Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lunch Ideas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Lunch Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Lunch Ideas   Lunch Ideas Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 4:06 pm

I'm at that point where I'm tired of bringing lunches to work, but not into going out to eat unless it's once or twice a month to get out of the office for a while. I never know what I want until that morning when I have to rush out the door. Think it's because my lunches are getting boring. If you have any neat lunch ideas, please post.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

Lunch Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Ideas   Lunch Ideas Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 4:18 pm

Lately I have been making homemade soup and freezing it and then I just grab one out of the freezer and heat it up here.

Do you have a stove, toaster oven or microwave? We are lucky here to have a fully functioning kitchen so often I do grilled cheese and toasted tomatoe sandwhiches and that kind of stuff. I also sometimes make a bit extra for dinner and have leftovers to heat up the next day for lunch.

ETA: luches get so boring and there is no way I can eat a cold soggy sandwhich.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Lunch Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Ideas   Lunch Ideas Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 9:47 pm

Tell me what you have to work with for heating and I'll give you some ideas.
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

Lunch Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Ideas   Lunch Ideas Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 9:25 am

On Sundays we make a giant tossed salad no dressing to last for suppers and lunches through the week. I also hardboil about 8 eggs for lunches.

I will usually take a container of salad, and with the salad I will eat either a hard boiled egg, or one of those mini cans of tuna (spicy peanut satay, or the spicy hot pepper). At my desk I keep Wasa light rye bread, so I will usually bring a small container of 1% cottage cheese to spread on about 3 slices of Wasa bread. That will be lunch. I also eat about 3 to 4 pieces of fruit during the work day. I am essentially eating all day!

Since I found something that I like, I don't feel the need to change it up too often. I used to take sandwiches every day. I have not done that for about 2 years now though. My lunch bag is huge, with all my containers and fruit. I eat breakfast before I go to work - a bowl of Special K regular mixed with Bran Buds and sprinkled with dried blueberries and Soy milk. I love this - with the blueberries I feel like I am eating dessert for breakfast.

Once in awhile I take supper leftovers, but usually leave those for my husband, since he usually made the supper I figure he gets first dibs. I eat healthy until suppertime. Them my portions are too big and I eat what the husband has prepared.

Next year I am going to have to start packing a lunch for my child. I think cut up veggies, cheese, whole grain crackers, apples, bananas? I don't know. I was made to take sandwich or soup in a thermos when I was a kid, so I don't want to do that to him every single day. Maybe a sandwich twice a week.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Lunch Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Ideas   Lunch Ideas Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 11:16 am

Where I work there is a cafeteria, but I don't eat there because of the hygiene of the employees who work in the cafeteria. So like many other of my co-workers prefer to either bring a lunch or eat out or buy something there that comes already packaged (which isn't a big option).

Thanks for the suggestions. There are 4 microwaves here at work to use . I can't do lunch meats, just can't stomach lunch meat - bologna, turkey, chicken, summer sausage. I find this past two years that I tend to eat a lot at work. This only happens when I'm bored. So far I have done the garden salad and baked chicken breast sandwich, cheese and broccoli rice (cooked at home and reheated at work) with cubes of baked chicken breast, tuna salad, apples, bananas, peanut butter sandwiches (for some reason have been craving those for lunch and dinner), bagels with cream cheese, lean cuisine / healthy choice type lunches, sometimes left overs from dinner the night before (which I really like). I think this weekend I'll make some stuffed red peppers (haven't had those in a long time) for lunch for next week. There is a microwave to heat food up in if you have an heated lunch ideas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lunch Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Ideas   Lunch Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lunch Ideas
Page 1 of 1