Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Day 10 , no smoking.

Go down 
+10
rottnmom
Unhingedmom
Amomma
BigBrownEyes29
*~Skittles~*
yorkiemom
HoodieCrow
Kewl Chick
kbullet
ivegotfleas1
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jan 2011, 2:13 pm

Day 2:

So far so good. No reactions or anything to the pill so far, although I did feel a little "off" yesterday. It probably had more to do with the football game, but who knows. It didn't change me at all, so it's all good. 8 more days!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 12:05 am

ivegotfleas1 wrote:
Thanks KB! We are going to bank the money we save for a trip to Pittsburgh next football season. If that isn't incentive, what is? :lol:

coming to kansas :lol:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 10:00 am

Hang in there fleas, you can do it 👍
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 1:56 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
ivegotfleas1 wrote:
Thanks KB! We are going to bank the money we save for a trip to Pittsburgh next football season. If that isn't incentive, what is? :lol:

coming to kansas :lol:

Maybe they'll play KC this upcoming season. Two reasons to go!
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 1:57 pm

jamn53 wrote:
Hang in there fleas, you can do it 👍

Thanks jamn!
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 1:58 pm

Day 3:

Still no pill issues. Have to take two starting tomorrow. The 24th is getting close!
Back to top Go down
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 2:02 pm

nosmoke

Fleas, You Can and Will be able to stop smoking..
I have not had cigg in a week and a half...

Smile

And I was a pack a day smoker for 15 years...
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 2:03 pm

*~Skittles~* wrote:
nosmoke

Fleas, You Can and Will be able to stop smoking..
I have not had cigg in a week and a half...

Smile

And I was a pack a day smoker for 15 years...

Congrats! I'm going to give it my best try. I have faith this time around for some reason....and tons of support!
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 2:04 pm

HA...of course you do, you have us!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 2:07 pm

Kewl Chick wrote:
HA...of course you do, you have us!!! LOL

Very Happy

Don't forget, you are a Jets fan this week. :lol:
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 5:20 pm

You can do it Fleas.

Skittles, congrats on the week and a half. I've never been a smoker but they say it's the first 2-3 weeks that are the toughest.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 5:27 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
You can do it Fleas.

Skittles, congrats on the week and a half. I've never been a smoker but they say it's the first 2-3 weeks that are the toughest.

I think it's really going to help that I want to this time around. Hopefully the drugs help and the Steelers don't lose Sunday....quit day is the following day. :o
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 5:32 pm

You can do it Fleas,I know you can.

Good for you skittles that is great
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 1:28 am

You can do it. It will get better and better, and you will feel healthier, and cleaner.

I was pack a day and had my last cigarette April 1, 2005. It was hard, but very do-able. Because I started smoking so young and am female, my chances of getting lung cancer are still high, but at least I eventually did something about it.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 9:49 am

Thanks ladies!

Up to 2 pills today, see if it makes any difference. I almost want my quit day now to get it over with. :lol:
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 11:07 am

Don't rush it, keep to your plan. Good luck!

I quit 4 years ago February 21 (would you believe my daughter reminded me of the date? She's planning a party, LOL). I was one of those smokers that you would never have thought would ever quit. I loved smoking. I loved the whole "group smoke" thing where you'd be hanging out with friends and a bunch would split off to go outside for a smoke. Sort of like how, in my younger years, you'd be in a bar and all of a sudden all the girls in the group would head off to the washroom en mass (yes, we WERE talking about our dates).

I watched smoking kill my cousin, and it was horrible. It took years for him to die, losing body parts along the way. You would have thought he would have quit after he lost a lung, but no, two packs a day. Finally, the cancer moved to his brain and he finally quit before he died. Smoking while dying in a hospital bed, hooked up to bags and oxygen, is a huge no-no. The man barely remembered his name and couldn't remember how to eat, yet still he asked for a cigarette.

And I still didn't quit.

After I blew a hole in my lung and was stuck in the hospital for a week with a 12 foot chest tube anchoring me to the wall, I came to the realization that I didn't want my life to end like that, it was uncomfortable, lonely, and when the drugs wore off, painful.

I didn't want that for myself, and I don't want it for those I consider my friends. Use what you have to, take any support offered. I'm telling you in advance, all your testiness and pointed sarcasm will be forgiven.

BBE's right, the first 2-3 weeks are the toughest, physically. After that all you have to beat is the mental addiction. Hard, but I think you're stubborn enough to beat that, right? A couple of pieces of advice for you. Do things differently, you've been smoking for a long time and the habit is part of you. When you get up in the morning start changing your habits and routines. That way you won't notice the "smoking gaps" as much. Also, and sorry for those who may find this insulting, but for the first few weeks stay away from smokers. The smell will hit you right between the eyes and the cravings won't stop even when you leave, the smell will cling to your clothes. You might think you're ok with it, but you'll be constantly thinking about smoking and how you're ok with it. Easier NOT to think of smoking at all.

Again, good luck. Wait, you don't need luck, you need determination, which you already have in spades right?
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 11:08 am

Now if only somebody would invent a pill or patch that would cure long-windedness.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 1:00 pm

:lol: They have that, it's called morphine. Very Happy

I've already been thinking about habit changes and something to keep me busy. I'd like to find work NOW, but I would feel better if I get a month in before I even attempt to deal with the public. I'm not an angry person for the most part, and would hate to get a reputation because of quitting. I AM quitting, I'm tired of all the bs involved with smoking and now that it is causing headaches at jr's school, it's pushed me over the edge.

Thank UM (and everyone else of course!) Go ME!
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 1:03 pm

Oh yes....I gave up the beer yesterday. I was going to wait until after the game Sunday, but screw it. Gonna be a helluva next month. :lol:
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 1:12 pm

You can do it Fleas,I know you can
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 1:26 pm

You can do it Fleas and most importantly...YOU ARE DOING IT!! Congrats!!
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 5:40 pm

If I turn into a health nazi, please kill me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 5:59 pm

If it makes you feel better, I'm not drinking either... I don't want to drink if there is a chance I could be preggers at some point.
Back to top Go down
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 11:02 am

nosmoke

Wishing you luck fleas..

I think it's day 14 for me..

You can do it...
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 4:33 pm

Go us! I don't actually stop til Monday, I'm doing the pill count. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day 10 , no smoking.   Day 10 , no smoking. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Day 10 , no smoking.
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next