Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Now will the government admit there's a coyote 'problem' ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

Now will the government admit there's a coyote 'problem' ? Empty
PostSubject: Now will the government admit there's a coyote 'problem' ?   Now will the government admit there's a coyote 'problem' ? Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011, 7:50 am

Maybe the guys in the woods should be believed.........

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1221926.html

"The western coyote, what they call the regular coyote, a big male will go 30 pounds. Maybe. Twenty to 25 pounds is the average. Here, I got one that was 72 pounds. They’re part wolf, that’s the reason. Your smaller coyotes, they hunt mostly by themselves, like a fox. Here, these coyotes are running in packs, same as a wolf."

Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Now will the government admit there's a coyote 'problem' ?   Now will the government admit there's a coyote 'problem' ? Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011, 11:27 am

They coyotes in the wooded area behind my place are huge. The males are bigger than my female Rottie, and they run in packs which leads me to believe they are either mixed with wolf because of their size and that they run in packs or they are mixed with some domesticated dogs.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Now will the government admit there's a coyote 'problem' ?   Now will the government admit there's a coyote 'problem' ? Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011, 12:34 pm

This is a sample of the scarier part......

He’s also snaring them on the outskirts of Antigonish, just behind the hospital.

"They’re really aggressive. One evening a month, month and a half ago, the nurses that work there went to work for the night shift. And when they got (to) . . . the main entrance, there was three coyotes, right in front of the main entrance."

When one of the nurses tried to enter the hospital "one of the coyotes turned and made right for her. She ran back to the car, and they couldn’t go to work."

I have to check my yard and the woods surrounding it before every time I put Sasha out to pee. I park near the steps to our walkway and take a good look before getting out of my car at night. Used to be skunks were what I was looking for.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Now will the government admit there's a coyote 'problem' ?   Now will the government admit there's a coyote 'problem' ? Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011, 1:34 pm

That is scary, right on hospital property.

I also do the same Rottnmom, before I get out of my car, I check around and park as close as I can to the house. Especially after running out the door to work last summer and my neighbour watching telling me there were 3 coyotes 15 ft away from me just laying there in the yard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now will the government admit there's a coyote 'problem' ?   Now will the government admit there's a coyote 'problem' ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now will the government admit there's a coyote 'problem' ?
Page 1 of 1