Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interesting article

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Interesting article  Empty
PostSubject: Interesting article    Interesting article  Icon_minitimeThu 28 Oct 2010, 9:35 am

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2010/10/27/15858031-wenn-story.html

Cell phone mystery in 1928 Chaplin film
By WENN.COM

A scene from Charlie Chaplin's silent movie The Circus has sparked a time-travel mystery among fans after one extra appears to be chatting on a cell phone.

The clip from the 1928 film has been posted online by Irish filmmaker George Clarke and begs the question did someone travel back in time to appear outside Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, while Chaplin was shooting the movie?

The woman in the scene is holding a black object to her ear and appears to be talking into it.

Clarke insists the video has not been manipulated in any way and he has consulted with experts about his find, which he has posted on YouTube.com for fans to check out.

The filmmaker has concluded the woman walking through the scene is from another era.

Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article    Interesting article  Icon_minitimeThu 28 Oct 2010, 1:58 pm

Very interesting.

Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article    Interesting article  Icon_minitimeThu 28 Oct 2010, 3:50 pm

It would be interesting if they had cell phones back then, but from reading comments on the cnn.com article about this, some are speculating that it could have been a hearing aid the woman was holding
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article    Interesting article  Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 12:08 pm

Ummmm, have they never seen someone holding the collar of their coat up against the side of their face to
break the wind? Appears to be 'cold weather' clothing' .........just saw the clip on tv last night. I remember my
dear old grandmother walking along downtown Halifax streets battling the cold wind off the harbor in just the same
way.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article    Interesting article  Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 3:10 pm

rottnmom wrote:
Ummmm, have they never seen someone holding the collar of their coat up against the side of their face to
break the wind? Appears to be 'cold weather' clothing' .........just saw the clip on tv last night. I remember my
dear old grandmother walking along downtown Halifax streets battling the cold wind off the harbor in just the same
way.

That's another possibility. I saw it on the news again this morning while sitting and waiting for my car to get serviced at the mechanics. The only thing is the lady was talking (not sure if it was to herself ... lol) and no one else was around her, if you look closely at her mouth the next time they show the video.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article    Interesting article  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting article
Page 1 of 1