Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sickening (WARNING.......Graphic description)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

Sickening   (WARNING.......Graphic description) Empty
PostSubject: Sickening (WARNING.......Graphic description)   Sickening   (WARNING.......Graphic description) Icon_minitimeTue 01 Feb 2011, 9:18 am

Read these this morning and don't know which reaction was stronger, anger or feeling like I wanted to puke.

I hope to god these people pay dearly for what they have done....

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/tourism-whistler-suspends-reservations-over-post-olympic-sled-dog-cull/article1888742/

"In April, 2010, his job was to cull the herd of about 300 by about 100 dogs. A veterinarian was contacted but refused to euthanize healthy animals. Attempts were made to adopt out the dogs, but with only limited success.

The report states the employee had killed more than a dozen dogs when he came to Suzie, the mother of his family’s pet dog, Bumble. The blast from his gun wounded her horribly, and her screams of pain made him drop the leash. Eventually he had to use a gun with a scope to finish her off at a distance. Other dogs attacked him when he went to retrieve the body.

The employee told WorkSafeBC he performed what he described as “execution-style” killings, where he wrestled the dogs to the ground and stood on them with one foot to shoot them.

Incidents on April 23 were worse, the report says. About 20 minutes after he shot a dog named Nora, he noticed that she was crawling around a mass grave he had dug for the animals."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/01/31/100-sled-dogs-in-bc-killed-following-lull-in-adventure-tourism-report/

" “Shocking doesn’t begin to describe what happened to these poor dogs,” said an emotional Marcie Moriarty, BC SPCA’s manager of animal-cruelty investigations.

“Up to 100 dogs — I don’t want to use the term euthanize because they were executed. (The man) describes it as execution-style killings.”

There are provisions in the SPCA act that allow for Criminal Code charges and Moriarty said this case warrants them: “Dogs crawling around in a mass grave; half of one’s face blown off — if those actions don’t constitute Criminal Code offence, I don’t know what does.”

Ms. Moriarty has said it’s often difficult to prosecute Criminal Code cases on animal cruelty charges. However, “I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a case where a person admits shooting off the face of a dog,” she said. "

Unlike the kennel in NB, maybe there will be some 'justice' for these poor animals.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Sickening (WARNING.......Graphic description)   Sickening   (WARNING.......Graphic description) Icon_minitimeTue 01 Feb 2011, 11:32 am

OMG what in the hell was he thinking ,to me that is unconscionable
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Sickening (WARNING.......Graphic description)   Sickening   (WARNING.......Graphic description) Icon_minitimeTue 01 Feb 2011, 2:43 pm

I read about that the other day in my local paper. How does someone go to sleep at night knowing that they killed innocent animals because their employer told them too. Had it been me, I would have called the OSPCA on my employer. No job is worth it to me to have to do something so disgusting.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Sickening (WARNING.......Graphic description)   Sickening   (WARNING.......Graphic description) Icon_minitimeTue 01 Feb 2011, 3:24 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
I read about that the other day in my local paper. How does someone go to sleep at night knowing that they killed innocent animals because their employer told them too. Had it been me, I would have called the OSPCA on my employer. No job is worth it to me to have to do something so disgusting.

That is exactly what I was thinking. No amount of money is worth it to me to kill an innocent animal. Hell, I'd house them all in my backyard before I killed them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sickening (WARNING.......Graphic description)   Sickening   (WARNING.......Graphic description) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sickening (WARNING.......Graphic description)
Page 1 of 1