Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you could change one thing about yourself.....

Go down 
+7
GypsyJazmine
Kewl Chick
rottnmom
Trinnity
MikaKeara
smurry
Mini
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

If you could change one thing about yourself..... Empty
PostSubject: If you could change one thing about yourself.....   If you could change one thing about yourself..... Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009, 5:37 am

What would you change

For me, it would be my loudness ( not sure if that is even a word) LOL

But I come from a very loud family. If you wanted to be heard you have to be loud. Even though I do work on this on a daily basis.. I find myself becoming louder even more so to prove a point.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about yourself.....   If you could change one thing about yourself..... Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009, 10:29 am

my shyness, I wish I was as outgoing as my husband. I wish I could get a job as easily as he can.
Back to top Go down
MikaKeara
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
MikaKeara

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about yourself.....   If you could change one thing about yourself..... Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009, 10:46 am

Im with smurry. Luke is outgoing, and can charm anyone. Im shy, and it takes time to warm up to people. That actually is one issue in our relationship. Its hard to be outgoing when your shy. I absolutly hate meeting new people.. Im not sure why..

I would also, love to think of a carreer and just go for it. Im 24 and I have no clue what it is I want in life. I know I love animals, but there's some aspect that I dont think I would be able to do.

I wish I could relax more often. Just let things go.. Im constantly thinking about bills, cleaning, the dogs, to a point where im not allowing myself to just enjoy life..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about yourself.....   If you could change one thing about yourself..... Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009, 10:48 am

The one thing i wish I could change is holding a grudge . I can hold on to being angry at someone I feel has betrayed me or disappointed me . I moved away from my family in Indy over 24 yrs ago and besides my parents haven't had much to do with any of them if they came down to Florida to visit my Parents I was polite but never tried to be a part of the family.

I still don't like any of them but sometimes I worry that I am able to just turn off my emotions and not even think about them much at all . Is this normal ?
Back to top Go down
Trinnity
Trinnity

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about yourself.....   If you could change one thing about yourself..... Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009, 2:44 pm

feathers wrote:
The one thing i wish I could change is holding a grudge . I can hold on to being angry at someone I feel has betrayed me or disappointed me . I moved away from my family in Indy over 24 yrs ago and besides my parents haven't had much to do with any of them if they came down to Florida to visit my Parents I was polite but never tried to be a part of the family.

I still don't like any of them but sometimes I worry that I am able to just turn off my emotions and not even think about them much at all . Is this normal ?

I'm with you on this one.
Why waste energy on people who aren't important to you? I think being able to
turn off those emotions can be a good thing. There are times we get so caught up in
emotions we don't know how to deal with them.

Being completely void of emotion is another thing though.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about yourself.....   If you could change one thing about yourself..... Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 8:27 pm

Learn not to be a total doormat. It's taken a lot of years to get as far as I have, but wish I had gotten here much sooner, less painfully and further than I have.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about yourself.....   If you could change one thing about yourself..... Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010, 11:05 pm

To be more assertive!! I am like a well used doormat sometimes.
Back to top Go down
GypsyJazmine
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
GypsyJazmine

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about yourself.....   If you could change one thing about yourself..... Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010, 11:18 pm

I'd lose the weight I've gained since my health went bad...Unfortunately it is nearly impossible as my health is bad & I can't get around as well as I need to. Sad
Back to top Go down
SillyStorm
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about yourself.....   If you could change one thing about yourself..... Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 10:24 am

I'd like the ability to stop wanting to 'fix' everything for everyone else when sometimes it affects my own well-being. Hard to explain but sometimes you just need to say NO without having to explain yourself. I've gotten better though over the last couple years but admit to having one friend that sometimes just gets to me ... Please tell me walking away as opposed to punching her in the face is the appropriate way to handle things LOL
Back to top Go down
Susan
Susan

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about yourself.....   If you could change one thing about yourself..... Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 8:30 pm

Mini wrote:
What would you change

For me, it would be my loudness ( not sure if that is even a word) LOL

But I come from a very loud family. If you wanted to be heard you have to be loud. Even though I do work on this on a daily basis.. I find myself becoming louder even more so to prove a point.

I am the same way. For different reasons though. I am the black sheep in my family, and I was always overlooked, so I yelled to get heard. It worked, but by the time I got to yelling, I was not saying nice things. Now I usually just talk REALLY loud when I am excited or startled or when I'm laughing, I'm very loud.

I find other LOUD people irritating, like one of my aunts, she drives me bonkers, and am hoping I'm not like that to others. Shocked Oh well. My best friend is the same way, and it drives my husband nuts when we get together. LMAO

Maybe that means I'm a dramaqueen? If my kid falls and gets hurt, I scream, "OMG! ARE YOU OKAY?" Instead of asking calmly; which for some reason gets my kid more upset. LOL Working on it doesn't help much either.

I would definatley like to change the fact that I do not stop talking, and do not know when to stop writing, and unless someone cuts me off, they'll not get a word in edgewise. But if I cut you off, I will ALWAYS try to come back to exactly where I cut you off. That's likely why I don't have many friends. ONly those that can tolerate it, and they are the kind that do the same thing, so we never can finish a conversation. JK.
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about yourself.....   If you could change one thing about yourself..... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 12:21 am

I am too serious and can be quite critical - of myself and others. I wish I was able to hold my tongue.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about yourself.....   If you could change one thing about yourself..... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 9:21 am

My eyesight. I'm pretty much legally blind without corrective lenses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about yourself.....   If you could change one thing about yourself..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you could change one thing about yourself.....
Page 1 of 1