Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Opinions please on dinner

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Opinions please on dinner Empty
PostSubject: Opinions please on dinner   Opinions please on dinner Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 4:35 pm

I ordered dinner last night for my dad from a Chinese food place in town.
The order was placed at 4pm and I was picking it up at 6:30.
While I am not a fan of this restaurant it has one of my dad's favorite dishes and since it was for him, that is where I ordered from.

The order came to just under 40.00 and I can't say for sure if a tip was given when it was picked up as hubby picked it up for me.
(probably no tip on pick up in hubby's mind)

When I got the dinner to my dad there were only 4 egg rolls and I ordered 6.
Now, I know this is not a really big deal and the rest of the meal was fine. (well, no fortune cookie which is usually included)

Would you call and let them know that they did not give you two egg rolls but you were still charged for them?
The egg rolls are 1.69 each.

Just curious-lol

Also, just curious, do you tip if you pick up your dinner?
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Opinions please on dinner   Opinions please on dinner Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 4:46 pm

Yep,I would call them,not only about the egg rolls,but also the lack of the fortune cookies
and no I don't tip on a pick up at all
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: Opinions please on dinner   Opinions please on dinner Icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 12:22 am

I would not call. Our orders always get messed up. Maybe I should call.

I don't tip for pick up. Ever.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Opinions please on dinner   Opinions please on dinner Icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 8:50 am

I would definitely call, I just wouldn't cause a huge stink. And no tip on pickup.
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Opinions please on dinner   Opinions please on dinner Icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 10:22 am

Thanks for the replies.
I did call.
I told them that my dad really enjoyed the dinner but I just wanted to let them know that I had ordered 6 egg rolls and only got 4.
I didn't mention the fortune cookie.

The woman was a bit icy-lol
She told me that there is nothing she could do as I did not call the day it happened.
I told her that I didn't call as I was at the party and really couldn't call from someone else' s house to complain about the dinner I just brought to them.

I had to laugh she got all cranky and said she would credit me the two egg rolls.
She was like, "so, it's JUST two egg rolls."
If it was them wanting their money for two egg rolls, I'm sure they wouldn't be JUST two egg rolls then.
Too funny.
I guess it depends who is on the receiving end of not getting what was paid for as to how important it is.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions please on dinner   Opinions please on dinner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions please on dinner
Page 1 of 1