Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toygers (an interesting mix)

Go down 
+4
yorkiemom
Mousey
Kewl Chick
BigBrownEyes29
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Toygers (an interesting mix) Empty
PostSubject: Toygers (an interesting mix)   Toygers (an interesting mix) Icon_minitimeTue 03 Apr 2012, 11:30 pm

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/03/070321-toygers-photos.html

Toygers (an interesting mix) 070321-toygers-photos_big

March 21, 2007—Sumatra, a registered "toyger," displays the rusty colored fur and unique black stripes of the relatively new breed.

Toygers have been registered with the International Cat Association (TICA) since 1993. This May they will join more familiar purebred felines, such as Persians and Siamese, that can be judged as championship cats at TICA-sponsored cat shows.

Toyger creator Judy Sudgen said she hopes the playful pets will inspire more people to care about wild tiger conservation.

"We use part of the price of the kittens to help the conservation of tigers, since that's our inspiration," she said.

For now the toyger is a work in progress, and fanciers hope to produce cats that more closely resemble tigers within the next few years.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Toygers (an interesting mix)   Toygers (an interesting mix) Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2012, 2:48 pm

What a very neat looking cat. I will be researching more about these lil cutie pies!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toygers (an interesting mix)   Toygers (an interesting mix) Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2012, 5:47 pm

What a beautiful color
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Toygers (an interesting mix)   Toygers (an interesting mix) Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2012, 7:16 pm

oohh pretty! I want one!
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Toygers (an interesting mix)   Toygers (an interesting mix) Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2012, 10:15 pm

There are a few different breeds of cats that I would have loved to own. But lately I've been a little turn off by cats, I still have the three beasties here. Though things have gotten much much better with them since my last post, the one still has to be separated from the other two due to being aggressive. They have really soured my whole look on ever wanting to own another cat in the future after they have passed.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Toygers (an interesting mix)   Toygers (an interesting mix) Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2012, 10:22 pm

No matter how cute I know I don't want a cat
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Toygers (an interesting mix)   Toygers (an interesting mix) Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2012, 10:27 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
No matter how cute I know I don't want a cat

:lol: I don't blame you.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Toygers (an interesting mix)   Toygers (an interesting mix) Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2012, 6:40 am

Cute cat... but after mine go I'm done with them too. I love my girls but at 3am they are pains in the ass.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Toygers (an interesting mix)   Toygers (an interesting mix) Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2012, 8:58 am

someone awhile back stopped here with a bengal cat,I gave that one a thought for about 30 seconds,then I laid down and let that thought pass

NO cats for me,I am so a dog person
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Toygers (an interesting mix)   Toygers (an interesting mix) Icon_minitimeSun 08 Apr 2012, 2:37 pm

I like kitties!
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

PostSubject: Re: Toygers (an interesting mix)   Toygers (an interesting mix) Icon_minitimeMon 09 Apr 2012, 9:50 am

I want one BAD!
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/
M'Fredrick
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: Toygers (an interesting mix)   Toygers (an interesting mix) Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 10:27 am

That is a very pretty cat. I'm curious to know if they are expensive.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Toygers (an interesting mix)   Toygers (an interesting mix) Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 10:33 am

The last I knew about them,they were a new breed and not easily purchased at this time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toygers (an interesting mix)   Toygers (an interesting mix) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toygers (an interesting mix)
Page 1 of 1