Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

London making me proud again!

Go down 
+3
Unhingedmom
BigBrownEyes29
ivegotfleas1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

London making me proud again! Empty
PostSubject: London making me proud again!   London making me proud again! Icon_minitimeSun 18 Mar 2012, 4:36 pm

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Patrick+riot+reeks+havoc+London+Ontario/6321112/story.html

St. Patrick’s Day riot wreaks havoc on London, Ontario

By Robert Hiltz, Postmedia News

St. Patrick’s Day took an ugly turn in London, Ont. Saturday night when celebrations took a violent turn.

A TV truck was set a blaze and firefighters and police were pelted with rocks, bottles and two-by-fours, according to a spokesman for the London fire department.

“The situation was completely out of control and we had to pull back for the safety of our personal,” Paul Carew said.

The damage could be in the “hundreds of thousands of dollars,” he said.

A video posted on YouTube shows the television truck exploding after it was set on fire, sending a fireball into the night sky.

Carew said the area where the riot took place, near Fanshawe College, had been a problem in the past, but he had never seen something quite like it happening in London.

While there were no serious injuries reported, he said if anyone was hurt there would have been no way for emergency workers to reach them.

“Very easily you could have people die or be injured, all because some people can’t control their drinking,” Carew said.

He said police and fire were finally able to get control of the area at about 4 a.m

Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: London making me proud again!   London making me proud again! Icon_minitimeSun 18 Mar 2012, 5:24 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA, what an idiot....

London making me proud again! 5Fl0T
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: London making me proud again!   London making me proud again! Icon_minitimeSun 18 Mar 2012, 5:39 pm

Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: London making me proud again!   London making me proud again! Icon_minitimeSun 18 Mar 2012, 8:21 pm

Soon we will have to label London as little Detroit.
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: London making me proud again!   London making me proud again! Icon_minitimeSun 18 Mar 2012, 10:20 pm

Oh Lord, watching all the footage on the ctv.ca site made me gag. Future of our nation, folks. On the upside, I baked a cake for the students who live behind us. They had a party, then moved to the next house, then to the next. Lots of chit chat, laughter, a bit of music... then they all left for the bars.

Ok, but I got hungry and ate the cake before they got home.

I can't believe the amount of people on Facebook blaming the police. They were in the neighbourhood all day patrolling, some seemed to feel they could have warded off the riot. Yeah great, like my taxpayer dollars should be paying police to be babysitters.

Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: London making me proud again!   London making me proud again! Icon_minitimeSun 18 Mar 2012, 10:37 pm

Sounds like Vancouver revisited Sad Spreading from coast to coast I guess
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: London making me proud again!   London making me proud again! Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 2:07 am

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
Soon we will have to label London as little Detroit.

Sad, but true. Sad I've been here all my life and this is pathetic. I loved living here in the past, now I'm almost afraid.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: London making me proud again!   London making me proud again! Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 2:28 pm

I am completely disgusted by their actions... if I was a parent to any of those kids, I'd be driving them to the station myself... they'd be safer there than with me anyway.

About to say something old: "fucking little punks"
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: London making me proud again!   London making me proud again! Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 7:03 pm

kbullet wrote:
I am completely disgusted by their actions... if I was a parent to any of those kids, I'd be driving them to the station myself... they'd be safer there than with me anyway.

About to say something old: "fucking little punks"

+1
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: London making me proud again!   London making me proud again! Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 7:35 pm

That is sick.
I'm with bullet.
You'd be safer behind bars.
Mad
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: London making me proud again!   London making me proud again! Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 10:09 pm

Alright people,you have now made Kansas news from London,good God,I would be with bullet they would be safer in jail than in a vehicle with me
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: London making me proud again!   London making me proud again! Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 10:32 pm

Thanks miss key, we like to suck on an international level. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: London making me proud again!   London making me proud again! Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 10:59 pm

I couldn't believe it made our local news tonight

did I tell you I love my e-reader? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: London making me proud again!   London making me proud again! Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 12:58 am

Didn't even realize you got it miss key. :lol:
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: London making me proud again!   London making me proud again! Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2012, 9:33 am

You know, we might just be looking at this whole incident the wrong way. Perhaps we should be working at channelling the creative energy and initiative these young, so-called "Hooligans" displayed? Give them an outlet, something to be proud of? I'm sure we've all got some excess furniture lying about, donate it to the cause, have those misunderstood youths pick it up and take it downtown during the World Figure Skating Championships next year. Hell, even if we had to pay them $100,000 we'd still be saving $500,000 on Mayor Joe's "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium"-esque light show idea. I'm sure Flemming Road denizens could think up something that would rival his vision. Maybe the dumbass who first said, "Heyyyyy, let's turn over the news truck and set it on fire, see how long it'll take before the gas tank explodes? Oh... anybody got a spare propane tank?' could lend his input.

</sarcasm> - just in case any of those dumbasses are reading this and their little neanderthal pea-brains think it's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: London making me proud again!   London making me proud again! Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2012, 2:10 pm

You almost had me convinced. :lol:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London making me proud again!   London making me proud again! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

London making me proud again!
Page 1 of 1