Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed Empty
PostSubject: This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed   This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 11:50 am

I bred one of my pugs a couple of months ago.. sorry guys I wouldn't of done the play by play..

she cleared her tests, got an outside stud... blah.. blah.. don't need to go into those details..

had her xrayed prior to birth.. Thank god..

we had 3 pups.. I wish she would have more.. easier because of the size..

so last tuesday... she was going into the first stage of labor...watched her.. and in my gut.. felt something wasn't right... so took her into the vet.. for another set of xrays.. to make sure she can pass the pups heads.... looks good.. we measured the skulls.. my vet even kind of scoped her... to see how she was dilating.. she was 80 percent... took her home.. vet knew he was on call.. so off I go home... he figured about an hour.. and she would be in active labor.. and start pushing.. he was right.. .. so she started pushing.. first water sack came out.. then the 2nd.. start the timer...... not progressing fast enough.. did an internal.. to see where the pup is.. and FUCK.. pup is coming breech.. I feel the feet.. no big deal.. just means a little more pushing.. harder labor.. momma pug in great shape... so I am going to help her out and help pull the pup... .. pup wouldn't come.. would come out and track back in.. shit.. pup is stuck.. the head.. FUCK.. fuck.....so call the vet who happened to be at another clinic... he said keep trying... bye about 5 mins.. he is like bring her in.. the chances that this pup will make it.. is dwinding..... well I was getting her ready.. and pup is 3/4 way out.. I lube up.. we have to get pup out.. as 2 more our coming.........5 mins go bye.. now time is not on my side... call my vet.. because I don't want to drive with this pup.. he is on the phone the whole time.. I lube up... trying to turn the head to get it out .... my vet is telling me what to do play by play.. finally get pup out....... I suction.. and rub.. and rub.. trying to give this pup.. a chance at life.... at the same time.. I have to get to the vets.. so all the way to barrhead I am driving.. and doing pup CPR.... we lost the pup...

so vet meets me.. and we deliver 2nd pup.. with oxy shot..... and we deliever 2 more shots.. for the third pup.. nothing.. off for more xrays.. pup is not presenting and is laying cross.. both water sacs were already broken on this pup... we give her about an hour.. to see if pup would engage.. and didn't.. momma is trying.. what a sport.. so we go in for a c section... I scrub in... ( i wanted to cut.. lol- the future doc in me.. ha ha ha) so we get pup.. out..

and we have a little black pug, male and a little fawn pup.. who was the one with a damn big head... who wouldn't of passed if she would engage...

so several of hundreds of dollars later.. several.. we have 2 healthy pups...and who says you make money breeding.. LMFAO... LMFAO.. should see my vet bills.........

but as I lesson..... if you don't know what you are doing....... this situation.. if done by others.. wouldve of ended up.. with a 3 dead pups and a dead mom.. breeding isn't easy.... it isn't ahhhh.. look pup.. it is a hard.. tearful.. stressful.. finacially drainning experience.....lol any day.. I would rather deal with goats, horses, cows, and bigger dogs.. lmao.. cause you have a little more space.. then what I had to work with..... argggg..

but they are doing great.. when I figure out how to upload from my cell phone pics.. I will...

Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed   This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 12:00 pm

congrats on the new pups Mini,I agree there is no money in breeding,Our vet has half or more of my bank account LOL. No wonder he loved me :lol:
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed   This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 12:07 pm

lmao.. you move away.. I just took your spot.. he is super busy.. as he lost the vet at fawcett.. so he is doing both clinics.. he was amazing.. he knew he was on call... lol...and you know him...... amazing.. but.... still sucks.. to go for surgery for one pup.. but what do you do
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed   This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 12:10 pm

I knew he lost the vet,but still don't know why,as far as I knew the deal was she ran it for some time and then she had the option to buy it,something went way south mini,I haven't talked to her yet to hear her side of the story,I just know I loved her to death as well as our vet over in Barrhead
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed   This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 12:12 pm

she couldn't get the financing to buy it.... it was all over financing... her hubby would't cosign or something like that..

not sure why she left after that....... I do know it was financing....as why she didn't purchase it....

But he is kind of angry over it.. you know him.. lmfao.. his voice goes higher and higher.. lol
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed   This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 12:33 pm

I remember that voice lol,he is such a gentle giant,please tell me he lost some weight,I used to worry about him,when he was excited or angry about something his face would go to red to suit me
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed   This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 12:45 pm

no he hasn't... but I told him last tuesday.. and was telling him he should know better..

he said.. damn it.. you had to go be a nurse.... lol....I worry about him too.... but he is who he is..

he is in better shape he says.. then anyone he knows.. I said.. but you work so hard.. with no break........ life isn't about work... he said..... to me.. calling kettle black.. damn man.......
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed   This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 1:01 pm

lol Mini,I do love that man
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed   This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 9:29 pm

We need an emoticon that says "this thread is not good without puppy pics" .. lol Congrats on the puppies Mini!
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed   This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed Icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 1:43 am

Yesss we need pics!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed   This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is why people who don't know what they are doing shouldn't breed
Page 1 of 1