Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party.

Go down 
+3
yorkiemom
rottnmom
ivegotfleas1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party. Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party.   Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party. Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 8:48 am

Junior will be 9 in August and I was wondering if anyone had any cheap and simple ideas for a party we can have at home. We have access to a pool so swimming will be part of it I'm sure.

I found this idea online.....

BACKWARDS PARTY
Invitations:
Written all backwards.
Can use standard invites or use a thank you note for the invitation. Use the Invitation for the thank you

Decorations and Birthday Order:
Hang balloons upside down from their string. Print out a banner to read backwards, Streamers on the floor. You can turn your chairs around etc. Have the kids come dressed backwards. Open presents first, have cake then do games.
Tablecloth under the table on the floor and kids sit under table for cake, etc. Hang balloons upside down from under table as well. Also, when setting table, set everything backwards with cup in front of you turned upside down, then plate in front of it turned upside down and silverware backwards - vase with flowers put in upside down for centerpiece.
When greeting guests at door can mark with sign "enter at back door" and guests have to go around house to come in your back door. Greet with "good-bye, glad you came!".

Food:
Serve the cake first, then everything else.
Cake:
We did upside down cupcakes. Used a dab of frosting on the bottoms to hold the candles. All the cupcakes were together on one platter.
Goodie Bags:
Tape the goodies to the outside. Or have items in the bags and let the kids wrap their presents to take home.
GAMES

Scavenger Hunt: Make a list of items, but write the words backwards so the kids have to figure them out.

Clothes pin Into the Bucket: Kids must stand with their back to the bucket and try to drop the clothes pin into it.

Musical Chairs: Sit when the music comes on. All kids try to sit in the same chairs. At end all the kids pile onto the last chair.

Backwards Relay: Need one doll and two pieces of clothing for each team. Child must run backwards to doll dress it (backwards of course), then run back, backwards of course. Next child does the same but undresses the doll.

You could have a jar of jelly beans or something else and have everyone guess. The person who is the farthest away would win the prize.

Reverse of "Hide and Seek," called "Sardines." One person hides and everyone else seeks them, only as the players find the person hiding, they hide with them and the last person to find them is it for the next round.

INSIDE OUT PIÑATAS: Have enough balloons blown up for each person to have one (have extras to replace popped ones). Dump a huge bag of wrapped candy on the floor, give each child access to scotch tape, and let them cover their balloons with candy. Voila--an inside out piñata!

Call the kids by their backwards names

OBSTACLE COURSE: Set up an obstacle course and number each. Have the children run backwards and in backwards numerical order. Time each child and after all are finished, reward the one who took the longest time to finish. Do not announce that this is how you are going to reward or they won't try to finish first!
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party.   Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party. Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 9:10 am

LOVE this! cheers

Time each child and after all are finished, reward the one who took the longest time to finish. Do not announce that this is how you are going to reward or they won't try to finish first!"

Got any old slinkies lurking around......have a slinky race (by two's) down the stairs. Need I mention you also need stairs. Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party. 80851

.....or outside on long boards

Have them make sailboats and then set up races in the pool.
Might want to make curved sails..........easier to blow 'wind' into the sail

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/boats/lid/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party.   Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party. Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 9:11 am

Sounds good to me better run it by junior first though, kids can be picky about their parties. 🤡
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party.   Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party. Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 9:13 am

have done the backwards day thing and my kids thought it was a riot,bet jr would like it too
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party.   Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party. Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 9:49 am

That is an awesome idea. I love it!!
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party.   Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party. Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 10:53 am

That's really cool Fleas! I would never have thought of that. Do you have a pool? You could do a Hawaiin themed party?

Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party.   Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party. Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 10:59 am

We have a pool for the whole complex, but I'm sure we could pull some strings to get it for an hour or two.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party.   Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party. Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 11:17 am

she's lucky to have a birthday in summer. My daughter's is in March..my son in Sept.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party.   Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party. Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 8:01 pm

jamn53 wrote:
Sounds good to me better run it by junior first though, kids can be picky about their parties. 🤡

+1
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party.   Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party. Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 12:07 am

Bwahaha...a "reverse" money cake (was discussed here before). All guests that find no money in the regular Bday cake must pay dad a coin to help with party expenses. Giggle Giggle Giggle
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party.   Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party. Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 2:22 am

pooperscooper wrote:
Bwahaha...a "reverse" money cake (was discussed here before). All guests that find no money in the regular Bday cake must pay dad a coin to help with party expenses. Giggle Giggle Giggle

cheers

Ran it by her and she thinks it is a great idea Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party.   Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party. Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 2:59 pm

so did you decide on a theme yet? I hope Junior loves it!!
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party.   Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party. Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 3:10 pm

Looks like backwards is the answer, she likes the idea.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party.   Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party. Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 3:11 pm

That does sounds like it could be a lot of fun for all involved. When is the big party and where is my invite?
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party.   Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party. Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 3:15 pm

It'll be on the 21st, but her bday is the 22nd. My grandma is on the same day so we will be going to see her the 22nd for her little party.

I'm pretty sure yourkey sent out the invites, you may want to talk to her. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party.   Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas for juniors upcoming birthday party.
Page 1 of 1