Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Killer Colic...Shitty Day Horsewise

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Killer Colic...Shitty Day Horsewise Empty
PostSubject: Killer Colic...Shitty Day Horsewise   Killer Colic...Shitty Day Horsewise Icon_minitimeWed 06 Apr 2011, 1:18 am

Twisted gut due to severe colic stole my boy today. No idea of the cause but I knew chances were he wasn't going to make it, tried everything to save him but fate made the decision after 24 hours of treatment. Second kick in the ass today was his half sister sliced her neck wide open so she's in treatment too. All night spent with little sleep catering to administering to the stallion and I was shocked to see she had hurt herself this morning also. No blood with her just looked like a wet spot but I saw it from afar. Needles, needles and more needles. I'm starting to think like Mini...why do we have these animals?

I have a tad of guilt for trying to save him instead of listening to my instincts, didn't look good from the get go but like a dummy instead of immediately putting him out of his misery I went the vet route. All I can say is we gave it a go and failed. Shit happens...I've rather gotten immune to animals passing and I'm not really upset about losing him as all that could have done to help him didn't. My concern though is that we have to dispose of the carcass...still snowed in and it's finally getting unseasonable warm... can't get the rendering truck in til it melts more and the tractors can clear the way in.

He was just like his sire, the calmest, sensible stallions I have had the pleasure of owning. Farewell my friend whose moved on to greener pastures. Wynnchester 86 my beautiful boy who shared his life with us for 25 years. His older half brother is the last remaining Crabbet Arabian in North America with close up bloodlines to the original imports. I never used Wynn for breeding as I never bred when the market was glutted...sadly the lineage when his brother goes is lost forever. Run free forever Wynn.

Killer Colic...Shitty Day Horsewise 4smpef
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Killer Colic...Shitty Day Horsewise   Killer Colic...Shitty Day Horsewise Icon_minitimeWed 06 Apr 2011, 6:49 am

Oh pooper, I'm so very sorry you lost your boy. ((Hugs))
Back to top Go down
brrat
brrat

PostSubject: Re: Killer Colic...Shitty Day Horsewise   Killer Colic...Shitty Day Horsewise Icon_minitimeWed 06 Apr 2011, 4:36 pm

I am so sorry for your loss Pooper. Wynn was very handsome! You were blessed with 25 great years with him, you need to think about the memories you had of him to get you through.

Thinking about you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Killer Colic...Shitty Day Horsewise   Killer Colic...Shitty Day Horsewise Icon_minitimeWed 06 Apr 2011, 4:40 pm

Sorry for your loss Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killer Colic...Shitty Day Horsewise   Killer Colic...Shitty Day Horsewise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Killer Colic...Shitty Day Horsewise
Page 1 of 1