Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just wanted to update...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

Just wanted to update... Empty
PostSubject: Just wanted to update...   Just wanted to update... Icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 7:53 pm

Just some pics and vids of the mammut.....if anyone was curious.

We have been training in SchH and he is doing exceptionally well, we should be able to title him next year when he is old enough.
he is 10 months old now and could be the first non american bulldog to be go beyond a BH (basic temperament test) in SchH which is really exciting.

Just wanted to update... Schutzhund1
Just wanted to update... 025
Just wanted to update... 014
Just wanted to update... 008

This is from Saturday, working on control (he was started on a sleeve at 8 months old)
https://youtu.be/VG8URZT0ubE
This is him at 7 months, drive building.
https://youtu.be/nwxQL9ZSeqM
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to update...   Just wanted to update... Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 1:12 am

Really cool...I was hoping to see you back with an update. Smile
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to update...   Just wanted to update... Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 8:35 am

Glad to be back...

Hopefully I have some time today to catch up and read through some of the threads.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to update...   Just wanted to update... Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 9:23 am

Oh my heavens mcpug! Has he ever grown and turned into one handsome boy. Amazing to watch those videos. You must be thrilled with is progress!

Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to update...   Just wanted to update... Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 10:24 am

thanks!

Yea I am really happy with him. I have learned so much about training/drives over the year its crazy the amount of stuff you learn when you do something new lol.

He really enjoys working and I enjoy learning so its an even trade.

I am excited to trial with him next year and hopefully get some titles on him.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to update...   Just wanted to update... Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 9:15 pm

McPug, For such a young dog, he's doing really good. Can't wait to see videos of him next year training as he matures. BTW, that last pic is adorable. Smile
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to update...   Just wanted to update... Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 10:42 pm

thanks

He scored in the 90th percentile when I took him for his temperament test at our SchH club so they are all pretty excited about him, for a slow maturing breed he is doing really well. I plan on training through the winter so hopefully we can but a BH and a SchH 1 on him next spring/summer.

The only problem we are having with him is his shallow bites (which is a genetic thing) but we are hoping that once he is confident in what is expected that it will clean itself up. He also does not focus on equipment, as the decoy told me on Saturday "he thinks that all body parts are fair game and just cant be slipped for reward lol" So it has kind of been an issue, he does surf the sleeve for flesh and has gotten a few of the decoys pretty good, for a small dog he is fast and does not hesitate to take body shots when he can. Its a good thing in the respect that when he is in protection mode he is really willing to protect (equipment or no equipment) but we need to really have him under control to prevent injury to the decoys. So we have been working on control for the past month but its coming along nicely. Once that is over we will start him with running blinds and cleaning everything up.

I don't have any videos of him tracking yet but he tracks well, he is up to about 500 paces on a baited track without articles.

But so far so good, hes a stable dog with lots of nerve and confidence so we have had no issues with regard to the bite work interfering with him being a family pet as well. His drives are nice and balanced and he works well in prey and defense, although in defense he is a little bit more intense and difficult to control, but it should come along nicely as he matures.

so ya its really exciting Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to update...   Just wanted to update... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just wanted to update...
Page 1 of 1