Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Time Management

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Time Management  Empty
PostSubject: Time Management    Time Management  Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 10:29 pm

How do you manage your time? Are you like me and procrastinate on doing certain things? LOL Do you use a calendar, make notes, use an agenda to help manage your time? Also, how do you deal with the stress of having to get eight million things done a day? Tips, advice, and stories would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Time Management  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Management    Time Management  Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 11:51 pm

I don't stress on what I don't get done, I usually make a list for the week of things I know I have to get done,if something else gets in the way of that,I move the list around and do the most important things first and the rest of the list can carry over until the next week

Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

Time Management  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Management    Time Management  Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 1:11 am

We are busy people, I have to be organised. Everything goes on the calendar.

We came up with a meal plan for the week. We came up with healthy meals that we like and are fast to prepare - one of them is a slow cooker chicken meal, one of them is shrimp stir-fry, one is pasta. This way, we do not have to spend any time figuring out what we will eat. For example, we know that every Tuesday we will eat fish (takes 10 minutes to cook), rice, hommus and salad. Every Monday we eat the Monday meal, every Tuesday we eat the Tuesday meal, etc. Boring, but we picked food we liked, and it makes my life so much easier.

I used to make a huge amount of soup on the weekend, and it would last all week. We used to also cut up everything for a saladd and put it in a huge container with no dressing on a Sunday. We would take salad from it for every supper as well. We have not been doing either of these two things lately - we should start it up again.

We have a shopping list always on the go, so any trip to the store results in us getting fully stocked up.

Mail paperwork gets dealt with almost immediately then filed, so nothing gets "outstanding."

All my bills are paid for by automatic debit, that saves a lot of time. When I buy diapers, I buy in large quantity.

I procrastinate on some stuff - still have not done my kids baby books, have never videotaped my kids or recorded their voices, and I hate updating the picture books.

I stress on what I do not get done. It weighs on me terribly. Apparantly not enough to actually get me moving on it, just enough to make me feel like a bad person.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Time Management  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Management    Time Management  Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 8:57 am

Depending on what it is, I procrastinate... like going to work to pick up my schedule, I've postponed that. Most of the time, its just a matter of not having time because of work.

Since I'm now basically doing 3 jobs (PSW, Cakes, Epicure) I have to write out the last two on my calendar for when they are due so that I'll know when they are expected of me.
Back to top Go down

Time Management  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Management    Time Management  Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 9:09 am

yorkiemom wrote:
I don't stress on what I don't get done, I usually make a list for the week of things I know I have to get done,if something else gets in the way of that,I move the list around and do the most important things first and the rest of the list can carry over until the next week

DITTO

Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Time Management  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Management    Time Management  Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 9:48 am

I can't imagine living on such a time restriced plan,what if I want meatloaf on Tuesday instead of fish? I would hate the idea that my regime was so resticted that I knew every day of the week exactly what was going to be put on the table

Guess I am a little more relaxed than that
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

Time Management  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Management    Time Management  Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 9:53 am

We substitute it sometimes, or go out to eat. From the time I get home until the time we feed the kids, I have about 20 minutes, so I have to know in advance and have the stuff on hand.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Time Management  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Management    Time Management  Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 10:09 am

i didn't mean to insinuate that you didn't,just that I would hate that routine,guess maybe I am a bit more spontanous,and I am not so sure my kids would be happy with knowing every day what was going to be for dinner.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Time Management  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Management    Time Management  Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 11:42 am

The hubby and I have considered a meal plan.. because we both hate cooking after a long day at work... so usually we end up going out to eat but we want to cut that out and just eat at home. I think meal planning is good for things like that or for when you have a short period of time before dinner needs to be ready.. And even if today is meatloaf tuesday... you can always switch it up and make burgers instead if you are just sick of meatloaf.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Time Management  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Management    Time Management  Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 11:52 am

a subject I hate...

Not enough time in a day right now..
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Time Management  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Management    Time Management  Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 1:59 pm

I find after working a full-time job, and depending on the day of the week - there's the volunteer work that I do, then there is the dog's agility & rally-o classes, kids stuff, and housework. That I procrastinate on other things that I know I should attempt to tend to, but say to myself "oh, I'll tackle that tomorrow". Then when tomorrow comes, I push it off to the next day. I just don't have the energy or motivation to want to tackle those other items. For example, my car. It definitely looks like I have kids and a dog. lol It really needs to be detailed. I don't want to pay to have it taken in to a shop to do it, would rather do it myself and save money and need to get cracking on it before the really cold weather hits. Ahhhh!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Time Management  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Management    Time Management  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time Management
Page 1 of 1