Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite books ad why

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Favorite books ad why Empty
PostSubject: Favorite books ad why   Favorite books ad why Icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009, 8:55 pm

The last book i recently finished reading was my sisters keeper

I really enjoyed it. I was shocked at the ending. I know they made a movie out of it. I am not sure if it is out yet. Sometimes I don't watch the movie because I find that it chops up the story too much.. But I may just have to watch this movie

So, I am always interesting in book reviews. I tend to like true stories over fiction....

What have you been reading?
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books ad why   Favorite books ad why Icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009, 9:03 pm

The best book that I've read lately was Still Alice by Lisa Genova.

It's about a woman who is diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's. It follows her perspective as her memory begins to fail her.
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books ad why   Favorite books ad why Icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009, 9:05 pm

Mini wrote:

I really enjoyed it. I was shocked at the ending. I know they made a movie out of it. I am not sure if it is out yet. Sometimes I don't watch the movie because I find that it chops up the story too much.. But I may just have to watch this movie

I've read the book and watched the movie. I thought they were both fantastic. I cried so much that the arm rest of the couch was still wet the next day. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books ad why   Favorite books ad why Icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009, 9:35 pm

Boston wrote:
Mini wrote:

I've read the book and watched the movie. I thought they were both fantastic. I cried so much that the arm rest of the couch was still wet the next day. Sad

hmm i am going to have to go rent it now.......

thanks
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books ad why   Favorite books ad why Icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009, 11:00 pm

Ok, now I'm going to have to buy the book and watch the movie "My Sister's Keeper" when things slow down with the courses I'm taking. It was a movie I wanted to see but things got busy and I forgot about the movie.

Like you Mini, I prefer books based on true stories than fiction ones. I'm not into reading a lot of books, the last book I read based on a true story was "Shake Hands with the Devil".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books ad why   Favorite books ad why Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 11:05 am

My all time favorite book is "The Executioners Song" by Norman Mailer.
Second favorite is "the Prince of Tides" by Pat Conroy.

BBE, what is Shake Hands with the Devil about?
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books ad why   Favorite books ad why Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 2:55 pm

sophie wrote:
My all time favorite book is "The Executioners Song" by Norman Mailer.
Second favorite is "the Prince of Tides" by Pat Conroy.

BBE, what is Shake Hands with the Devil about?

Shake Hands with the Devil is about the civil war that broke out in Rowanda in '94 between two African tribes. The Canadian army was sent in as Peace Keepers, but when a civil war broke out and the Canadian army was warning the U.N. about this, no one did anything until 100,000+ people were killed in about a month or two.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books ad why   Favorite books ad why Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 2:56 pm

BBE, I am going to have to get that book......

Thanks so much for the review......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books ad why   Favorite books ad why Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite books ad why
Page 1 of 1