Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things may change

Go down 
+3
yorkiemom
Amomma
Mini
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Things may change Empty
PostSubject: Things may change   Things may change Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 3:50 pm

Bare with everything.. we are experimenting at the current moment.. to figure things out

Thanks for your co operation

Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Mini
Admin
Admin

Things may change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things may change   Things may change Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 4:40 pm

We are trying to clean up and make things a little easier

If you go to home

You will see a couple of categories...... it is easier on your eyes.. I think...

What do you all think....

We want to declutter it a little bit..

Do you guys like it? any other suggestions
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

Things may change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things may change   Things may change Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 11:49 pm

feedback

I think Welcome New Members and Tech Help at the top of the chit chat category could be removed. It seems redundant. New members could just be the one category at the beginning, and I would put Tech Help under Site Suggestions.

There are a few typos and grammatical mistakes that need fixing.

Pets and Animals: why is there a critters category instead of just going straight into the categories - seems like an unneccessary step. It seems like a lot of categories, maybe some of them could be combined - like cats and dogs, horses and livestock. What do I know though, I don't really post in the animal section. So those are an outsiders thoughts!

Cars and vehicle - only two topics, this section not really used, is it necessary, or would posters post thes types of things in general chit chat? I would eliminate cars and vehicles.

Overall - it looks great. I think the reorganization makes sense and it remains pretty easy to find stuff. I think less is more when it comes to the number of categories to post in. You don't want to spread it out too much.

Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Things may change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things may change   Things may change Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 11:57 pm

Great feedback..

The New members catagory.. anyone can view.. even guests.

We have developed a tier system for security reasons. To protect our members in here from drama and forum BS.

The first door- new members have to pass.. is the new member category.

They will have to post who they are. As you can tell- all members can throw their questions in there. Then if they pass as to say. We can open the forum up to them. Then you all can welcome them. This will mean that their registration has been approved. So all the members can see it has. I know it is redundant. But it is the only thing we could come up with for overall security. There is a third level.. but that will be known later.

As for all the clicks. It is the best way to simplify it. The forum is laid out in Categories ( main header) then sub forums. In order to not have so much clutter and scrolling .. you have to click away.

My biggest pet peeve. Is when I want to post on an animal thread.. I was scrolling.

As for the spelling errors.. I am too blame.. LMAO... but you all know me.. It will eventually be fixed if my spelling admins.. will just edit it.. HA HA HA HA HA

but keep them coming.. we are still working out all the glitches.

Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

Things may change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things may change   Things may change Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 12:06 am

oh that makes sense then, to have the two new members categories...

It is going to work out pretty good, I think! How will you "pass" someone? How will you know if it is one of the strange pets people from Kijiji pretending to be someone else?
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Things may change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things may change   Things may change Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 12:07 am

Most of us can recognize them in short order,some may sneak by but they won;t last long
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

Things may change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things may change   Things may change Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 12:13 am

I agree with Yorkie, we all have our unique styles that will show who we are.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Things may change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things may change   Things may change Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 12:16 am

not too worried..

That is where tier 3 comes in...

But their are rules to the game... and all mods.. are clear and will be consistent with all the rules for all members.

This is so everyone can enjoy this forum.. and not have to be intimidated or drawn in by the BS
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Things may change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things may change   Things may change Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 9:04 am

I'm good with that Mini I hate everyone equally LMAO
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

Things may change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things may change   Things may change Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 4:27 am

Oh hi. Just now found this thread and I already commented in chit chat or some place that I got lost. lol.. It take a while to get a forum the way you want it to easier navigate. You'll handle it Mini.

I still come here from time to time, but right now not here much. I spend my extra time playing a couple of facebook games. Hell I don't even know who anyone on here is except for the oldies.

Hope everyone is having a good summer though. Maybe fall will bring most of us back here again for our evening chats and laughter like before. I miss many of you.
Things may change 302834
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Things may change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things may change   Things may change Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 8:31 am

JJ nice to see you on here again,wondered where you had been hiding
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

Things may change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things may change   Things may change Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 8:51 pm

Hi Yorkie and thank you. It's good to see you as well!
We were originally supposed to be moved near the end of June. We should be all set up by now, even with a few renos. After 2 extensions, we are now set to move in 3 weeks. What a pain in the ass, but it will be fine. Hadn't we liked the new place so well and are good people, someone would have been forking over some big $$$ for our trouble. Half of our house is in boxes, but we have been able to pack when we feel like it.
The summer has been pretty warm so far. We finally got rain a couple days ago for the first time in a month. Figures it would rain, I watered the flowers and lawn really well that night. Things may change 895486

B.C. is full of wild fires right now. The count this morning was around 400. The air is full of smoke and there's nothing worse than smelling that and the heat from the weather at the same time. It sure limits my outside time. Last I heard there were firefighters from Alberta and Ontario on there way to help. Bless those people for their hard work. That has got to be a hot and miserable job. There is a ban on campfires throughout most of B.C. The fine for having a campfire is $345, but it costs thousands and thousands to fight those fires. That just doesn't seem like a stiff enough fine to me. There are places that have even banned smoking and the fine for smoking in a banned area is $2000. Now does that make sense? Sounds like someone is anti-smoking to me.

What have you been up to? How's your summer going? What's everyone else up to?

I am watching the early news at the moment. A judge in California just over turned the decision to ban same sex marriages. YAY!! What I don't get is, last I heard, same sex marriage is not legal in the U.S. but now 5 states say they are legal? Can someone explain this to me? Maybe I am missing something.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Things may change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things may change   Things may change Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 11:07 pm

JJ, I was trying to figure out the gay sex marriages as well.to my
knowledge they were not legal in any state until today,so have no
idea what that is all about. I have no idea when they legalized it in
Iowa,as it is another bible thumping state in my opinion.Would hope
that someday soon people could but away their anarchic thinking and
accept people as people,not by preference in religion or their sexual
preference.

Has been really hot here all summer,triple digets daily,no rain since
July 4th and that was patchy,we also have a fire ban on,so that means
no nights around the firepit,the kids and I are missing our time together
out there

Sorry to hear the move did not go as expected,but hopefully it will be
worth the wait when you guys get settled in again
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Things may change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things may change   Things may change Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 11:07 pm

Yay...JJ has honored us with her presence. hug
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Settling in
Settling in
Izzy

Things may change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things may change   Things may change Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 2:39 am

I hate change Sad 8)
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

Things may change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things may change   Things may change Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 2:47 am

Pooper, talk to me. I have missed you too! Things may change 294427
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Things may change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things may change   Things may change Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things may change
Page 1 of 1