it. Once a year is once to often for me and this week was my one and only Yorkies Thread 204537

And Watkins bug repellent works AWESOME! If you have anyone near you who sells it you've got to give it a try. Or Avon Skin So Soft bath oil...... mmmmmmmmm.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 9:23 pm

I hear yorkie makes a mean iced tea. Smile
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 9:24 pm

Jerseyfivedogs wrote:
A friend of mine lost his dad.
Older gentleman that locked himself out and was too proud to go to the neighbor for the spare key.
They found him dead in a snow bank.
Broke our hearts.
Always left with a feeling of but it shouldn't have happened.
Hard to deal with that. Sad

It's like there's a correlation between advanced age and stubbornness. I know even if my friend had been 'home', she would not have been able to stop her dad from going out or from getting near the ditch. Doesn't make it any easier to deal with, it only leaves questions and guilt for those left behind.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 9:24 pm

Jerseyfivedogs wrote:
I hear yorkie makes a mean iced tea. Smile

A Pepsi IV will suit me just fine. :lol:
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 10:04 pm

Rottn,sounds like your friend is in for a rough ride,hopefully some of the others will grab a brain and do something intellegent and helpful

I think you should take your daughter up on the offer,by the time this is over you will both need some chill time.

Hang in there Rottn,and know you are in our thoughts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yorkies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yorkies Thread
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next