Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong.. Empty
PostSubject: Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong..   Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong.. Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 7:31 pm

Lets talk about cosmetically surgically removing tails, ears, dewclaws for the sake of breed standards. This can include declawing cats- taking dew claws just in case of injury.

I am against all these procedures.

First- taking dew claws off because the chance of injury later in life, I don't agree with it. because if we were to do this. We should all have our appendix removed. It doesn't do much for the body in terms of function and trust me when it bursts it is the most dangerous and probably more painful then labor. Shit I should know.

To cosmetically remove body parts because some stupid people have indicated this is the standard. Then we should all go out and die our hair blonde, get boob jobs because the media has determined this is the standard for beauty.

Debate.....
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong..   Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong.. Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 1:19 am

Mini wrote:
Lets talk about cosmetically surgically removing tails, ears, dewclaws for the sake of breed standards. This can include declawing cats- taking dew claws just in case of injury.

I am against all these procedures.

First- taking dew claws off because the chance of injury later in life, I don't agree with it. because if we were to do this. We should all have our appendix removed. It doesn't do much for the body in terms of function and trust me when it bursts it is the most dangerous and probably more painful then labor. Shit I should know.

To cosmetically remove body parts because some stupid people have indicated this is the standard. Then we should all go out and die our hair blonde, get boob jobs because the media has determined this is the standard for beauty.

Debate.....

Regarding dew claws. ... grooming wise they would be a blessing if removed with very hairy dogs at a young age. Not about breed standards but convenience with a lifetime of grooming. On every other of your points I can agree. I have dyed my hair blonde many times and a few other colors , that's painless. Boob jobs I think look so fake, but perky. LOL this coming from a person who doesn't to bras, I hate them, they suck and I only use them if "the girls" are gonna do a major bounce fest...like a sitting trot. :lol:
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong..   Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong.. Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 1:26 am

LOL

sorry, but do we remove due claws just for the convience factor of it.... is their a health reason for this.

See this is where logic and compassion cross paths. Most people say they do it at a young age because the pup doesn't feel any pain and the nerves are not fully developed. I understand the logic. But I have also held puppies ( not mine) that have had this procedure done. And if the puppy screaming isn't a sign of pain.. then shit...... because prior to them being removed pup was fine... and when being done.. pup was screaming.

I just don't see the reasoning why,

I have heard about tails breaking, damaging things. dew claws being ripped. I understand all of that. However, I am not going to tell everyone to get their appendix ripped out because it may burst. LOL

as for bras.. you can have my boobs.. lol pain in the ass.. they are.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong..   Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong.. Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 8:44 am

The dew claws can be removed while the dog is being neutered or spayed.
They are sent home with pain meds and it is all done.
I don't know how other people remove dew claws but if the puppy is screaming, I'm thinking it hurts that way. affraid
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong..   Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong.. Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 10:02 am

Call me shallow but I do like the look of dock tails on breeds where the standard calls for a docked tail. In the Rottweiler breed, you see a lot of European imports with tails because it's illegal to dock in a lot of the countries over there. Some tailed Rottweilers to me look like black and tan Labs. With cropped ears, for Boxers, I like the look of the natural ear than the cropped on them. Dew claws, my dog's was removed when she was a puppy. Her dew claws were removed when her tail was docked. I would have gotten anyways if she had a tail. But I don't think there should be laws against docking and cropping, only that it should be done by a licensed vet. There are always going to be those morons out there that will take it upon themselves to dock their dog's tails and crop their ears. I would like to see it done by a vet.

ETA:
I guess the argument could be why do we spay and neuter our pets when it really isn't hard to responsibly keep a female in heat under supervision and at home for a few weeks. We don't force every human female out there to get a hysterectomy and every human male to get a vasectomy. Is it really healthier for the pets to be altered? I see a lot of debates on just that alone. IDK BTW, I'm not against altering a pet. lol
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong..   Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong.. Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 5:04 pm

Have you ever heard a cat in heat?
I could never have a female cat in my house if she weren't spayed.
I like to sleep too much. Razz
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong..   Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong.. Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 12:28 am

Jerseyfivedogs wrote:

Sooooooooooooooo True. :lol:
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong..   Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong.. Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 10:33 am

Jerseyfivedogs wrote:

lol ... Yeah, that's why mine are fixed. Plus I can't stand the smell of a male cat spraying. Yuck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong..   Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lets debate.... convince me I am wrong..
Page 1 of 1